Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
"The NFL will investigate the possibility that the New England Patriots deflated footballs during the AFC championship game, which they won 45-7 over the Indianapolis Colts, according to Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com.

The league has guidelines on how much pressure the ball must have — between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch, weighing between 14 and 15 ounces.

The Patriots have faced accusations that they've skirted the rules for years, and they were penalized for spying on the New York Jets during the 2007 season with the loss of a first-round draft pick and a hefty fine paid not by the team but by Bill Belichick himself."

Deflate-gate Report Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

I would not be surprised, not one bit. Beli-cheat is a cheater.

Looking forward to a great super bowl, maybe the best in a while.

The only deflated balls on the field were those of the Colts after that ass beating.

But it is funny that the deflated balls story even makes headlines. It is only because we know that the Patriots have been caught cheating in the past. Once a thief always a thief.

I doubt I watch.

• Banned
The Patriots soundly kicked butt.

Beli-cheat has taken the game down a bad road. I would not take free tickets and spent my time anymore because of this type of activity.

As much as this Dolphin despises the Pats, just coz they won doesn't mean they cheated.
I had high hopes for Luck and the Colts but their game play made me wonder howthe he'll they made it to this game.

Super Bowl IL should be a really good match up

No amount of minor cheating would have changed the game's outcome. The Colts were trounced.
However - if I was a Patriots fan I would be embarrassed. Bellicheat is a disgrace to the league.
I could not stomach supporting a franchise that allows a head coach to cheat and continue coaching.
I remember years back when Dallas went through a similar deal - everyone called them the "Dallas Convicts"
At least they changed their ways.
The Patriots? Apparently they think it is okay.

• Banned
From the posts here it looks like cheating is an accepted practice. smh

The Patriots soundly beat the Colts, why cheat? the Patriots did not need any help.

Already tried and convicted in the court of public opinion... ossum! :lol:

The NFL's investigation will conclude that the allegations are false. And then you haters will claim that was fixed too.

suck it, losers. :thup:

The NFL's investigation will conclude that the allegations are false. And then you haters will claim that was fixed too.

:thup:

Allegedly, the NFL asked Belichick for the Patriots' balls so they could further test them. Belichick, through a Patriot spokesman said, "We do not have any balls".

j/k

:lol::p:D

"The NFL will investigate the possibility that the New England Patriots deflated footballs during the AFC championship game, which they won 45-7 over the Indianapolis Colts, according to Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com.

The league has guidelines on how much pressure the ball must have — between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch, weighing between 14 and 15 ounces.

The Patriots have faced accusations that they've skirted the rules for years, and they were penalized for spying on the New York Jets during the 2007 season with the loss of a first-round draft pick and a hefty fine paid not by the team but by Bill Belichick himself."

Deflate-gate Report Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

There will always be PLENTY of Patriots haters out there, spewing nonsense about deflated balls, spying on other teams (like THAT is something new in the NFL), and other assorted NONSENSE.

A lot of people HATE success. A lot of people have serious problems with jealousy and envy. A lot of people are nothing more than useful idiots.

Let's face the facts. Even if there were a SHRED of truth to the footballs being deflated, the balls were deflated for BOTH teams. So there was no advantage gained by either team. Unless of course somebody has film of a mysterious Patriots flunky deflating the footballs that only the Patriots used. LMAO!

Get over it, Patriots haters. Suck it up, and move on to some other "conspiracy theory". There are plenty of them out there.

So Andrew Luck doesn't know what a regulation football feels like? Doubt it.
I think someone must have inflated the Seahawks' tires at the last minute though.

Cheating is cheating, no matter how minor or how big the Patriots won. This is not the first time they have been accused. The last time, the were found to be cheaters...this time, we will see.

I am not a hater, but if they did cheat...they need to lose more than a draft pick and someone needs to be banned from the NFL.

There will always be PLENTY of Patriots haters out there, spewing nonsense about deflated balls, spying on other teams (like THAT is something new in the NFL), and other assorted NONSENSE.

A lot of people HATE success. A lot of people have serious problems with jealousy and envy. A lot of people are nothing more than useful idiots.

Let's face the facts. Even if there were a SHRED of truth to the footballs being deflated, the balls were deflated for BOTH teams. So there was no advantage gained by either team. Unless of course somebody has film of a mysterious Patriots flunky deflating the footballs that only the Patriots used. LMAO!

Get over it, Patriots haters. Suck it up, and move on to some other "conspiracy theory". There are plenty of them out there.

Not true...each team supplies their OWN footballs.

So Andrew Luck doesn't know what a regulation football feels like? Doubt it.
I think someone must have inflated the Seahawks' tires at the last minute though.
Again, Luck wouldn't have used New England's footballs.

Nope not a "Patriot hater" but a hater of those that cheat.

Nope not a "Patriot hater" but a hater of those that cheat.

I won't hide it, I think I hate the Patriots and the Cowboys, not sure in which order. I am not even I know why. I think mostly because they put on the airs of being America's team.

Old Billychek is supposedly such a football genius yet he didn't know that video taping the opponents defensive calls was cheating? Really? I hope that the Patriots lose just like GB lost, the whining and crying will be deafening.

Forum List

Back