O'Donnell questions separation of church, state

Nothing in the Constitution says you can't pray, or put religious artifacts on public land.

Yes, the first amendment means the government cannot put religious symbols on public land. This is what James Madison and Thomas Jefferson intended when they wrote it.

God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence.

Except when Obama reads it aloud.

Bullshit, the part about Obama.

And mentioning God or a Creator is not specifying a religion. Christianity, Islam, Judaism all have the same God.

God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence.

Except when Obama reads it aloud.

Bullshit, the part about Obama.

And mentioning God or a Creator is not specifying a religion. Christianity, Islam, Judaism all have the same God.

He didn't even mention a creator. He dropped that altogether.

"By their creator" is, verbatim, in the Declaration.

He should stick to reading his self-serving books if he just wants to make shit up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR61uTGTFoM[/ame]

Jefferson wrote a letter to Baptists in Connecticut. It got preserved. The Supreme Court opened it opened it up in both the 19th and 20th Centuries.

Many think it stinks(?)! Many think it needs to be stirred into a cauldron, filled with snakes, and snails and puppy dog tails. . . .and artificial sweetener(?)! Many think of it as moldy gingerbread. Many wonder why it be exhumed all the time(?)! They are talkin' serious, "Pheww!!"

There is a record of the 1947 usage of the term, in the Supreme Court. Anyone comes away with the opinion that Thomas Jefferson was actually there, at the time. Others were not there at the time. . .unless they can magically fly around Delaware. The GOP Senate candidate is self-described, as not being a witch. The "Tinker Bell" part of the issue is not addressed.

Everson v. Board of Education of the Township of Ewing

There is a summary of how the Jefferson usage comes about in a summary paragraph. "Separation of Church and State" is also used as the summary statement in the conclusion.

The Confitution is filled with words, and words have meanings. So when meanings are acribed to the Constituion, then those are in the words of the Conftitution: Which doesn't seem to spell things out, to swell: Anyone might say at this time(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Great Darting Squirrel of California Venice Beach knows about nuts, in fact(?)!)

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be religion dictating policy to the government? I do see a difference
What your saying is like the Catholic religion could make it a crime if a person used contaception
I don't know if they'd make it a crime...but certainly both Christians and Muslims would have no problem making gay marriage a crime. Or abortion.

What is the difference when you get right down to it? No religion should be allowed to make laws based on their morality.

I agree fully with you, hence Separation of Church and State...in that regards.
But to put a Nativity scene in a public square, or saying "in God we trust...." is not separation of Church and State. IMHO
As long as you don't expect me to pay for it I have no problem with it...and as long as you don't exclude on religion but not another.

A nativity scene is not allowed on public land.

Just as a Muslim symbol or a Jewish symbol is not allowed on public land.

Public land is owned by the tax payers/government.

We have the Ten Commandments at City Hall where I live. :eusa_whistle:

That's a constitutional violation. If you love the constitution and want to uphold and support it, you should go tell them to take it off public property.

And actually I kind of doubt you. Go take a picture of it and prove it.

Are you calling me a liar? Get YOUR ass out here and look for yourself. Post Falls, Idaho.
You see, people out here don't see it as a Consitutional violation, and it shouldn't be...this is the part where I don't see it as separation of Church and State, and a lot of other people don't either.

I don't know if they'd make it a crime...but certainly both Christians and Muslims would have no problem making gay marriage a crime. Or abortion.

What is the difference when you get right down to it? No religion should be allowed to make laws based on their morality.

I agree fully with you, hence Separation of Church and State...in that regards.
But to put a Nativity scene in a public square, or saying "in God we trust...." is not separation of Church and State. IMHO
As long as you don't expect me to pay for it I have no problem with it...and as long as you don't exclude on religion but not another.

We are on the same page, Ravi. I don't make exclusions regarding religion.

So according to The Bearded Marxist "Separation of Church and State" is in the Constitution?

Would someone please point out where?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So according to The Bearded Marxist "Separation of Church and State" is in the Constitution?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's not separation of church and state.

That was a made up construct, like Kwaanzaa.

If my local taxes are paying for it, it is.

And when someone finally asks that it be removed, those who want it to stay will have no legal leg to stand on.

Why does the left hold Bush as the epitome of conservatism? Everyone know that he isn't....but his name keeps coming up. Bush wan't a true conservative, but the left put up Gore, and Kerry to run against him.....just what did you people think the outcome would be?
Where is the Obama healthcare "requirement" in the Constitution?

Why? Seriously? Because talking head conservative movers and shakers and their "me too" followers defended him to the hilt day in and day out right up until the end. Once he was out of office, they have tried to distance themselves and have thrown him under the bus.
:lol: But not the conservatives, they were complaining about Bush when he was in office, and me being one of them.

Me too. But the vast majority of people who self identified as conservatives acted like he was president by divine providence. :cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol: And all other religions. Made up constructs.

and Christmas and Easter? :lol:

And when someone finally asks that it be removed, those who want it to stay will have no legal leg to stand on.

So says, Bo. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back