The Founders of our nation (USA) never intended "separation of Church & state" as we know it..

Secularists have created the division by rejecting the teachings of Christ and the Bible. Not sure how you can twist that around, but I'd be interested in seeing your thought process.

When I grew up, it was religions that made me reject their teachings.
I saw religions promoting slavery, segregation, illegal wars, burning witches, dictating, etc.
It took a lot of reading to understand religions at one time had a higher purpose.
But they have done badly.

I saw religions promoting slavery, segregation, illegal wars, burning witches, dictating, etc.
It took a lot of reading to understand religions at one time had a higher purpose.
Right.. you witnessed slavery first hand

sheez...

:banghead:

What is pure BS is people calling others nutcases simply because of what they believe

By that definition

maybe

just maybe

it is the left who are nutcases? How about this fro an example:

believing that human life begins after 9 months of existence in the womb, therefore you can "terminate" this entity before he or she makes it out of of that environment.

If that is not insane to you... and I'm sure it isn't. ...

nuf said

Until an infant is born and wakes up, they have been in perpetual sleep, so then do not care if they live or die yet.
They lack what is known as "sentience".

You really can't judge the teachings of Christ by the misinterpretations of men. Each of us has to seek the truth as individuals. I don't attend any Church at this time because most of them teach false doctrine. I simply pray to God and read His words for myself. I try to help others in need, and I try to be a good example in my daily walk. I accept those things that are good and reject those things that are evil. I ask God for wisdom and discernment and just live my life as honestly and with as much integrity as I can. I'm far from perfect and, like all men, will continue to make mistakes along the way.

This link explains how Americans have gotten things ... shall we say (as Lincoln used to) "bass ackwards"

The state was not to intervene in Churches (unless members therein were committing crimes). Nowhere was it intended or postulated tht the Church could not be involved with the state
Yeah. I've thought this for decades. Our founding fathers and our founding documents are plastered with references to God and religion. If the literal translation was to separate church and state this would not be the case. Lefties take the phrase to mean no God, no religion, keep them out of everything.

This link explains how Americans have gotten things ... shall we say (as Lincoln used to) "bass ackwards"

The state was not to intervene in Churches (unless members therein were committing crimes). Nowhere was it intended or postulated tht the Church could not be involved with the state
By my understanding the "wall of separation" entitled in the famous letter by Thomas Jefferson is that the "Church of Pennsylvania and the Church of Virginia " were at odds with each other and the "United States" government couldn't get involved with an internal Church matter....meaning that the Government had no right to interfere in what we modernly term as a "States rights issue ".

Religion really was not so much relevant because EVERYONE was a Christian in the newly formed nation....heathens were routinely executed or horsewhipped to the border of a state....which is the underlying problem that caused Pennsylvania to write to Thomas Jefferson.

Until an infant is born and wakes up, they have been in perpetual sleep, so then do not care if they live or die yet.
They lack what is known as "sentience".

LIE

I'm going w/ the science

:rolleyes:

Yeah. I've thought this for decades. Our founding fathers and our founding documents are plastered with references to God and religion. If the literal translation was to separate church and state this would not be the case. Lefties take the phrase to mean no God, no religion, keep them out of everything.
leftists twist and distort and ruin everything

Their religion is the sickest one ever invented (but we all knew that)

You really can't judge the teachings of Christ by the misinterpretations of men. Each of us has to seek the truth as individuals. I don't attend any Church at this time because most of them teach false doctrine. I simply pray to God and read His words for myself. I try to help others in need, and I try to be a good example in my daily walk. I accept those things that are good and reject those things that are evil. I ask God for wisdom and discernment and just live my life as honestly and with as much integrity as I can. I'm far from perfect and, like all men, will continue to make mistakes along the way.

I could hv written this myself.

I used to be in what I thought was the Church Christ founded... but it only had residual elements thereof... and there were too many evil people there...

so now I am where you are, more/less...

I pray the rosary and it lifts me above the insanity... :)

The 1st Amendment guarantee of freedom of religion was intended to keep the Government out of the business of churches (and synagogues and temples, etc) and denying those religious entities from having a lawful say in government and laws.

Accordingly, our government can’t tell me who I must worship or even if I must worship. There is no “state” religion and there shouldn’t ever be one. That’s pretty much all that 1st Amendment provision means.

Of course they did. Do you know why? It was because of the history of Europe when countries were aligned with Catholic or Protestant faiths/religions, and they actually fought wars because of that. Our founding fathers didn't want that kind of divisiveness for America.

Of course they did. Do you know why? It was because of the history of Europe when countries were aligned with Catholic or Protestant faiths/religions, and they actually fought wars because of that. Our founding fathers didn't want that kind of divisiveness for America.

not sure you agree or not with oP but OP & site stands as truth regardless

The 1st Amendment guarantee of freedom of religion was intended to keep the Government out of the business of churches (and synagogues and temples, etc) and denying those religious entities from having a lawful say in government and laws.

if you are saying people who go to Church were not intended to have any involvement in govt...!!

you do not know the history of this country and are wrong as can be

Again, the OP and site stand... That is truth and anyone who disagrees is wrong as hell

That's true. Wow, did Democrats thwart their plan

What they were against was having a State religion
exactly.

there's a big difference btwn saying that Church people cnnot be involved in govt matters

and saying that to be so involved is establishing a state religion

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Fine, I can accept all that.
But since religions do try to preach a particular set of values that they want to impose by force, that I do not necessarily believe in, then I have to see organized religions as a threat.

That is only because you belong to the majority.
What if you were Hindi, Moslem, Bhuddist, Zoroastrian, etc.?

And as a Christian, you should be against all laws that impose without defending anyone else, like Prohibition, the War on Drugs, etc.
You should also have been against all wars that were not defensive, which is all wars since 1812.

Well being as I wasn't born until 1961 I have been against all wars since them.

Forum List

Back