Obama's speech to Hispanic caucus gala leaves out CREATOR when he quotes the Preamble

That's not a preamble. That's a topic sentence.
preamble
When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Like I said, that's a topic sentence, not a preamble.

Maybe we think the President of the United States - especially when he's been touted to us as being so fucking brilliant - should be able to correctly quote one of the most famous lines from one of the United States' founding documents. Given that public speaking is one of the major job requirements of the Presidency - and we were forced to live with eight YEARS of leftist bitching and moaning about Bush making misstatements and misquotes about lesser issues - it doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

On the other hand, this is also a country where large numbers of the populace apparently can't even correctly NAME the founding document Obama misquoted (take a bow, dimwit), so maybe it IS too much to ask for Obama to get the quote right. Birds of a feather, and all that.

I thought you didn't want to play with me anymore?

I don't care to hear any more of your delusional, obfuscating drivel on the subject of evolution. At the point where your posts on THIS subject resemble those (and at this rate, I see that happening very soon), I'll stop paying attention to you in this thread, too.

Yeah, you don't care to look like a giant, uninformed ass anymore.

Hey, I made a mistake on this thread.

In comparison to you and evolution that's one for you and 500 for me.

The difference between you and me? I admit when I make a mistake.

Now let the rage seeth through you.

preamble
When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Ask any scholar of the Declaration of Independence and they will tell you that is the preamble.

The Declaration of Independence is made up of five distinct parts: the introduction; the preamble; the body, which can be divided into two sections; and a conclusion.

INTRODUCTION

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

PREAMBLE
Some claim all of this is the preamble:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
Declaration of Independence: Preamble

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
well well

SNIP:
See if you can find the words "endowed by their creator" in this clip, Obama's speech Wednesday night to the Hispanic caucus skips right over it. (Notice the long pause)
YouTube - Pr.Obama - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal' - CHCI

via weselzippers

OBAMA: "We all shared the same land. We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together, what made us all Americans, was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

read the rest here.
HotAirPundit: Obama's Speech to the Hispanic Caucus Gala Leaves out the word "Creator" When He Quotes the Preamble (Video)

If he had mentioned a "magical Gawd", the right would have said he was:

1. Talking to Allah.

2. Talking to himself.

3. Asked why he was talking to a bunch of Mexicans?

It least the right wing is consistent with their hate.

White women breed at about a 0.6 rate per woman.

Black women at about 0.8 rate per woman.

Hispanic women at about 1.2 rate per woman.

Hispanics I know say they will never vote Republican in their lifetime. Good. Let that Confederate party die out. It won't be soon enough.

well well

SNIP:
See if you can find the words "endowed by their creator" in this clip, Obama's speech Wednesday night to the Hispanic caucus skips right over it. (Notice the long pause)
YouTube - Pr.Obama - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal' - CHCI

via weselzippers

OBAMA: "We all shared the same land. We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together, what made us all Americans, was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

read the rest here.
HotAirPundit: Obama's Speech to the Hispanic Caucus Gala Leaves out the word "Creator" When He Quotes the Preamble (Video)

1. Talking to Allah.

2. Talking to himself.

Hispanics I know say they will never vote Republican in their lifetime. Good. Let that Confederate party die out. It won't be soon enough.

I think Hispanics are fast learners. They will figure out how the Democrats sold out Blacks and jump ship quickly.

preamble

How come you are leaving the rest of Part 1 (not a preamble) out?

preamble

Ask any scholar of the Declaration of Independence and they will tell you that is the preamble.

The Declaration of Independence is made up of five distinct parts: the introduction; the preamble; the body, which can be divided into two sections; and a conclusion.

INTRODUCTION

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

PREAMBLE

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Thre is no preamble in the Dec of Ind....but it's pretty funny how some of you are going elbows and assholes to cover up for the glaring error known as the OP.

There is no Preamble to the Declaration of Independence. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Since you mocked everyone on this thread who incorrectly referred to the Constitution, do I get to mock you for this blatantly wrong statement?

Declaration of Independence (Preamble)

Preamble to U.S. Declaration of Independence

SparkNotes: The Declaration of Independence (1776): Preamble

Declaration of Independence (United States) - New World Encyclopedia

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

::sigh:: Quantum, I love you, and God knows I hate to have to contradict you on something like this, but the fact is, the Declaration doesn't really have a Preamble. The desire of some people to break it up into sections and attach labels to them is entirely THEIR little red wagon, and has no real meaning except to them.

If you look at pictures of the original Declaration and Constitution, you can see that the Constitution was written in sections, clearly labeled, and the entire document is headed with a separate section, what we call the Preamble. In other words, it was actually written and formatted to have one. The Declaration, on the other hand, is just one big chunk, not even broken into paragraphs, let alone sections. The most you can say is that it has a topic sentence, lots of exposition, and a concluding statement.

If you click on your links, you'll notice that they're each referring to different sections of text as the "Preamble".

Every properly constructed document contains a preamble, even if we call it the theme statement or topic sentence. The theme of the Declaration of Independence is actually the second paragraph, which makes it the preamble. The only link I posted that does not agree with this is the single link I would not use if I was writing a formal thesis.

Since the Declaration was written by one man there was no need to break it into sections like the Constitution.

::sigh:: Quantum, I love you, and God knows I hate to have to contradict you on something like this, but the fact is, the Declaration doesn't really have a Preamble. The desire of some people to break it up into sections and attach labels to them is entirely THEIR little red wagon, and has no real meaning except to them.

If you look at pictures of the original Declaration and Constitution, you can see that the Constitution was written in sections, clearly labeled, and the entire document is headed with a separate section, what we call the Preamble. In other words, it was actually written and formatted to have one. The Declaration, on the other hand, is just one big chunk, not even broken into paragraphs, let alone sections. The most you can say is that it has a topic sentence, lots of exposition, and a concluding statement.

If you click on your links, you'll notice that they're each referring to different sections of text as the "Preamble".

Every properly constructed document contains a preamble, even if we call it the theme statement or topic sentence. The theme of the Declaration of Independence is actually the second paragraph, which makes it the preamble. The only link I posted that does not agree with this is the single link I would not use if I was writing a formal thesis.

Since the Declaration was written by one man there was no need to break it into sections like the Constitution.

Actually, a Preamble is an introduction. Not a topic sentence.

This is getting amusing.

There is no Preamble to the Declaration of Independence. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Since you mocked everyone on this thread who incorrectly referred to the Constitution, do I get to mock you for this blatantly wrong statement?

Declaration of Independence (Preamble)

Preamble to U.S. Declaration of Independence

SparkNotes: The Declaration of Independence (1776): Preamble

Declaration of Independence (United States) - New World Encyclopedia

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It isn't a Preamble. But I suppose most people can find anything stupid to fit their stupidity, eh? You just did.

1: an introductory statement; especially : the introductory part of a constitution or statute that usually states the reasons for and intent of the law
2: an introductory fact or circumstance; especially : one indicating what is to follow

Preamble - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

And I suppose people can forget that words and their usage can change over time in order to blind themselves to the fact that they made a mistake.

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation. We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -- That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all Experience hath shown that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security. Such has been the patient Sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the Necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The History of the present King of Great- Britain is a History of repeated Injuries and Usurpations, all having in direct Object the Establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid World.

That final sentence clearly frames this as an introduction to the facts to follow which justify the separation of the United States from Great Britain. Just because preamble has come to apply only to the Constitution in common usage in the United States, that does not mean it is the only use of the word.

well well

SNIP:

via weselzippers

read the rest here.

1. Talking to Allah.

2. Talking to himself.

I think Hispanics are fast learners. They will figure out how the Democrats sold out Blacks and jump ship quickly.

Sold out the blacks? The Democratic party is a party of coalitions. It's made up of black, white, Hispanic, gays, Muslims, feminists, Hindu, atheists. Everyone the Republicans hate.

Not a very good try at division from a political party that's 90% white.

1. Talking to Allah.

2. Talking to himself.

Are you trying for to break your record for the stupidest post in the history of the internet? You have that wrapped up for all time, so you can relax.

The Republican National Hispanic Assembly

Your racism is showing through again.

INTRODUCTION

PREAMBLE

Thre is no preamble in the Dec of Ind....but it's pretty funny how some of you are going elbows and assholes to cover up for the glaring error known as the OP.

The OP claimed this was part of the Constitution. By the time I read the thread that error had already been corrected, so I did not mention it. I am just wondering why your vaunted public education neglected to teach you the accurate meaning of words like preamble.

1. Talking to Allah.

2. Talking to himself.

Are you trying for to break your record for the stupidest post in the history of the internet? You have that wrapped up for all time, so you can relax.

Republicans put together a website saying a few Hispanic Republicans exist. Big deal. They have a few blacks too. They put all of them in the front row every time there is a Republican convention. What a hoot.

The party is still 90% white. That's not going to change any time soon.

1. Talking to Allah.

2. Talking to himself.

Republicans put together a website saying a few Hispanic Republicans exist. Big deal. They have a few blacks too. They put all of them in the front row every time there is a Republican convention. What a hoot.

The party is still 90% white. That's not going to change any time soon.

Black Caucus Studies Racial Makeup of House Committee Staffs - NYTimes.com

And Democrats are demonstratively at least as racist as Republicans.

The OP did not at any time say this was part of the Constitution. if you ALL would of read the rest and went to THE LINK, YOU WOULD OF SEEN THEY POSTED it was a preamble to the Dec. of Independence. I can't believe this even being argued about.
And bodecca has her panites bunched so far up her ass cause she thinks you all are defending the OP.
gawd how friggen funny.:lol::lol:

Last edited:
lol, this thread has become a laugh riot.

The OP did not at any time say this was part of the Constitution. if you ALL would of read the rest and went to THE LINK, YOU WOULD OF SEEN THEY POSTED it was a preamble to the Dec. of Independence. but hey, what the hell ever. you all look dumb for even arguing about something so TRIVIAL.
And bodecca has her panites bunched so far up her ass cause she thinks you all are defending the OP.

My apologies Steph, I had forgotten that when I responded.

lol, this thread has become a laugh riot.

The OP did not at any time say this was part of the Constitution. if you ALL would of read the rest and went to THE LINK, YOU WOULD OF SEEN THEY POSTED it was a preamble to the Dec. of Independence. but hey, what the hell ever. you all look dumb for even arguing about something so TRIVIAL.

My apologies Steph, I had forgotten that when I responded.

thank you

Forum List

Back