obama's christmas tree tax

What is the competition? Menorahs?

Artificial tree's I guess.

And since I'm allergic to the real trees, I'll put up my artificial again this year.

Not only do I avoid an asthma attack, I'll avoid paying Obama's tax.

Win Win! :D

Yes, but you're not helping foster a positive image of Christmas Trees while starting up an entirely new bureaucracy.

This is one of Obama's jobs programs btw.

Where is the bible does it say to have a sacrificial conifer?

Christmas trees are clearly part of the pagan festival.

That is about as stupid as saying altars are about and ONLY part of pagan worship.

You have two altars. One person is bowing to Baal (which btw was short of BAALZEBUB) and one person bows to God.

Because, the one altar is dedicated to Baal does not make all altars dedicated to Baal.

Well the same goes with Trees.

Because, pagans worship trees does not make my tree an object of worship. I put a nativity on my tree. It's clear what my tree represents.

Athesits do so buy Christmas trees!
We are proud of our pagan midwinter festival.

Since when do Athiests celebrate pagan festivals?

Besides, it wouldnt be a Christmas tree then, it would be a pagan midwinter festival tree.

tax wouldnt apply.

Unlike Christians, Atheists do whatever the hell they want.
Not just what their religion tells them to do.

I, as a Christian, am not doing what I want?

I hate to break it to you, but I WANT to be a Christian, or I would not be one.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Today's pork checkoff is at work for pork producers. U.S. pork producers and importers pay $0.40 per $100 of value when pigs are sold and when pigs or pork products are brought into the United States.

Started in 1985 under Reagan.

About Pork Checkoff and the National Pork Board

Congress created the Beef Promotion and Research
Act, the “Beef Checkoff Program,” with passage of the
1985 Farm Bill. Producers approved making the Beef
Checkoff Program mandatory in 1988, with
79 percent voting in favor of it.
Producers asked that the checkoff program be built on
these tenets:
• All producers and importers pay the equivalent of
$1/head each and every time a beef animal is sold
throughout its lifetime.

http://www.beefboard.org/producer/CBBFinalUnderstandingBrochure.pdf

Mr. No new tax Reagan no less.

That was Bush, dumb dumb!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rounded down to 75%, that is about 230,000,000 people. For the sake of argument, that's about $34.5 million in taxes, if all these people put up a real tree. We know that they won't. Some people don't want to fool with the mess, and some renters are not allowed. I allowed for the rough population of Jehovah's Witnesses, who do not celebrate Christmas.

Don't know what the population of real vs. artificial trees is. It would be interesting to know.

They estimated 17 million trees from major tree farms. About 2.5 million in Fees/Taxes. In the Nov 8, 2010 proposal. Artifical trees are not covered as an agg crop. wouldn't be subject to the fee(tax).

Faux outrage.

It's an faux outrage because artificial trees aren't covered?

You libs defense of this is about as stupid as the tax itself.

you really can't make shit this stupid up. fee free to defend it; i could use a laugh

"President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. The purpose of the Board is to run a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” (7 CFR 1214.46(n)). And the program of “information” is to include efforts to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States” (7 CFR 1214.10)."

because you know, without the government, no one would buy a christmas tree. :rofl:

Obama Couldn't Wait: His New Christmas Tree Tax

wtf?

This has got to be a fucking joke. Not even Obama could possibly be this stupid. Does he really think the Christmas Tree industry needs help?

How does taxing an industry help them???????

:eusa_eh:

Every single one of the people who piled on in this thread ought to issue some sort of retraction. We know you won't. But you should.

Media Matters????????????????????? ROFLMAO

well by the same token... look at the link in the OP... Heritage.org????????????? ROFLMAO!

Kochsucker

you really can't make shit this stupid up. fee free to defend it; i could use a laugh

"President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. The purpose of the Board is to run a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” (7 CFR 1214.46(n)). And the program of “information” is to include efforts to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States” (7 CFR 1214.10)."

because you know, without the government, no one would buy a christmas tree. :rofl:

wtf?
Here you go, Del.

Artificial War On Christmas Campaign Launches Fake Obama "Christmas Tree Tax" | Media Matters for America

You're welcome.

Nice try Media Matters, but like Truman always said, THE BUCK STOPS HERE.

The industry started working in 2008, BUT WHEN WAS THE TAX PROPOSED???????????

You show me when that happened!!!!!!

I'll bet a dime it wasn't in 2008.

Keep trying to lie about this libs.

Every single one of the people who piled on in this thread ought to issue some sort of retraction. We know you won't. But you should.

Media Matters????????????????????? ROFLMAO
:lol: You can lead a partisan hack to water, but you can't make it drink.

Do these articles help clear up the issue?

Christmas tree program gets green light - chicagotribune.com

USDA OKs Christmas tree tax - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Probl'y not for some.

Since when do Athiests celebrate pagan festivals?

Besides, it wouldnt be a Christmas tree then, it would be a pagan midwinter festival tree.

tax wouldnt apply.

Unlike Christians, Atheists do whatever the hell they want.
Not just what their religion tells them to do.

I, as a Christian, am not doing what I want?

I hate to break it to you, but I WANT to be a Christian, or I would not be one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUW1SGF7bR8]Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home - 1969 - YouTube[/ame]

wtf?
Here you go, Del.

Artificial War On Christmas Campaign Launches Fake Obama "Christmas Tree Tax" | Media Matters for America

You're welcome.

I ask again.

The industry started working with the Dep of Ag in 2008, BUT WHEN WAS THE TAX PROPOSED??????????

I'll bet a dime it wasn't under the Bush admin!!!!!!!

Keep trying to lie libs.

Forum List

Back