obama's christmas tree tax

Seems this is targeting a religion with a new tax, as Christmas is a Christian holiday. Are they gonna add a tax to the paraphernalia of other religous celebrationis? A burka tax?

A tax that targets Christmas trees.
A tax that targets tanning beds.

Why does Obama have it out for white Christians?

They want to make sure that Christmas tree growers of America has a union representative.

This government is completely out of control :eusa_wall:

You mean the government is completely in control right? :razz:

Do you care at all about the poor? I mean the poor people who have never heard of Christmas? The government had to act! Wont somebody please think of the children?

They want to make sure that Christmas tree growers of America has a union representative.

This government is completely out of control :eusa_wall:

You mean the government is completely in control right? :razz:

Do you care at all about the poor? I mean the poor people who have never heard of Christmas? The government had to act! Wont somebody please think of the children?

Yeah. that

I just realized something else,
Muslims, Jews and atheists don't buy Christmas trees. This is a tax on Christians and Wiccans only.

Yeah, which is why I said I could make two first amendment arguments on this:

The tax is unconstitutional because it's aimed at Christians who are trying to freely exercise their religion.

And the government uses for the tax are unconstitutional because the Federal government would be promoting Christmas which could be considered a violation of the establishment clause under current caselaw.

I dont particularly care for that interpretation of the establishment clase, but I could see the argument for it since the case law actually supports more liberal interpretations of it.

What has the WhiteHouse been doing for Christmas trees? Cutting one large one down per year?

Muslims, Jews and atheists don't buy Christmas trees. This is a tax on Christians and Wiccans only.

Athesits do so buy Christmas trees!
We are proud of our pagan midwinter festival.

Since when do Athiests celebrate pagan festivals?

Besides, it wouldnt be a Christmas tree then, it would be a pagan midwinter festival tree.

tax wouldnt apply.

Where is the bible does it say to have a sacrificial conifer?

Christmas trees are clearly part of the pagan festival.

Last edited:

Besides, it wouldnt be a Christmas tree then, it would be a pagan midwinter festival tree.

tax wouldnt apply.

Unlike Christians, Atheists do whatever the hell they want.
Not just what their religion tells them to do.

That has got to be one of the weirdest things. We need government to market our trees for us now? Big daddy govenment will make everything all better

So seriously ... is this a new tax?

Obama Couldn't Wait: His New Christmas Tree Tax

To pay for the new Federal Christmas tree image improvement and marketing program, the Department of Agriculture imposed a 15-cent fee on all sales of fresh Christmas trees by sellers of more than 500 trees per year (7 CFR 1214.52). And, of course, the Christmas tree sellers are free to pass along the 15-cent Federal fee to consumers who buy their Christmas trees.

On a brighter note, at least the economy is saved.

you really can't make shit this stupid up. fee free to defend it; i could use a laugh

"President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. The purpose of the Board is to run a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” (7 CFR 1214.46(n)). And the program of “information” is to include efforts to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States” (7 CFR 1214.10)."

because you know, without the government, no one would buy a christmas tree. :rofl:

Obama Couldn't Wait: His New Christmas Tree Tax

wtf?

They're just trying to sell us on a new tax. Putting lipstick on a pig if you will.

I think it's pretty lame, but whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

tax wouldnt apply.

Unlike Christians, Atheists do whatever the hell they want.
Not just what their religion tells them to do.

^ Note for the record that a self identified atheist considers his atheism a religion.

Today's pork checkoff is at work for pork producers. U.S. pork producers and importers pay $0.40 per $100 of value when pigs are sold and when pigs or pork products are brought into the United States.

Started in 1985 under Reagan.

About Pork Checkoff and the National Pork Board

Congress created the Beef Promotion and Research
Act, the “Beef Checkoff Program,” with passage of the
1985 Farm Bill. Producers approved making the Beef
Checkoff Program mandatory in 1988, with
79 percent voting in favor of it.
Producers asked that the checkoff program be built on
these tenets:
• All producers and importers pay the equivalent of
$1/head each and every time a beef animal is sold
throughout its lifetime.