Same day Registration Reinstated in Maine

Hey.. I am all for registering the morning of the election.. as long as you have photo ID proof of who you are, where you live, etc

You're obviously a big city fella. I personally know EVERY election judge in my precinct and they KNOW where I live. They wouldn't dare or need to ask me for my photo ID. And if they refused the neighborhood grandma (that they all know too) the right to vote because she didn't have a photo ID there would be HELL to pay.

Hey.. I am all for registering the morning of the election.. as long as you have photo ID proof of who you are, where you live, etc

You're obviously a big city fella. I personally know EVERY election judge in my precinct and they KNOW where I live. They wouldn't dare or need to ask me for my photo ID. And if they refused the neighborhood grandma (that they all know too) the right to vote because she didn't have a photo ID there would be HELL to pay.

Nope... small town of less than 300 houses... been here 12 years... and I show my ID every election.. and they know who I am too

Next bullshit assumption from you is???

Nope... small town of less than 300 houses... been here 12 years... and I show my ID every election.. and they know who I am too

i've never had to show an id to vote, ever. small town, 20,000 people been here, well, a long time. :D

the old law in maine was 2 days as opposed to same day, and it was on the honor system, whatever that means.

now that i think of it, the first time i ever voted was in maine, 1972.

they didn't ask me for an id then, iirc.

Then that tells me that there's a REASON they require YOU to produce an ID.

Moron.

Moron.

Really?? And that would be?? I am just waiting for this next bullshit assumption

i've never had to show an id to vote, ever. small town, 20,000 people been here, well, a long time. :D

the old law in maine was 2 days as opposed to same day, and it was on the honor system, whatever that means.

now that i think of it, the first time i ever voted was in maine, 1972.
they didn't ask me for an id then, iirc.

I did not have to living in PA when in the Army... but here, we pull out or issued registration card and our license

Yeah I live in a small town too--I can walk in say high to 3 election judges I know--and they refer to me by my name--BUT--if I don't show them a photo I.D--they'll tell me to go home and get it. No I.D.--No Ballot.

Moron.

Really?? And that would be?? I am just waiting for this next bullshit assumption

No assumption. Just trying to figure out WHY you would bother showing your ID at all.

You do not need to have your voter ID card with you in order to vote.

Voting in Maryland - How to Vote in Maryland - Voter Registration in Maryland - Where to Vote in Maryland

Maryland Attorney General

I can just see you proudly handing your photo ID to the election judge that probably changed your diapers when you were a baby. And I can see that election judge and the people behind you thinking, "What is Davey doing? That boy never was quite right in the head."

So if you're from Maryland and really live in a small town of 300 people for 12 years I'm calling bullshit that you even show an ID.

The citizens of Maine on Tuesday repealed a recently passed law requiring voters to enroll at least two days before an election.

With more than three-quarters of the state’s precincts reporting, 60 percent of voters had rejected the law, according to the Bangor Daily News.

The GOP was trounced yesterday.

Forum List

Back