obama

then your friend is an extreme wimp.:lol::lol:

there are a multitude of people who would gladly take his union job(that whole better pay and benefits thing) he would be hardly missed if he were to leave and nobody would try to force him to stay, that's just ridiculous.

He is not my friend, just a guy I was talking to at work yesterday. I do not know him from adam, but he was adorned with all this union crap, jacket, hat,pins..he looked like a walking advertisement for a pixie question, so I asked him what the union has done for him, he said take his money, so that he can keep his job to provide for his family

I would say he has gotten used to being a union guy. People resist change. Especially if that is the only job they have ever had.

But I do have a friend who says her life was ruined by unions. She said they used mob like tactics to get what they wanted from her, and steal away her benefits that she counted on for years

Plus, I am a coal miners daughter, so I have seen first hand what a union can do

ok so this guy was wearing all kinds of union clothing but he wound up being anti union? really? really? sounds kind of fishy to me.

NO shit. I don't think "Pixie" got the joke. Or he might have been dead serious when he said "take his money, so that he can keep his job to provide for his family" and Pixi interpreted that as a criticism when he might have meant it was a relief.

I've never worked for a union and I've been able to raise three children buy and sell thousands of acres of land, bought two houses, numerous cars and trucks, livestock, ranching equipment and I currently make 165 grand a year. All done without having to work a union job. So which union are you a member of?

Well aren't you special. What if you had been handed a life of squalor instead? Raised in third generation poverty in some ghetto? Pehaps you would have been as successful, but the odds say you would not, and you would have jumped at an opportunity for a union job. Get real.

I quit school at 15 and moved out on my own, I was sent to prison at 17 (spent nearly three years on a five year sentence), upon my release I found work at various ranches until I met Red Adair and he hired me for his international well control company. I spent the next twenty years working in that profession and the rest, as they say, is history.

I started out with nothing, everything I own was paid for by hard work. I was never given a dime.

Ah, Red Adair. That explains it. Nope, sorry little buddy, but not everyone who gets released from prison lands a job working for that dude or is even given the opportunity to clean toilets on old Route 66. Yet you assume it's just laziness if they can't. You're so dilusional, it's actually quite shocking.

Or perhaps you can't make up a lie fast enough.

or perhaps you are out mating with the horses on your ranch.

Damn you ARE ten!!

Well nancy, if you start talking about how good unions are without ever having been a union member that makes you a fucking moron. And the fact that you are clearly losing all your arguments in this thread it stands to reason that you would succumb to hurling insults. You really should try (at least once) giving an honest answer to questions posed to you. You brag about unions, but refuse to tell us your personal experience (if any) with unions and how you came to the conclusion that they are a good thing. I surmise you never belonged to a union that's why you refuse to answer honestly.

I patiently await your next childish insult.

poor baby can toss insults out but cries when he gets them in return, I belong to a very good union but like already stated there is some personal info I will not reveal to the likes of you.

I've never worked for a union and I've been able to raise three children buy and sell thousands of acres of land, bought two houses, numerous cars and trucks, livestock, ranching equipment and I currently make 165 grand a year. All done without having to work a union job. So which union are you a member of?

Well aren't you special. What if you had been handed a life of squalor instead? Raised in third generation poverty in some ghetto? Pehaps you would have been as successful, but the odds say you would not, and you would have jumped at an opportunity for a union job. Get real.

I quit school at 15 and moved out on my own, I was sent to prison at 17 (spent nearly three years on a five year sentence), upon my release I found work at various ranches until I met Red Adair and he hired me for his international well control company. I spent the next twenty years working in that profession and the rest, as they say, is history.

I started out with nothing, everything I own was paid for by hard work. I was never given a dime.

sounds like Red Adair gave you a shot, very lucky for you, most people wouldnt give an ex con that kind of an opportunity.

well good for you, not everybody can have a ranch.

And why can't they? All it takes is hard work and dedication.

Hard work doing what? And where? What if someone has five children and a sick wife? What if he never completed his high school education or had time to get a GED because he was supporting his mother and father and had to work? What if he lost a hand in some occupational accident and was severely restricted from "hard" work?

You make it sound as though everyone in the world had the same life and opportunities as you. I think you need to get off your "ranch" more, because there's a whole 'nuther world out there, fella, outside the confines of your little Shangri-La.

Oh my, looks like I hit a nerve. I'm sorry your husband is a dead beat and you have five hungry mouths to feed, if you want my advice, get your lazy ass off the computer and find a job! You're obviously not that sick. Are or you? I know a mechanic that only has one arm, and he's very successful and good at what he does. You liberial idiots never cease to find excuse after excuse to sit on your lazy asses and do nothing. Yes my home is a "Shangri-la" because I made it that way through hard work and perseverance.

Ah, Red Adair. That explains it. Nope, sorry little buddy, but not everyone who gets released from prison lands a job working for that dude or is even given the opportunity to clean toilets on old Route 66. Yet you assume it's just laziness if they can't. You're so dilusional, it's actually quite shocking.

It is laziness or the lack of willpower, there is work everywhere, you just have to go find it.

or perhaps you are out mating with the horses on your ranch.

Damn you ARE ten!!

Well nancy, if you start talking about how good unions are without ever having been a union member that makes you a fucking moron. And the fact that you are clearly losing all your arguments in this thread it stands to reason that you would succumb to hurling insults. You really should try (at least once) giving an honest answer to questions posed to you. You brag about unions, but refuse to tell us your personal experience (if any) with unions and how you came to the conclusion that they are a good thing. I surmise you never belonged to a union that's why you refuse to answer honestly.

poor baby can toss insults out but cries when he gets them in return, I belong to a very good union but like already stated there is some personal info I will not reveal to the likes of you.

Nope you're a liar. You haven't ever worked for a union. I bet a dime to a dollar you're unemployed right now.

sounds like Red Adair gave you a shot, very lucky for you, most people wouldnt give an ex con that kind of an opportunity.

Yes he did, but under the circumstances for which I was arrested, he understood where my heart was. Oh, FTR I was arrested for aggravated assault with intent.

Damn you ARE ten!!

Nope you're a liar. You haven't ever worked for a union. I bet a dime to a dollar you're unemployed right now.

look at this the convict is judging the honesty of others:lol:

Yes he did, but under the circumstances for which I was arrested, he understood where my heart was. Oh, FTR I was arrested for aggravated assault with intent.

a convict is a convict, he should have gave the shot to an honorable person, say a veteran, instead of some one who broke the law and went to prison.

look at this the convict is judging the honesty of others:lol:

Not only are you a liar, but you're also narrow-minded. And here I thought you libidiots were all about tolerance and exceptance.

a convict is a convict, he should have gave the shot to an honorable person, say a veteran, instead of some one who broke the law and went to prison.

I was granted a full pardon and had my records expunged thanks to Governor Mark White.

I was granted a full pardon and had my records expunged thanks to Governor Mark White.

you lie

Unions were started because large companies could pay any wage they wanted. They fucked over the workers and unions came about.

Today, we are again in an age where corporations/facists will soon own the US again. Without unions or any protection forget a living wage, health care or any other rights.

No one said you have to be in a union to be successful. You can sell acres and acres and do different jobs and make a lot of money, but that is no argument of any validity that unions are not needed.

When a small group of people control all the power, then the working class will again take it up the butt like we did in the past.

Unions are the only way a large group of workers can get any parity with a small number of owners.

If we truly had more morality based owners/corporations, we wouldn't need unions, but we don't. The guiding principle to too many today is greed and greed alone.

Unions were started because large companies could pay any wage they wanted. They fucked over the workers and unions came about.

Today, we are again in an age where corporations/facists will soon own the US again. Without unions or any protection forget a living wage, health care or any other rights.

No one said you have to be in a union to be successful. You can sell acres and acres and do different jobs and make a lot of money, but that is no argument of any validity that unions are not needed.

When a small group of people control all the power, then the working class will again take it up the butt like we did in the past.

Unions are the only way a large group of workers can get any parity with a small number of owners.

If we truly had more morality based owners/corporations, we wouldn't need unions, but we don't. The guiding principle to too many today is greed and greed alone.

Two problems with unions:

Anti-competitiveness. The Socialstudieshelp.com website suggests that, "unions. are victims of their own success. Unions raised their wages substantially above the wages paid to non-union workers. Therefore, many union-made products have become so expensive that sales were lost to less expensive foreign competitors and non-union producers."

A decline in the value of merit. In many union settings, workers can't advance much or at all on their merits, but must generally progress within the limits defined by union contracts. Employers may have trouble weeding out ineffective employees if they belong to unions. In theory, at least, unionized workers might become so comfortable and protected that they lose the incentive to work hard for their employer. And outstanding employees might lose their get-up-and-go if there's no incentive to excel -- or worse, if they're pressured by the union to not go the extra mile.

so your saying when china owns all american companies their going to pay you big buck and not send the work to taiwan. oh i forgot theres a zillion illegals right here to take your place.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back