Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary Says He Will Never Invest in New York after Trump Verdict

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
NY, and especially NYC, won't be happy until they've chased all business investment out of town.

Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary said Monday he will no longer invest in New York in response to a $355 million judgment issued against former president Donald Trump in a state court last week.

New York judge Arthur Engoron ordered Trump to pay the massive sum for conspiring, the court ruled, to alter his net worth to receive tax and insurance benefits. The order also prevents Trump from doing business in New York for three years. The decision was the conclusion of a months-long civil fraud trial that New York attorney general Letitia James brought against the former president, the Trump organization, and his executives.

New York is at least one of the biggest business hubs in the world, if not the biggest. O'Leary is certainly richer than me, but his part of the businss conducted in NY is only a tiny percentage of transactions conducted there. Loss of his tiny amount won't even be noticed.

Meanwhile... there is this... yeah, NYC will survive.

$1 Billion Donation Will Provide Free Tuition at a Bronx Medical School

Ruth Gottesman, a longtime professor at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is making free tuition available to all students going forward.

The fortune came from her late husband, David Gottesman, known as Sandy, who was a protégé of Warren Buffett and had made an early investment in Berkshire Hathaway, the conglomerate Mr. Buffett built.

The donation is notable not only for its staggering size, but also because it is going to a medical institution in the Bronx, the city’s poorest borough. The Bronx has a high rate of premature deaths and ranks as the unhealthiest county in New York. Over the past generation, a number of billionaires have given hundreds of millions of dollars to better-known medical schools and hospitals in Manhattan, the city’s wealthiest borough.

giphy.gif

I am sure that will bring NY to its knees

How about $1 trillion? Yes, that's T-R-I-L-L-I-O-N with a 'T'.

“It’s really death by a thousand cuts in New York State. What we see is fees, taxes, surcharges on just about everything and overtime that adds up right? And then you look at what your competition is doing in another state and you say ‘You know what I’m at a competitive disadvantage being here in New York; if I relocate you get to keep more of what you earn, more what you worked for,'” said Wilcox.

158 companies flee NY along with $1T, experts react​

ALBANY, N.Y. (WTEN) — With an uptick of New Yorkers leaving the state, businesses are also leaving, according to a report by Bloomberg. Many of them are heading to Florida or Tennessee.

“We see these firms going to lower cost states, the same as we see New Yorkers going to lower cost states,” said Justin Wilcox, Executive Director of Upstate United.

158 companies managing almost a trillion dollars in assets have left New York, however experts say the city still remains a global industry leader. Wilcox said he exodus is directly related to policies coming out of the legislature.

New York is at least one of the biggest business hubs in the world, if not the biggest. O'Leary is certainly richer than me, but his part of the businss conducted in NY is only a tiny percentage of transactions conducted there. Loss of his tiny amount won't even be noticed.
thats what budlight thought,,

Forum List

Back