"D.C. residents and business owners are under siege"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Gee, anyone care to guess where 95% of the problem lies?
Looks like the defund the police crowd are getting apparently what they wish for. If you're planning a vacation, why would anyone want to come to a place brimming with street crime?

Washington, DC, Police Union set to declare city crime a 'crisis' in House hearing as staffing continues to decline​

The Washington, D.C., Police Union is set to declare a "crisis" during its testimony at a hearing before lawmakers on Capitol Hill Thursday. The hearing, which will focus on the impact of crime in Washington on Congressional operations and visitors, comes a little over a week after the city passed a bill aimed at curbing crime in the nation's Capital.

Although violent crime is down 17% compared to the same time last year, crime was up significantly in 2023, especially in Ward 6, which includes Capitol Hill. The ward experienced "a 188% increase in homicides, a 66% increase in robberies, a 42% increase in sex assaults, a 57% increase in carjackings, and a 44% increase in violent crime" last year, according to planned testimony from Gregg Pemberton, Chairman of the D.C. Police Union, and obtained by ABC News.

There is no such word as "crisis" in democrat speak.
We rarely disagree on these things but I have to this time. :) 'Crisis' is a huge word in Democrat speak as several are famous for saying "No crisis should go to waste." Winston Churchill apparently coined the phrase in their struggles to form the United Nations. Rahm Emmanuel used it re Obama administration policies. Pelosi et al used it to spend massive dollars and override elections laws when COVID showed up in 2020. I'm sure the concept came into play to pass that obscene trillion plus spending bill to avoid the 'crisis' of the government shutting down.

But in fairness to you, those things that most citizens consider 'crisis' level problems i.e. rampant crime, the border being overrun by millions of illegals and such the Democrats will never phrase as 'crisis.'

It seems that the liberal mainstream media is in partnership with the criminal element throughout the U.S. The media generally downplays criminal activity except when the victims are a protected segment of society or the alleged perpetrators are republicans.

Gee, anyone care to guess where 95% of the problem lies?
Looks like the defund the police crowd are getting apparently what they wish for. If you're planning a vacation, why would anyone want to come to a place brimming with street crime?

Washington, DC, Police Union set to declare city crime a 'crisis' in House hearing as staffing continues to decline​

Man ... if I didn't know better, I'd think we're talking about some backward, uncivilized, third-world jungle community deep in the continent of Africa.

Forum List

Back