Obama Skips D-Day, Celebrates Ford's Theater Instead

I thought Bill Clinton was the first black president.

Toni Morrison said so.

Bo, you really do need help. Are you hearing little voices in your head too? Once, not too long ago, you actually made some sense. Now you sound like just another dingbat.

And yet another example of a lefty who can't hold Obama accountable for his actions and must Blame BOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.

I've a question, be honest. If he actually decided to "properly" celebrate today, would you be pleased by it, or would you complain that he wasn't doing enough to handle the country's problems?

I'm with Coyote and ConHog, this isn't news, or really that important.

I'd be quite happy to see Obama act like a decent president and show some proper leadership.

If it's not important to you, then feel free to ignore this thread.

Again, another broad, blanket statement having absolutely no meaning. When you don't cite examples, you simply look like a true hack.

I've cited examples - as have many others here on the board. You just reject them out of hand in a kneejerk response worthy of a brainwashed appatchik.

It is the proper role of the POTUS to mark significant points in the nation's history. That's the ceremonial part of being the head of state. In Britain, you can send the Queen to do such things because the PM is the head of government and the Queen the head of state. In the US the offices are joined.

While in this case, it wasn't like it was 50th anniversary, it still needed to be marked by some official recognition. He didn't do Memorial Day here, the least he could have done was D-Day. It didn't need to be a big deal, but some official remembrance was called for. Is it an Epic Fail, no. It's relatively minor in the vast scheme of things, but it is being noted that his record on this kind of stuff sucks and is continuing to suck unabated.

That is what it is. You just throw it in the mix with the rest of what he does and you come up with what you think of him and his performance. This kind of stuff is worth about 15% of his grade.

If you haven't figured out by now that Obama is so far in over his head that it's pathetic, well, then shame on you... he's like a little child always in search of a diversion to keep him removed from reality.

Oh no - it's the end of the world! Yet another tremendous Obama flubber! Shameful!

Oh wait. Didn't Obama deliver speech in Normandy for D-Day in 2009?

But...he's NOT COMMERATING 2010!

Fire him.

Can we retroactively ream Bush a new asshole for not celebrating every D-Day (I can find any rightwing outrage from then, perhaps y'all can manufacture some?) I believe he only commemerated it in '01 and 04....rest of the years, he spent in meetings and, once at a concert (how dare he!).

Wonder what Clinton did?

He shouldda went to Arlington. Ya know? :razz:

He is the CiC and has never used the word voctory when discussing the wars and has rarely shown anything other than "acknowledgement" as it pertains to the military that he commands.

So who gives a shit?

The military for one.

....but, where's all the shit for past presidential lapses if this is so gosh-darned critical?

Becuuase it is a pattern.

No president will be error free. Obama has 15 months of quite obviously not thinking very highly of Americas praise for the military. Any example of where he HAS praised the militrary without the exception of refering to them as CORPSE-man.

It truly disgusts me that that mispronunciation is ALL that you remember, or paid any attention to.

West Point Commencement:
Text of Obama's Speech to West Point 2010 Cadets - CBS News

West Point to announce Afghanistan/Pakistan strategy:
Transcript of President Obama's speech at West Point - News - Stripes

Obama constantly remarks about his pride in the accomplishments of our all VOLUNTEER military in hundreds of statements and speeches, with emphasis on the fact that they ARE "volunteers." Pay attention, soldier. You can hate your CiC, but there's really no need to lie about this.

Wow, is your disgust misplaced.

Just sayin'.

It truly disgusts me that that mispronunciation is ALL that you remember, or paid any attention to.

Well, considering he thinks there are 57 states, and that people from Michigan are "Michianers", and can't discern between a "corpse" and a "corps", and that he has referred to his "Muslim faith", and that he refers to his grandmother as a "typical white woman", etc.... it just kinda gets to the notion that he ain't that smart. Just say'n.

Maybe he's been busy learning how to speak "Austrian".

I guess their failure to get the masses riled over Memorial Day didn't teach them anything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, the fact that the masses dont get riled up about ANY of Obama's questionable decisions is what is concerning to many of us.

Huh? You'd need to define "the masses." The "masses" on the right have been on a mission to crucify Obama since January 21, 2009, and they have amassed giant tomes of information from which they pluck something juicy every day, in order to keep the herd riled up. Are you kidding? It's par for the course.

As for those "other" masses, those would be the ones who voted for him, who would have voted for ANY Democrat over any Republican candidate in 2008. Those "other" masses were sick and tired of everything in America, on American terra firma, being ignored in favor of marching into unending wars dictated as necessary by neocon minds whose goal was always to "starve the beast." (Look it up.)

Well, considering he thinks there are 57 states, and that people from Michigan are "Michianers", and can't discern between a "corpse" and a "corps", and that he has referred to his "Muslim faith", and that he refers to his grandmother as a "typical white woman", etc.... it just kinda gets to the notion that he ain't that smart. Just say'n.

I have to say, that when the left spend 8 years ridiculing a guy for mis-speaking, then you don't have a right to say shit when the right gives it back to you with both barrels.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Google ignored D-Day yesterday too. Bing had a nice pic of the cemetery monument at Normandy though, gorgeous aerial shot. I switched to Bing a few months ago. Google's gone all leftish and invasive if you ask me. Creepy.

How do you "switch" from Google to Bing? It's either Google.com or Bing.com or added to your own menu. Is there anything else you idiots can make up that's "gone all leftish" on ya? How about that last beer that made you puke? Goddamned leftist warm beer? Go ahead. Some other moron will believe you, I'm sure! :lol:

Get over your cheap, adolescent, Tiger Beat crush on Barry already, will you? It's pathetic how affronted you are every time somebody notices that the guy's out partying instead of attending to his State duties.

I just pointed out that Google did it too, and if they hadn't already lost my patronage, they'd have lost it then. Because some people care about honoring the sacrifice of those who have given their last measure in service to this country. Some people will NEVER forget... unlike Barry who couldn't even remember it from last year. :rolleyes:

I guess their failure to get the masses riled over Memorial Day didn't teach them anything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh no one is riled, just taking and keeping notes to use come the next elections.

hope you're rolling on the floor laughing your ass off then.

Just make sure you're next candidate memorializes EVERY D-Day without fail (you've yet to have one).

Ok, now that we got that done with, what's the next celebratory outrage-du-jour? Shall I bring rotten tomatos? Tar and feathers? Duct tape and baling wire? Or...just some sparklers and confetti?

Imagine their shock if a Republican does become president in 2012, and they get it shoved right back full barrel that they can't be blaming ex-president Obama for everything, nor comparing the new president to the old.

Hey! I heard the Obama girls might wear matching shoes...some day...maybe!

There! That ranks right up there with the "news" in this thread. :cool:

OH gawd, don't start on the Obama girls please. Last week they were already giggling over their clothing--dress like the po' folk from Chicago, etc. In reality, they are adolescents who pick up on the same "style" of studied sloppiness made famous by the in crowd, but hey, the Obama girls are different. To the right wing flame throwers, those kids are fair game.

Imagine their shock if a Republican does become president in 2012, and they get it shoved right back full barrel that they can't be blaming ex-president Obama for everything, nor comparing the new president to the old.

If the next GOP president's homeland security department declares returning veterans to be a terrorist threat while treating Islamic terrorists as mirandized criminals, then perhaps you'll have a valid comparison.

The overarching issue here is the President's role as CIC. Does he show enough support and respect for the military? If Obama had an established pattern of supporting the military (and were spending the day on BP response), the D-Day lapse would not be of much concern. But as he chose to film a TV special instead, after a long period of vacations and parties during a national crisis, it is just one more example of his poor judgment, values, and leadership abilities.

It doesn't matter what Bush, Clinton, Daddy Bush, Reagan, Carter...... did

Obama is the only one accountable to the right wing.

And anyone left of center right sees Obama as the perfect president and every error is fine by them.

Pathetic.

Some people would prefer to criticize over more than just the lack of a PR stunt. Policy decisions, the validity of his congressional appointments, stuff like that.

His economic team, his chief of staff, Nancy Pelosi...etc. But that's not nearly as "fun" as shit like this.

Here's what the imposter doesn't grok: those of us who critique Obama do not do so just to "rile up the masses". I don't need to travel in a pack to have a valid opinion. If others don't think the president neglecting to do something as simple as having the White House staff issue a statement acknowledging the day, then bully for them (and you).

Considering that hundreds of WWII vets die each day, our opportunities to honor them while they are alive are quickly diminishing. I'd rather see our country say Thank You to them while they can still hear, see, or read it.

Your outrage would carry more weight if it were more evenly dispensed.

But it isn't.

So, that makes it more humerous then serious.

how foolish a statement.

When it was GOP President and a DEM majority in both houses, the GOP president got blamed for EVERYTHING.

Now it is a dem majority in both houses AND a dem president and you question the "evenness" of the criticism?

LMFAO...you guys are clueless.

When you stick to issues that count, your point is valid. But when you (you, specifically) seem to believe, and actually post that the only time Obama even mentioned the military was to refer to them as corpsmen, THAT kind of comment has zero to do with leadership or policy. It's pure hatred, because it's a lie.

Of course they are. All Obama Admin had to do was send out a simple press release commemorating the anniversary. Instead, the staff spend their time planning parties. It displays a lack of leadership, especially with the U.S. currently engaged in two wars.

For the past month, the entire administration has been focused on the biggest environmental catastrophe in history. Most adult thinkers would be a little more forgiving if someone dropped the ball by not issuing a fucking press release.

Forum List

Back