Obama Skips D-Day, Celebrates Ford's Theater Instead

Obama is the only president we have. There is no one else to hold accountable for his actions.

Let's see.....D-Day, June 6th 2008: what was our President doing?

June 6, 2008
President Bush Attends Swearing-In Ceremony for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Steve Preston
Fact sheet In Focus: Homeownership
President Bush Participates in Meeting on the People's Republic of China Earthquake Relief Efforts
Fact Sheet: A Clear Agenda for Overcoming Economic Challenges
President Bush Signs H.R. 1195 Into Law
Message to the Congress of the United States
Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Actions and Policies of Certain Members of the Government of Belarus and Other Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus
Flag Day and National Flag Week, 2008
Interview of the President by Christian Malar, France 3 TV
Interview of the President by Natasa Briski, POP TV, Slovenia
Interview of the President by Gianni Riotta, RAI TV, Italy

Oh. My. God. No mention of D-Day...nada...zip...and all kinds of zero motifs.

I searched, and...well....I can't find a single expression of outrage in these boards from June 6 2008 or anywhere around that time frame. None from you. None from anyone.

Do you suppose it's a conspiracy to wipe the boards clean of Substandard D-Day Presidential behavior?:eek:

Gee. Bush spent the day in a meeting on emergency relief efforts for victims of the Chinese Earthquake. Obama filmed a TV special with American Idol Kelly Clarkson.

Heh.

If Obama had spent the day actually doing something to Plug The Hole, then perhaps your comparison would be apt.

Oh ho - now the excuses fly! Heh.

Umm no, President Bush didn't spend "the day" in that meeting. He had time for a number of other things (excluding a mention of D-Day).

I also seriously doubt that Obama spent the entire filming a TV special either. Not that accuracy matters in the least on this thread.

So...are you saying you've actually found a candidate who promises to faithfully and without deviation commemorate every D-Day? I hope he (or she) has a record to support this noble endeavor. :)

Like I said, we are referring to a pattern with this President.

If you dont see it, shame on you for your partisanship.

No...I don't think it's me being partisan. I can fault him on any number of things, but I'm sorry - this simply isn't one of them.

Who is really being partisan?

Certainly not me. I am and have been referring to a disturbing pattern with this president. He has never used the word victory even though we are in 2 wars.
There is a pattern with this guy that is bothering me. I would like him to say something poisitive about our military.
Hell, learn how to pronounce Corpman...show you really care about your role as CiC.

Oh no one is riled, just taking and keeping notes to use come the next elections.

hope you're rolling on the floor laughing your ass off then.

Priceless.

Anyone who gives a rat's patooty about this was going to vote for Obama until....GASP! ... the dreaded Ford's Theater debacle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Noes!!!! :eek:

That's it. I'm done with the man. He's passe, past tense, finis. I am not voting for him ever again.

Of course! How could we? After going to Ford's theater! Oh the Humanity!!!!

Let's see.....D-Day, June 6th 2008: what was our President doing?

June 6, 2008
President Bush Attends Swearing-In Ceremony for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Steve Preston
Fact sheet In Focus: Homeownership
President Bush Participates in Meeting on the People's Republic of China Earthquake Relief Efforts
Fact Sheet: A Clear Agenda for Overcoming Economic Challenges
President Bush Signs H.R. 1195 Into Law
Message to the Congress of the United States
Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Actions and Policies of Certain Members of the Government of Belarus and Other Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus
Flag Day and National Flag Week, 2008
Interview of the President by Christian Malar, France 3 TV
Interview of the President by Natasa Briski, POP TV, Slovenia
Interview of the President by Gianni Riotta, RAI TV, Italy

Oh. My. God. No mention of D-Day...nada...zip...and all kinds of zero motifs.

I searched, and...well....I can't find a single expression of outrage in these boards from June 6 2008 or anywhere around that time frame. None from you. None from anyone.

Do you suppose it's a conspiracy to wipe the boards clean of Substandard D-Day Presidential behavior?:eek:

Gee. Bush spent the day in a meeting on emergency relief efforts for victims of the Chinese Earthquake. Obama filmed a TV special with American Idol Kelly Clarkson.

Heh.

If Obama had spent the day actually doing something to Plug The Hole, then perhaps your comparison would be apt.

Umm no, President Bush didn't spend "the day" in that meeting. He had time for a number of other things (excluding a mention of D-Day).

I also seriously doubt that Obama spent the entire filming a TV special either. Not that accuracy matters in the least on this thread.

Bub. I'm not the one who dragged BOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHH into this.

I'm perfectly copacetic with holding each president responsible for his own decisions and actions without throwing up everything done by his predecessors.

Obama is a shameful and pathetic excuse for a leader. How he spends his time is quite indicative of his lack of executive ability.

Like I said, we are referring to a pattern with this President.

If you dont see it, shame on you for your partisanship.

No...I don't think it's me being partisan. I can fault him on any number of things, but I'm sorry - this simply isn't one of them.

Certainly not me. I am and have been referring to a disturbing pattern with this president. He has never used the word victory even though we are in 2 wars.
There is a pattern with this guy that is bothering me. I would like him to say something poisitive about our military.
Hell, learn how to pronounce Corpman...show you really care about your role as CiC.

There again, is another example of a ridiculous criticism. How you pronounce Corpman.

Barack Obama praises troops, presses Hamid Karzai - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com -- Obama praises military. That's just the first one that came up. Sounds pretty positive to me. Partisan blinders anyone?

Victory is a word - one of many. And overused.

Heh.

Bub. I'm not the one who dragged BOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHH into this.

I'm perfectly copacetic with holding each president responsible for his own decisions and actions without throwing up everything done by his predecessors.

Obama is a shameful and pathetic excuse for a leader. How he spends his time is quite indicative of his lack of executive ability.

Nope. You're just the one intent on making excuses for the new and sudden outrage over D-Day commemeration. An outrage that did not exist before June 6, 2010.

Priceless.

Anyone who gives a rat's patooty about this was going to vote for Obama until....GASP! ... the dreaded Ford's Theater debacle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Noes!!!! :eek:

That's it. I'm done with the man. He's passe, past tense, finis. I am not voting for him ever again.

Of course! How could we? After going to Ford's theater! Oh the Humanity!!!!

Next thing you know, it'll be stealing candy from a baby - see if I'm not right. The noive:evil:

Yet more lame leadership from Obama.

Instead of commemorating the 66th Anniversary of D Day, Obama chose to celebrate July 4th at Ford's theater for a TV special.

President Obama is leading the country in two wars – three if you count the global war on terror – so you’d think he would be pretty focused on military matters. But not enough, apparently, to remember one of the bloodiest and most heroic days in U.S. military history.

Yesterday of course was the 66th anniversary of D-Day, when U.S. and British troops trudged gallantly onto beaches of Normandy under remorseless German fire – perhaps even more intense than that incurred by Secretary of State Clinton from Serb snipers in Bosnia.

But there was not a mention of the day by Obama; not even a press release or an eek on the White House blog.

Instead of commemorating June 6, the president PRETENDED it was July 4, heading over to Ford’s Theater to witness a performance, titled “America Celebrates July 4th at Ford’s Theatre.” The event was taped for broadcast to air, oddly, on July 2 on ABC.

“After all, it was exactly 234 years ago that a group of patriots — farmers and merchants, lawyers, physicians — pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to an improbable experiment called America,” Obama said...

Obama Fails to Commemorate D-Day | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

I would have said that this was unbelievable, but sadly, it is the expected MO from this Unpresidential President.

You are here almost constantly posting some tidbit that you mistakenly believe to be some awsomely incorrigible mistake by Obama that you gleefully add to the pile-on. Why? Don't you think Obama is already fully aware that he's going to be swimming upstream from now on anyway? You've become obsessed, and it's become sadly pathetic. You're beginning to look like someone so angry and full of revenge that you're in need of professional help.

This, like most of the other junk you copy from the virally obnoxious anti-Obama websites, is a non-issue, hardly worth discussion.

There again, is another example of a ridiculous criticism. How you pronounce Corpman.

Barack Obama praises troops, presses Hamid Karzai - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com -- Obama praises military. That's just the first one that came up. Sounds pretty positive to me. Partisan blinders anyone?

Quite obviously, you are not military.

A speech prepared by a pseechwriter and read word for word is not praise for the military. Sure, some in the public stare at him in awe when he readsa his speeches.

The military look at him as their leader in life and death.

The miltary WANT to hear the word victory.

We NEED to hear the word victory when we are recovering from losing a few of our men 24 hours earlier.

Nope. You are definately not military.

Nope. You're just the one intent on making excuses for the new and sudden outrage over D-Day commemeration. An outrage that did not exist before June 6, 2010.

Wrong-o, boy-o.

It's not sudden outrage. It's a long unfolding dismay that after nearly 18 months in office, Obama still doesn't get what it means to be president.

Wrong-o, boy-o.

It's not sudden outrage. It's a long unfolding dismay that after nearly 18 months in office, Obama still doesn't get what it means to be president.

Strange. I can find no D-Day outrage prior to June 6, 2010.

Methinks this is what they call "double standards" :D

Quite obviously, you are not military.

A speech prepared by a pseechwriter and read word for word is not praise for the military. Sure, some in the public stare at him in awe when he readsa his speeches.

The military look at him as their leader in life and death.

The miltary WANT to hear the word victory.

We NEED to hear the word victory when we are recovering from losing a few of our men 24 hours earlier.

Nope. You are definately not military.

I have never claimed to be.

I do, however claim to see a very definitive double standard at play. Minds are already made up and nothing Obama does will ever be "good enough".

Like I said - there's plenty of legitimate criticism on Obama. But this isn't. It's hypocritical and pathetic. And yes - the same can be said of much of what was levied at Bush, and for that matter at Clinton.

Politics is politics.

Oh no - it's the end of the world! Yet another tremendous Obama flubber! Shameful!

Oh wait. Didn't Obama deliver speech in Normandy for D-Day in 2009?

But...he's NOT COMMERATING 2010!

Fire him.

Can we retroactively ream Bush a new asshole for not celebrating every D-Day (I can find any rightwing outrage from then, perhaps y'all can manufacture some?) I believe he only commemerated it in '01 and 04....rest of the years, he spent in meetings and, once at a concert (how dare he!).

Wonder what Clinton did?

And yet another example of a lefty who can't hold Obama accountable for his actions and must Blame BOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.

Yessssssssssssssssss. You see the more you post "items" that your own idol was equally guilty, the more we will push back at you. There's plenty of real issues to disparage this president for, but people like you have gone far beyond normal ODS into full-blown OCD.

How a leader spends his time during a crisis is indicative of his priorities. Obama has shown a very dismal set of priorities during this oil spill crisis. It's telling and indicative - and he deserves to be held accountable.

Yessssssssssssssssss. You see the more you post "items" that your own idol was equally guilty, the more we will push back at you. There's plenty of real issues to disparage this president for, but people like you have gone far beyond normal ODS into full-blown OCD.

Bush is far from my idol. He made significant mistakes. Disrespecting the military is not one of them. Please feel free to start more Bush bashing threads of your own.

This thread is about holding Obama accountable for his own leadership decisions and actions. I doubt, however, that you are able to do that.

Who gives a shit either way?

He is the CiC and has never used the word voctory when discussing the wars and has rarely shown anything other than "acknowledgement" as it pertains to the military that he commands.

So who gives a shit?

The military for one.

Pardon ME for invoking Booooooooooooooosh again, but from 2006 onward, even the Bush Administration people chose not to use the word "victory" in Iraq (finally *getting it* that we were not at war with Iraq), and carefully chose instead the word "success."

Bush is far from my idol. He made significant mistakes. Disrespecting the military is not one of them. Please feel free to start more Bush bashing threads of your own.

This thread is about holding Obama accountable for his own leadership decisions and actions. I doubt, however, that you are able to do that.

yeah, bush was not conservative enough. bush was actually a liberal.:lol:

Oh no - it's the end of the world! Yet another tremendous Obama flubber! Shameful!

Fire him.

Can we retroactively ream Bush a new asshole for not celebrating every D-Day (I can find any rightwing outrage from then, perhaps y'all can manufacture some?) I believe he only commemerated it in '01 and 04....rest of the years, he spent in meetings and, once at a concert (how dare he!).

Wonder what Clinton did?

No, what it means is that he is not interested in celebrating something important to the WHOLE country. He's only interested in celebrating what is important to the black community. We can tell he's the first black guy in the WH..

Yeah, that's it. :cuckoo: Tell us, Elmer, how did you celebrate yesterday? (Elmer rushes off to blogsite to copy someone's personal experience...)

Fire him.

Wonder what Clinton did?

And yet another example of a lefty who can't hold Obama accountable for his actions and must Blame BOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.

I've a question, be honest. If he actually decided to "properly" celebrate today, would you be pleased by it, or would you complain that he wasn't doing enough to handle the country's problems?

I'm with Coyote and ConHog, this isn't news, or really that important.

They would have been saying he shoulda been down in the Gulf on the beach scooping up tarballs instead of some goddamned photo op on D-Day.

It really doesn't matter. Pick a day, any day, and they'll spend THEIR day yammering like little children over some insignificant moment.

Forum List

Back