Obama Skips D-Day, Celebrates Ford's Theater Instead

Obama is the only president we have. There is no one else to hold accountable for his actions.

It doesn't matter what Bush, Clinton, Daddy Bush, Reagan, Carter...... did

Obama is the only one accountable to the right wing.

And anyone left of center right sees Obama as the perfect president and every error is fine by them.

Pathetic.

Some people would prefer to criticize over more than just the lack of a PR stunt. Policy decisions, the validity of his congressional appointments, stuff like that.

And many of us do. We also like to evaluate chartacter of our President as well.
Sort of what Americans are supposed to do as it pertains to Presidents and their re-electibility.

We all know that congress has a stronger hand in legislation than the President. However, no one has a stronger hand on character of the president than the president himself.

Here's what the imposter doesn't grok: those of us who critique Obama do not do so just to "rile up the masses". I don't need to travel in a pack to have a valid opinion. If others don't think the president neglecting to do something as simple as having the White House staff issue a statement acknowledging the day, then bully for them (and you).

Considering that hundreds of WWII vets die each day, our opportunities to honor them while they are alive are quickly diminishing. I'd rather see our country say Thank You to them while they can still hear, see, or read it.

Your outrage would carry more weight if it were more evenly dispensed.

But it isn't.

So, that makes it more humerous then serious.

how foolish a statement.

When it was GOP President and a DEM majority in both houses, the GOP president got blamed for EVERYTHING.

Now it is a dem majority in both houses AND a dem president and you question the "evenness" of the criticism?

LMFAO...you guys are clueless.

Of course they are. All Obama Admin had to do was send out a simple press release commemorating the anniversary. Instead, the staff spend their time planning parties. It displays a lack of leadership, especially with the U.S. currently engaged in two wars.

Obama is the only president we have. There is no one else to hold accountable for his actions.

Let's see.....D-Day, June 6th 2008: what was our President doing?

June 6, 2008
President Bush Attends Swearing-In Ceremony for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Steve Preston
Fact sheet In Focus: Homeownership
President Bush Participates in Meeting on the People's Republic of China Earthquake Relief Efforts
Fact Sheet: A Clear Agenda for Overcoming Economic Challenges
President Bush Signs H.R. 1195 Into Law
Message to the Congress of the United States
Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Actions and Policies of Certain Members of the Government of Belarus and Other Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus
Flag Day and National Flag Week, 2008
Interview of the President by Christian Malar, France 3 TV
Interview of the President by Natasa Briski, POP TV, Slovenia
Interview of the President by Gianni Riotta, RAI TV, Italy

Oh. My. God. No mention of D-Day...nada...zip...and all kinds of zero motifs.

I searched, and...well....I can't find a single expression of outrage in these boards from June 6 2008 or anywhere around that time frame. None from you. None from anyone.

Do you suppose it's a conspiracy to wipe the boards clean of Substandard D-Day Presidential behavior?:eek:

I guess their failure to get the masses riled over Memorial Day didn't teach them anything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh no one is riled, just taking and keeping notes to use come the next elections.

hope you're rolling on the floor laughing your ass off then.

Priceless.

Anyone who gives a rat's patooty about this was going to vote for Obama until....GASP! ... the dreaded Ford's Theater debacle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Noes!!!! :eek:

And anyone left of center right sees Obama as the perfect president and every error is fine by them.

Pathetic.

Some people would prefer to criticize over more than just the lack of a PR stunt. Policy decisions, the validity of his congressional appointments, stuff like that.

And many of us do. We also like to evaluate chartacter of our President as well.
Sort of what Americans are supposed to do as it pertains to Presidents and their re-electibility.

We all know that congress has a stronger hand in legislation than the President. However, no one has a stronger hand on character of the president than the president himself.

Fair enough, but even if you wanted to judge his character, they must be better litmus tests and ways to judge him by. Especially since its been pointed out that rarely do presidents observe every special day or holiday, so what do you have to compare him to?

Here's what the imposter doesn't grok: those of us who critique Obama do not do so just to "rile up the masses". I don't need to travel in a pack to have a valid opinion. If others don't think the president neglecting to do something as simple as having the White House staff issue a statement acknowledging the day, then bully for them (and you).

Considering that hundreds of WWII vets die each day, our opportunities to honor them while they are alive are quickly diminishing. I'd rather see our country say Thank You to them while they can still hear, see, or read it.

But it isn't.

how foolish a statement.

When it was GOP President and a DEM majority in both houses, the GOP president got blamed for EVERYTHING.

Now it is a dem majority in both houses AND a dem president and you question the "evenness" of the criticism?

Of course he did. And the Pubs had sputtering red-faced honking fits left, right and center.

But, I don't recall Bush being attacked for anything quite this ridiculous. And irony of ironies...the right brought up Clinton for comparison every time they could.

Politics never changes :D

Google ignored D-Day yesterday too. Bing had a nice pic of the cemetery monument at Normandy though, gorgeous aerial shot. I switched to Bing a few months ago. Google's gone all leftish and invasive if you ask me. Creepy.

I guess their failure to get the masses riled over Memorial Day didn't teach them anything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh no one is riled, just taking and keeping notes to use come the next elections.

Priceless.

Anyone who gives a rat's patooty about this was going to vote for Obama until....GASP! ... the dreaded Ford's Theater debacle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Noes!!!! :eek:

That's it. I'm done with the man. He's passe, past tense, finis. I am not voting for him ever again.

But it isn't.

how foolish a statement.

Of course he did. And the Pubs had sputtering red-faced honking fits left, right and center.

But, I don't recall Bush being attacked for anything quite this ridiculous. And irony of ironies...the right brought up Clinton for comparison every time they could.

Bush was atatcked for not landing in NO after Katrina. He did a flyover as he did not want to clog up the airport who was already having issues and he did not want to clog the few roads that were not flooded with his motorcade.

And he got bashed for it.

Priceless.

That's it. I'm done with the man. He's passe, past tense, finis. I am not voting for him ever again.

hopefully you won't get the chance to.

how foolish a statement.

Bush was atatcked for not landing in NO after Katrina. He did a flyover as he did not want to clog up the airport who was already having issues and he did not want to clog the few roads that were not flooded with his motorcade.

And he got bashed for it.

There is a considerable difference between how a President acts when a major natural disaster hits our country (look at how President Johnson handled Betsy) and how a President does or does not commerate a historical event. The two aren't even in the same ballpark.

I'm sure there are some ridiculous things Bush was attacked for - one that comes to mind might be "kissing" the Saudi Prince (which is a perfectly normal and appropriate middle east greeting) - but your example is not a good one.

Last edited:
Priceless.

So...are you saying you've actually found a candidate who promises to faithfully and without deviation commemorate every D-Day? I hope he (or she) has a record to support this noble endeavor. :)

I used to think the Bush derangement syndrome from the left was bad.......until I saw the Obama derangement syndrome from the right. Take the high road for God's sake and quit stooping.

So...are you saying you've actually found a candidate who promises to faithfully and without deviation commemorate every D-Day? I hope he (or she) has a record to support this noble endeavor. :)

Like I said, we are referring to a pattern with this President.

If you dont see it, shame on you for your partisanship.

Let's see.....D-Day, June 6th 2008: what was our President doing?

June 6, 2008
President Bush Attends Swearing-In Ceremony for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Steve Preston
Fact sheet In Focus: Homeownership
President Bush Participates in Meeting on the People's Republic of China Earthquake Relief Efforts
Fact Sheet: A Clear Agenda for Overcoming Economic Challenges
President Bush Signs H.R. 1195 Into Law
Message to the Congress of the United States
Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Actions and Policies of Certain Members of the Government of Belarus and Other Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus
Flag Day and National Flag Week, 2008
Interview of the President by Christian Malar, France 3 TV
Interview of the President by Natasa Briski, POP TV, Slovenia
Interview of the President by Gianni Riotta, RAI TV, Italy

Oh. My. God. No mention of D-Day...nada...zip...and all kinds of zero motifs.

I searched, and...well....I can't find a single expression of outrage in these boards from June 6 2008 or anywhere around that time frame. None from you. None from anyone.

Do you suppose it's a conspiracy to wipe the boards clean of Substandard D-Day Presidential behavior?:eek:

Gee. Bush spent the day in a meeting on emergency relief efforts for victims of the Chinese Earthquake. Obama filmed a TV special with American Idol Kelly Clarkson.

Heh.

If Obama had spent the day actually doing something to Plug The Hole, then perhaps your comparison would be apt.

Google ignored D-Day yesterday too. Bing had a nice pic of the cemetery monument at Normandy though, gorgeous aerial shot. I switched to Bing a few months ago. Google's gone all leftish and invasive if you ask me. Creepy.

How do you "switch" from Google to Bing? It's either Google.com or Bing.com or added to your own menu. Is there anything else you idiots can make up that's "gone all leftish" on ya? How about that last beer that made you puke? Goddamned leftist warm beer? Go ahead. Some other moron will believe you, I'm sure! :lol:

Like I said, we are referring to a pattern with this President.

If you dont see it, shame on you for your partisanship.

No...I don't think it's me being partisan. I can fault him on any number of things, but I'm sorry - this simply isn't one of them.

Who is really being partisan?

How do you "switch" from Google to Bing? It's either Google.com or Bing.com or added to your own menu. Is there anything else you idiots can make up that's "gone all leftish" on ya? How about that last beer that made you puke? Goddamned leftist warm beer? Go ahead. Some other moron will believe you, I'm sure! :lol:

You have plenty of idiots on the left who want to blame everything on the right as well my dear. I don't see you chastising them. Gee wonder why not?

Forum List

Back