Obama Skips D-Day, Celebrates Ford's Theater Instead

His economic team, his chief of staff, Nancy Pelosi...etc. But that's not nearly as "fun" as shit like this.

We do discuss those topics. Take a look at the variety of threads in current events, politics, health care, economy etc. Obama is target rich for doing a lousy job on in many areas.

That was my point. So why start in on this topic? Did you ever once stop to THINK that probably two-thirds of the country was far more concerned about the oil crisis that may be an environmental hazard to the entire country for years to come and NOT concentrating on the soldiers who lost their lives on D-Day 66 years ago??????? I know I didn't give it a thought. Too much else going on in the news.

Exactly the reason the President needs to take a moment to focus the country on that day and cause us to remember. To provide focus and perspective. It didn't need to be a big dog and pony show. A short paragraph of remembrance would probably have done the job.

Imagine their shock if a Republican does become president in 2012, and they get it shoved right back full barrel that they can't be blaming ex-president Obama for everything, nor comparing the new president to the old.

They will anyways....as they still blame Clinton...and at times, even Carter as if there were no other presidents in between.

There really isn't enough blame heaped on Carter. He deserves more than he gets. But, on the bright side, at least we finally got to his second term. :eusa_whistle:

Wasn't his second term Reagan's? You know...Illegal Amnesty and Iran-Contra?

They will anyways....as they still blame Clinton...and at times, even Carter as if there were no other presidents in between.

There really isn't enough blame heaped on Carter. He deserves more than he gets. But, on the bright side, at least we finally got to his second term. :eusa_whistle:

Wasn't his second term Reagan's? You know...Illegal Amnesty and Iran-Contra?

I liked Iran-Contra. Completely in favor. I also liked arming and supplying both Iran and Iraq so they could keep killing each other as long as they wanted to. I blame the fact that we had to stop doing that on the short sighted Congressional Democrats. That nice bit of "gotcha" politics ended up by use having fight Iraq ourselves inside 3 years. Stupid.

You're right on the amnesty. Reagan never should have believed the Dems when they said they would take steps to enforce the border if he gave amnesty. Reagan was just to good of a guy to think that every Democrat was lying, snake in the grass just out for his own hide. But, in the intervening 20 years I think we've all been taught the abject lesson over and over again the the Dems just want all the power and control they can seize and will do Anything to get it and keep it.

Well, considering he thinks there are 57 states, and that people from Michigan are "Michianers", and can't discern between a "corpse" and a "corps", and that he has referred to his "Muslim faith", and that he refers to his grandmother as a "typical white woman", etc.... it just kinda gets to the notion that he ain't that smart. Just say'n.

I have to say, that when the left spend 8 years ridiculing a guy for mis-speaking, then you don't have a right to say shit when the right gives it back to you with both barrels.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

True, but that one 57-state thing is remembered over and over again, now a full two years after he said it? Come ON...

i guess you misunderestimate its shelf life.

of course, it could be part of their strategery

Oh no - it's the end of the world! Yet another tremendous Obama flubber! Shameful!

Oh wait. Didn't Obama deliver speech in Normandy for D-Day in 2009?

But...he's NOT COMMERATING 2010!

Fire him.

Can we retroactively ream Bush a new asshole for not celebrating every D-Day (I can find any rightwing outrage from then, perhaps y'all can manufacture some?) I believe he only commemerated it in '01 and 04....rest of the years, he spent in meetings and, once at a concert (how dare he!).

Wonder what Clinton did?

And yet another example of a lefty who can't hold Obama accountable for his actions and must Blame BOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.

And yet another right-wing hack starting a lame anti-Obama thread....

I can't because I don't respond to generalities. Why don't you start a new thread every day that just says I HATE OBAMA, and I'm sure all your buddies will leap to ^5 you. On the other hand, if you start a thread or participate in a thread where a serious issue is discussed, you know I'm there. With respect to this one, it's just silly and petty. Period.

Oh. I get it. You just can't handle any criticism of Obama's decisions, actions, and policies - and must attribute such as HATE. You forgot to call me a racist, btw. That's the usual script.

I can't because I don't respond to generalities. Why don't you start a new thread every day that just says I HATE OBAMA, and I'm sure all your buddies will leap to ^5 you. On the other hand, if you start a thread or participate in a thread where a serious issue is discussed, you know I'm there. With respect to this one, it's just silly and petty. Period.

Oh. I get it. You just can't handle any criticism of Obama's decisions, actions, and policies - and must attribute such as HATE. You forgot to call me a racist, btw. That's the usual script.

no, I think where you get (easily) confused is that you criticise him ad nauseum. He could find a cure for cancer, bring world peace and end world poverty and you'd criticise each and every one of those decisions.

You're just a partisan hack...period...

When he does something praiseworthy, I'll note that. Until then, he is getting critiqued.

I keep my word, unlike Obama.

:)

is that what we call faux outrage these days??? critiquing?

Considering how we are still hearing Obama blame every problem he faces on Bush - he is going to get critiqued until he sack's up and takes responsibility.

Instead, we see a dilletante in office who is slow to take action and more interested in campaigning and partying.

Considering how we are still hearing Obama blame every problem he faces on Bush - he is going to get critiqued until he sack's up and takes responsibility.

Instead, we see a dilletante in office who is slow to take action and more interested in campaigning and partying.

Not every problem, but some definitely. People have argued that Clinton is responsible for some of this stuff, as is Raygun. That aside, I do know this. ALL the shit that happened before Jan 20, 2009 was NOT Obama's fault, nor were some of the things he had to do.

Tell me, do you blame Bush for ANY of this mess?

What has Obama been slow to take action on?

so what you're saying is that because bush was an idiot, you're going to try to pretend obama is an idiot?

that's pretty goofy.

how about laying blame for the things bush did that are still having ramifications where they belong... on bush.

i don't believe that obama was slow responding... i think that's the rightwingnut meme.

the problem is the 'ihopehefails' crowd has been yapping like a bunch of noisy little chihuahuas since january 20, 2009.

Last edited:
I blame Bush for participating in spending programs which exacerbated the deficit. He also was a poor communicator regarding the War on Terror. Neither of these give Obama a pass.

He has already announced his campaign message of Blaming Bush Yet Again for the fall election cycle. It's unpresidential. I'll continue to call him on it until he stops.

so what you're saying is that because bush was an idiot, you're going to try to pretend obama is an idiot?

that's pretty goofy.

how about laying blame for the things bush did that are still having ramifications where they belong... on bush.

i don't believe that obama was slow responding... i think that's the rightwingnut meme.

Of course the Left is spreading a meme that Obama's team was on the job from Day One. If that were the case, why aren't the berms in place to protect the shore? Why is the leak Not Plugged?

The Day One garbage is spin. They dropped the ball - and now the ecology and the economy of the gulf are much worse disasters than they had to be.

But let's party and take vacations!

I blame Bush for participating in spending programs which exacerbated the deficit. He also was a poor communicator regarding the War on Terror. Neither of these give Obama a pass.

He has already announced his campaign message of Blaming Bush Yet Again for the fall election cycle. It's unpresidential. I'll continue to call him on it until he stops.

poor communicator on his pretend war of choice? like hell he was. he had judy miller putting their cherry picked intel into the ny times and bought his war of choice credibility.

participating in spending programs? how about being the only leader in the history of recorded time who cut taxes during wartime.

pulezze... you people are still yapping about bill clinton. and he hasn't been president since january 2001

Of course the Left is spreading a meme that Obama's team was on the job from Day One. If that were the case, why aren't the berms in place to protect the shore? Why is the leak Not Plugged?

The Day One garbage is spin. They dropped the ball - and now the ecology and the economy of the gulf are much worse disasters than they had to be.

But let's party and take vacations!

What? Are you turning into a corporate shill now? Now an oil spill is somehow Obama's fault? Isn't it BP's?

Yet more lame leadership from Obama.

Instead of commemorating the 66th Anniversary of D Day, Obama chose to celebrate July 4th at Ford's theater for a TV special.

President Obama is leading the country in two wars – three if you count the global war on terror – so you’d think he would be pretty focused on military matters. But not enough, apparently, to remember one of the bloodiest and most heroic days in U.S. military history.

Yesterday of course was the 66th anniversary of D-Day, when U.S. and British troops trudged gallantly onto beaches of Normandy under remorseless German fire – perhaps even more intense than that incurred by Secretary of State Clinton from Serb snipers in Bosnia.

But there was not a mention of the day by Obama; not even a press release or an eek on the White House blog.

Instead of commemorating June 6, the president PRETENDED it was July 4, heading over to Ford’s Theater to witness a performance, titled “America Celebrates July 4th at Ford’s Theatre.” The event was taped for broadcast to air, oddly, on July 2 on ABC.

“After all, it was exactly 234 years ago that a group of patriots — farmers and merchants, lawyers, physicians — pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to an improbable experiment called America,” Obama said...

Obama Fails to Commemorate D-Day | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

I would have said that this was unbelievable, but sadly, it is the expected MO from this Unpresidential President.

oops, I think that the Second Ammendmenters have the same night booked at Fords?

Forum List

Back