Obama Skips D-Day, Celebrates Ford's Theater Instead

I thought Bill Clinton was the first black president.

Toni Morrison said so.

Oh no - it's the end of the world! Yet another tremendous Obama flubber! Shameful!

Oh wait. Didn't Obama deliver speech in Normandy for D-Day in 2009?

But...he's NOT COMMERATING 2010!

Fire him.

Can we retroactively ream Bush a new asshole for not celebrating every D-Day (I can find any rightwing outrage from then, perhaps y'all can manufacture some?) I believe he only commemerated it in '01 and 04....rest of the years, he spent in meetings and, once at a concert (how dare he!).

Wonder what Clinton did?

And yet another example of a lefty who can't hold Obama accountable for his actions and must Blame BOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.

I've a question, be honest. If he actually decided to "properly" celebrate today, would you be pleased by it, or would you complain that he wasn't doing enough to handle the country's problems?

I'm with Coyote and ConHog, this isn't news, or really that important.

I'd be quite happy to see Obama act like a decent president and show some proper leadership.

If it's not important to you, then feel free to ignore this thread.

Who gives a shit either way?

He is the CiC and has never used the word voctory when discussing the wars and has rarely shown anything other than "acknowledgement" as it pertains to the military that he commands.

So who gives a shit?

The military for one.

....but, where's all the shit for past presidential lapses if this is so gosh-darned critical?

Becuuase it is a pattern.

No president will be error free. Obama has 15 months of quite obviously not thinking very highly of Americas praise for the military. Any example of where he HAS praised the militrary without the exception of refering to them as CORPSE-man.

Oh no - it's the end of the world! Yet another tremendous Obama flubber! Shameful!

Oh wait. Didn't Obama deliver speech in Normandy for D-Day in 2009?

But...he's NOT COMMERATING 2010!

Fire him.

Can we retroactively ream Bush a new asshole for not celebrating every D-Day (I can find any rightwing outrage from then, perhaps y'all can manufacture some?) I believe he only commemerated it in '01 and 04....rest of the years, he spent in meetings and, once at a concert (how dare he!).

Wonder what Clinton did?

No, what it means is that he is not interested in celebrating something important to the WHOLE country. He's only interested in celebrating what is important to the black community. We can tell he's the first black guy in the WH..

Really? Hmmm....so....what does it signify when Bush celebrated D-Day by hosting a concert - a concert dedicated to celebrating Black Music Month? And no mention of D-Day?

oh the outrage of it all:lol:

...but, where's all the shit for past presidential lapses if this is so gosh-darned critical?

It is critical because it is making obama appear in a very bad light. And politically right now I don't think he can afford to look bad. He is loosing public opinion.

However if he doesn't care fine. I really don't give a shit.

I guess their failure to get the masses riled over Memorial Day didn't teach them anything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh no one is riled, just taking and keeping notes to use come the next elections.

hope you're rolling on the floor laughing your ass off then.

It doesn't matter what Bush, Clinton, Daddy Bush, Reagan, Carter...... did

Obama is the only one accountable to the right wing.

I guess their failure to get the masses riled over Memorial Day didn't teach them anything.

Actually, the fact that the masses dont get riled up about ANY of Obama's questionable decisions is what is concerning to many of us.

Here's what the imposter doesn't grok: those of us who critique Obama do not do so just to "rile up the masses". I don't need to travel in a pack to have a valid opinion. If others don't think the president neglecting to do something as simple as having the White House staff issue a statement acknowledging the day, then bully for them (and you).

Considering that hundreds of WWII vets die each day, our opportunities to honor them while they are alive are quickly diminishing. I'd rather see our country say Thank You to them while they can still hear, see, or read it.

Last edited:

And anyone left of center right sees Obama as the perfect president and every error is fine by them.

Pathetic.

Oh no one is riled, just taking and keeping notes to use come the next elections.

Just make sure you're next candidate memorializes EVERY D-Day without fail (you've yet to have one).

Ok, now that we got that done with, what's the next celebratory outrage-du-jour? Shall I bring rotten tomatos? Tar and feathers? Duct tape and baling wire? Or...just some sparklers and confetti?

feel sorry for bodeccer whydonchya? he's already living in a failed state. it can't get too much worse for him.. pity the pathetic. whydonchya?

Hey! I heard the Obama girls might wear matching shoes...some day...maybe!

There! That ranks right up there with the "news" in this thread. :cool:

And anyone left of center right sees Obama as the perfect president and every error is fine by them.

Pathetic.

Some people would prefer to criticize over more than just the lack of a PR stunt. Policy decisions, the validity of his congressional appointments, stuff like that.

Here's what the imposter doesn't grok: those of us who critique Obama do not do so just to "rile up the masses". I don't need to travel in a pack to have a valid opinion. If others don't think the president neglecting to do something as simple as having the White House staff issue a statement acknowledging the day, then bully for them (and you).

Considering that hundreds of WWII vets die each day, our opportunities to honor them while they are alive are quickly diminishing. I'd rather see our country say Thank You to them while they can still hear, see, or read it.

Your outrage would carry more weight if it were more evenly dispensed.

But it isn't.

So, that makes it more humerous then serious.

Forum List

Back