Obama says Ford Benefited from Bail outs of Competitors.

it's all about perception.

after trying to convince the american public that your $800 billion stimulus bill was a success despite employment going above what you said it would without it

now you're telling people that one of the reasons why ford (hte company who didn't take the bailout) is doing so well is because its less profitable competitors did take the bailout.

it's a completely valid argument, that unfortunately for obama, the american people just don't want to hear.

Ford isn't and wasn't profitable, just so you know.

Not according to CNN Money:
Ford: First profitable year since '05
Ford: First profitable year since '05 - Jan. 28, 2010

I hadn't seen the latest report, didn't know they turned a profit in this quarter, good for them.

I work at a dealership for one of the Big Three, not Ford. I hear people say they won't buy Chrysler or GM because they took bailout money. I think there is something to what he said.

there's alot to what he said... i live near the chrysler dealship in new london ct. closed even though it was a successful dealership. this in addition to pfizer pulling out after kelo.
family dealship in business for generations, shut down by the "dealerships for clunkers" program, just like in atlas shrugged. and i drive a cirrus.
this is just like the lemonade stand fiasco
I heard somewhere that the dealerships that were closed were closed at the admin. request because they were not in the right neiborhood, otherwise they were not catering to blacks. Don't shoot the messenger, that was just one report I read.

Of course I take him at his word. He agrees with Obama. And either your right and he has a stunning misunderstanding of business or he's the guy that did great at boing and turned ford around and you look like a fool.
I'll go with the proven guy who makes millions to run the best companies. But thanks
Agreeing with that lying obama only makes you an idiot.

I work at a dealership for one of the Big Three, not Ford. I hear people say they won't buy Chrysler or GM because they took bailout money. I think there is something to what he said.

there's alot to what he said... i live near the chrysler dealship in new london ct. closed even though it was a successful dealership. this in addition to pfizer pulling out after kelo.
family dealship in business for generations, shut down by the "dealerships for clunkers" program, just like in atlas shrugged. and i drive a cirrus.
I heard somewhere that the dealerships that were closed were closed at the admin. request because they were not in the right neiborhood, otherwise they were not catering to blacks. Don't shoot the messenger, that was just one report I read.

Many of the closed dealerships sold less than 35 units a year. That put them in rural areas, probably not in a typical urban setting of the black population. More of coincidence I think. Other dealerships were poorly capitalized, had low consumer satisfaction ratings, were located too close to another similar store or something political was going on.

The part that irritated me was the business owner didn't decide to exit the market, the manufacturer and government did. The excuse was it cost too much to support the dealer. Bull, we pay for EVERYTHING that the manufacturer supplies us.

The report you read was full of shit. The "Administration" didn't order any dealerships to close.

The report you read was full of shit. The "Administration" didn't order any dealerships to close.

Incorrect, then car czar Steve Rattner had the power and authority to close dealerships without consulting with either GM or CHrysler, in fact there is currently an investigation into the matter.

Is Obama closing GOP-leaning car dealers? | Washington Examiner

Lots of racist don't bother with facts. Conhog just punched himself talking shit about ford that he was clueless on.

Lots of racist don't bother with facts. Conhog just punched himself talking shit about ford that he was clueless on.

What are you babbling about? You do realize that I posted evidence that Obama was correct right?

Damn you are stupid.

You talked down your retard nose at someone that ford was not profitable. You were ignorant to the facts. Lol

You talked down your retard nose at someone that ford was not profitable. You were ignorant to the facts. Lol

You're a fucking idiot. He said Ford was and is profitable, I said no they weren't then and they aren't now . He provided evidence that they did indeed show a profit in the last quarter, I acknowledged that I hadn't seen the latest quarter and didn't know that they did show a profit for THAT quarter, and went about my business.

Acknowledging a mistake is a sign or intelligence. Note that you and the other half whit lefties NEVER do that, no matter what, that is a sign of stupidity.

How you got I'm racist out of my making a mistake, which I acknowledged, is beyond me.

You talked shit and slammed yourself history major.

Go ahead and post a quote of me talking shit to the poster who posted that Ford made a profit this quarter, or where I slammed myself. Fake MBA

Best and brightest get history degrees? Opps no, opposite
Best history majors are professors. Opps your fake army like bush the cheerleader.

Best and brightest get history degrees? Opps no, opposite
Best history majors are professors. Opps your fake army like bush the cheerleader.

LOL - In other words, you have nothing. As per your usual. Feel free to ask who seems educated and who doesn't between you and I.

Conhog was unaware of the information. Once informed, he corrected himself. A sign of being educated. Ignorance would be ignoring the facts once presented. This would be your area of enlightenment.

Incorrect, then car czar Steve Rattner had the power and authority to close dealerships without consulting with either GM or CHrysler, in fact there is currently an investigation into the matter.

Repeatedly been debunked. Try again.

snopes.com: Steve Rattner - Car Czar
FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: News Flash: Car Dealers are Republicans (It's Called a Control Group, People)

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: News Flash: Car Dealers are Republicans (It's Called a Control Group, People)

Is that you are truly dishonest, or that you just can't read? I made no claim that Rattner closed dealerships based on political reasons. Merely that he DID have the power to unilaterally close dealerships.

Unlike most of the morons on this site, I don't make a habit of stating opinions on things I don't know about , and so made no comment on the allegations because I simply don't know. I will say this though, there must be some evidence to suggest it's true or an investigation wouldn't be under way.

Is that you are truly dishonest, or that you just can't read? I made no claim that Rattner closed dealerships based on political reasons. Merely that he DID have the power to unilaterally close dealerships.

Unlike most of the morons on this site, I don't make a habit of stating opinions on things I don't know about , and so made no comment on the allegations because I simply don't know. I will say this though, there must be some evidence to suggest it's true or an investigation wouldn't be under way.

There is no investigation under way. There never was.

There is no investigation under way. There never was.

LOL - So you're just not even going to address the fact that you accused me of claiming something that I didn't claim?

And clearly several news organizations are investigating the story, and there are rumors aplenty of a government investigation as well. BUt that's doubtful since well you know the Dems control the government.

Forum List

Back