Average price of vehicles from Ford, General Motors and Stellantis will increase by $900 because of the new contract.

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Average price of vehicles from Ford, General Motors and Stellantis will increase by $900 because of the new contract.

Will you pay the higher price for a Ford, GM or Chrysler vehicles over vehicles built in non-unoin shops?

Will you pay the higher price for a Ford, GM or Chrysler vehicles over vehicles built in non-unoin shops?

I will never buy a new GM, Ford, or Chrysler vehicle, so no. They build garbage mobiles.

Nobody is forcing you to pay it. I'd never buy from a non union shop the cheapskates don't pay their workers.

I looked up the average price of a Ford F-150, and based on current inflation rate (3.7%) the price would go up by $1500. So the contract increase of $900 is actually BELOW inflation.

I will if I like the vehicle.

Given two vehicles that I like the same, I would spend 900 bucks extra to support union companies.

Why criticize the working class? They've been mistreated for decades, while the one percent has gained enormously.
Because they hate, no, abhorr average working people. There is no explanation. I hope they are deprived of a labor force some day. Then they'll really howl.

Because they hate, no, abhorr average working people. There is no explanation. I hope they are deprived of a labor force some day. Then they'll really howl.
They’re likely a member of the working class. It’s some kind of self hatred implanted via right wing propaganda.

And their SALES will DROP in proportion to that price hike.

The higher the price, the lower the sale$.

Awww, fuckups will have to buy Ghina rice trucks for 90K

New car prices are already disgraceful. These workers soon will not be able to purchase their own product.

Anyone priced a new F350 diesel lately?

The other day, I noticed on a Cadillac lot a nearly new but used Escalade. It was priced at $109,000. Probably repo'd once the owners started paying those $1200.00 a month payments!

Honestly I don't think there will be a bonanza in either EV/internal combustion rigs in sales for the vehicle manufacturers in the near future. RV's like new 9' self contained over cab campers are @ about 50K-75K without taxes added on. Look for a SLOW year for both the RV/vehicle sales.

I will never buy a new GM, Ford, or Chrysler vehicle, so no. They build garbage mobiles.

I'll never buy a new car period.

These days pretty much every single one of em I see on the road looks identical...

NPC.jpg

I buy a new f150 every 3 years. My last trade in had 11 thousand some miles. Will be buying a new one in near future.

Don't blame the workers for price increases. After years of record profits, that all went to the top managers, the workers finally got the raise that they have deserved for a long time. If you want to blame someone, blame the greedy bastards at the top.

The vast majority of us are part of the working class.

And the working class, myself included, want higher wages but no inflation.

We want to support US manufacturing but need to consider the lowest price, which is often not made in the US, to meet budgets.

We all want our cake and eat it too.

It is a tough dilemma. Too often we want to blame others for the dilemma but we need to realize it is a fact of life. Who do you blame?

Don't blame the workers for price increases. After years of record profits, that all went to the top managers, the workers finally got the raise that they have deserved for a long time. If you want to blame someone, blame the greedy bastards at the top.
Always looking for someone to blame. They may have some to do with it but we need to take into considerations that our desire for higher wages and lower costs is contradictory.
If you don't like big corporations that are lining their pockest, search for small manufacturere without large mangement salaries. You can't do that with cars but you can do it with many products.

Those workers also took pay cuts over the years.

Forum List

Back