Obama says Ford Benefited from Bail outs of Competitors.

I heard the president talking about this. He said Ford would tell you they benefited.

Are they denying it? Is Ford contradicting the president?

No Ford won't contradict this. It is a fact.

In fact , when the bailout talks were going on, why do you think Alan Mullaly, the President of Ford, attended the hearings even though his company neither needed, nor wanted any bailout money?

Simple, He argued that his company would go under if GM and CHrysler folded. Why you ask? Because many of the companies that supply Ford also supply GM and Chrysler, but without the volume of at least 2 of the 3 they would have gone out of business. if enough of the smaller suppliers went out of business, or even some of the key ones, Ford would have been unable to build any cars, regardless of how much money they did or didn't have. Mullaley's exact testimony was that saving GM was the ONLY way to assure that Ford didn't go down the drain as well.

Sorry, some of you conservatives just have this flat wrong. Although I'm sure some of the libs who were giggling had no idea of how Ford benefited.

nice try.... must...have....kool....aid..

Oops, sad day for you, Gomer:

Ford CEO's testimony to Congress:

Despite the serious global economic downturn, Ford does not anticipate a liquidity crisis in 2009 – barring a bankruptcy by one of our domestic competitors or a more severe economic downturn that would further cripple automotive sales and create additional cash challenges.

In particular, the collapse of one or both of our domestic competitors would threaten Ford because we have 80 percent overlap in supplier networks and nearly 25 percent of Ford's top dealers also own GM and Chrysler franchises.

The impact of a bankruptcy also reaches beyond Ford and the U.S. auto industry. It would cause further stress to our domestic banking industry and private retirement systems. Goldman Sachs estimates the impact at up to $1 trillion

Written Testimony of Alan R. Mulally, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ford Motor Company | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

Go take some lessons in adult debating, Gome.

lol

In fact , when the bailout talks were going on, why do you think Alan Mullaly, the President of Ford, attended the hearings even though his company neither needed, nor wanted any bailout money?

Simple, He argued that his company would go under if GM and CHrysler folded. Why you ask? Because many of the companies that supply Ford also supply GM and Chrysler, but without the volume of at least 2 of the 3 they would have gone out of business. if enough of the smaller suppliers went out of business, or even some of the key ones, Ford would have been unable to build any cars, regardless of how much money they did or didn't have. Mullaley's exact testimony was that saving GM was the ONLY way to assure that Ford didn't go down the drain as well.

Sorry, some of you conservatives just have this flat wrong. Although I'm sure some of the libs who were giggling had no idea of how Ford benefited.

nice try.... must...have....kool....aid..

Oops, sad day for you, Gomer:

Ford CEO's testimony to Congress:

Despite the serious global economic downturn, Ford does not anticipate a liquidity crisis in 2009 – barring a bankruptcy by one of our domestic competitors or a more severe economic downturn that would further cripple automotive sales and create additional cash challenges.

In particular, the collapse of one or both of our domestic competitors would threaten Ford because we have 80 percent overlap in supplier networks and nearly 25 percent of Ford's top dealers also own GM and Chrysler franchises.

The impact of a bankruptcy also reaches beyond Ford and the U.S. auto industry. It would cause further stress to our domestic banking industry and private retirement systems. Goldman Sachs estimates the impact at up to $1 trillion

Written Testimony of Alan R. Mulally, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ford Motor Company | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

Go take some lessons in adult debating, Gome.

lol

Do you know how many people on this site could stand to take that advice, on BOTH sides? LOL

Oh and I beat you to posting that quote by several hours.

Charles your a first class clown. Fords CEO said the same thing. I've heard him say it twice.

So what. you take him at his word? I think he is being Diplomatic, and while they may have seen some benefit from the Bail Outs, What he is not saying is that FORD would have been positioned very well to BENEFIT greatly from the Liquidation of one or more of it's Major Competitors.

The Auto Bail out was not at all about saving Car Companies. That could have been done in Bankruptcy. American Cooperation routinely go through Bankruptcy and come out the other side better for it.

The Bail outs were about reward Unions, At the cost of Inventors, Period.

Charles your a first class clown. Fords CEO said the same thing. I've heard him say it twice.

So what. you take him at his word? I think he is being Diplomatic, and while they may have seen some benefit from the Bail Outs, What he is not saying is that FORD would have been positioned very well to BENEFIT greatly from the Liquidation of one or more of it's Major Competitors.

The Auto Bail out was not at all about saving Car Companies. That could have been done in Bankruptcy. American Cooperation routinely go through Bankruptcy and come out the other side better for it.

Charles, you're using a lefto weirdo tactic my friend, just take your lumps, admit your error and move on. Don't fall into their game. mistakes happen.

Bankruptcy AND the latter cash infusion are what saved the day to be sure. It took both and lacking one would have been the end. What 0bama was really trying to do is get us to believe that government mettling in business is necessary and helpful. To that I reply, BS!!!

Of course I take him at his word. He agrees with Obama. And either your right and he has a stunning misunderstanding of business or he's the guy that did great at boing and turned ford around and you look like a fool.
I'll go with the proven guy who makes millions to run the best companies. But thanks

Charles, you're using a lefto weirdo tactic my friend, just take your lumps, admit your error and move on. Don't fall into their game. mistakes happen.

LOL now you are calling me a lefto? Dude I do not dispute that they saw some Benefit from the Bail outs, I am simply stating they might have Benefited Even more if We had allowed Chrysler and GM to go through Bankruptcy.

IMO there is a very good chance they could have. People who were afraid to buy a car from one of the Company's in Bankruptcy, Would have had to turn to Ford, if they wanted to Buy American. They could have Gained a Huge Chunk of the Market Share. Plain and simple. Any Business person being honest can see that, It simply is not a very Nice thing to Talk about :)

I am not wrong about the real purpose of the Auto Bail outs, and if you do not agree, then you my friends are the Lefto.. We have bankruptcy laws for a reason. GM and Chrysler could have used them, and Cut out the Dead meat, became slimmer and more efficient and came out the other side better for it.

But the Democrats could not have that, Because Bankruptcy would have given GM and Chrysler immense power to Renegotiate Union contracts.

That is the Reason the Dems bailed them out instead of letting them Go through Bankruptcy. Plain and simple. Agree with me or not, that is a Fact IMO.

Last edited:
Of course I take him at his word. He agrees with Obama. And either your right and he has a stunning misunderstanding of business or he's the guy that did great at boing and turned ford around and you look like a fool.
I'll go with the proven guy who makes millions to run the best companies. But thanks

Those are not the only options, as I said he could be simply omitting the Fact that they might have been able to Benefit even more from the Bankruptcy's of GM and Chrysler for Political Reasons.

Nothing is ever as Black and white as you people seem to want to think. How would he look if he was like, Sure we benefited some, But we would have Benefited more if you had let our Competition Go out of Business? LOL he would have looked like an ass, but that does not mean it might not have been true.

I don't believe in any bailouts except the coming oil bailout.

I believe in letting the Market deal with it's self. I believe we have Bankruptcy Laws for a reason. I believe Shareholders and Investors got FUCKED so the Unions would not lose jobs, or face contract Renegotiation in bankruptcy Court.

Plain and Simple

"I think private insurers should be able to compete. They do it all the time. I mean, if you think about, if you think about it, um, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. Right? The, uh, no they are. I mean, it's the post office that's always having problems." -BO

Which company was in the strongest position before the bailout?

In a stunning display of this administrations lack of understanding of business. The white house is claiming that even though ford did not take any money, They benefited from the Bail out of Chrysler and GM.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/06/us/politics/06obama.html

Once again Obama does not understand business at all. Ford would have seen much more benefit if one or both of it's competitors were allowed to fail instead of propped up by the government.

I hope people are not falling for this line of BS.

I heard the president talking about this. He said Ford would tell you they benefited.

Have you got a source for this? I find that really interesting.

LOL now you are calling me a lefto? Dude I do not dispute that they saw some Benefit from the Bail outs, I am simply stating they might have Benefited Even more if We had allowed Chrysler and GM to go through Bankruptcy.

IMO there is a very good chance they could have. People who were afraid to buy a car from one of the Company's in Bankruptcy, Would have had to turn to Ford, if they wanted to Buy American. They could have Gained a Huge Chunk of the Market Share. Plain and simple. Any Business person being honest can see that, It simply is not a very Nice thing to Talk about :)

I am not wrong about the real purpose of the Auto Bail outs, and if you do not agree, then you my friends are the Lefto.. We have bankruptcy laws for a reason. GM and Chrysler could have used them, and Cut out the Dead meat, became slimmer and more efficient and came out the other side better for it.

But the Democrats could not have that, Because Bankruptcy would have given GM and Chrysler immense power to Renegotiate Union contracts.

That is the Reason the Dems bailed them out instead of letting them Go through Bankruptcy. Plain and simple. Agree with me or not, that is a Fact IMO.

No, you misread my post. I said the tactic of pretending what was said wasn't said is a leftie tactic and you shouldn't be using it.

Have you got a source for this? I find that really interesting.

I did link it Allie, I gave a link to the PDF of the actual testimony he gave to the Senate Banking Committee, it's in the thread.

How do people still believe Obama did any work on his own in college and law school? How?

they helped eachother during those late nights planning the next GLBT meetings

Forum List

Back