Average price of vehicles from Ford, General Motors and Stellantis will increase by $900 because of the new contract.

Average price of vehicles from Ford, General Motors and Stellantis will increase by $900 because of the new contract.

Will you pay the higher price for a Ford, GM or Chrysler vehicles over vehicles built in non-unoin shops?

$900 doesn’t seem outrageous. What’s the average cost of a vehicle these days? That sounds well under 5%.

Anyone priced a new F350 diesel lately?
Minimum 60+k. Build can easily top 100k. These are top tier trucks (3/4/1 ton) built for a certain market. What would you expect?
The other day, I noticed on a Cadillac lot a nearly new but used Escalade. It was priced at $109,000. Probably repo'd once the owners started paying those $1200.00 a month payments!
The luxury models from Jeep, GM, Ford easily top 100k these days. I ain't happy about it, but there's fuck all I can do about it. :dunno:

I'll never buy a new car period.

These days pretty much every single one of em I see on the road looks identical...

NPC.jpg
Yeah, it's weird. It's like 90 percent of them are either black or gray.

Isn't there still a chip shortage for these new vehicles? I read awhile back that tens of thousands of new Broncos were sitting on the factory lots being delayed to be delivered to dealerships due to the shortages.

Will you pay the higher price for a Ford, GM or Chrysler vehicles over vehicles built in non-unoin shops?

Liberals are always throwing gas on the inflation fire. Not only this, but these UAW wage increases will cause wage increases across the board, further throwing more gas on the inflation fire. The idiots always think that these wage gains will be paid by those one percenters while the reality is ALL Americans will be paying these increased wages, once again hurting minorities and the poor the most, increasing income inequality.

Liberals are always throwing gas on the inflation fire. Not only this, but these UAW wage increases will cause wage increases across the board, further throwing more gas on the inflation fire. The idiots always think that these wage gains will be paid by those one percenters while the reality is ALL Americans will be paying these increased wages, once again hurting minorities and the poor the most, increasing income inequality.
Don't you think the average worker in the US deserves to make more?
Don't we all want to make more?
Do you want to make more?

Is the answer to keep inflation down is to keep the wages of all Americans down?

I would not base my purchase on such an thing, could not really care less if it is union built or not.

With the current cost of new car the extra 900 is like adding 10 cents to a burger.

How dare there workers demand more money, they should be like you and just take the scraps given to them and not whine

Don't you think the average worker in the US deserves to make more?
Don't we all want to make more?
Do you want to make more?

Is the answer to keep inflation down is to keep the wages of all Americans down?
We have this thing called the free market. But, yes, we need to keep wages down because inflation outpaces wages so the more wages go up, the more inflation goes up at an even higher pace, hurting minorities and the poor the most. That is why both homelessness and income inequality are exploding. We should pass a law that everyone gets pay cuts and businesses have to cut prices in line with the pay cuts. The more you throw gas on the fire the more inflation explodes.

How dare there workers demand more money, they should be like you and just take the scraps given to them and not whine
Leftists mistakenly think that these wage increases will come out of the pockets of the rich car company executives. They won't. All Americans will be paying for these wage increases, fueling inflation even more, which leads to more homelessness and income inequality.

Leftists mistakenly think that these wage increases will come out of the pockets of the rich car company executives. They won't. All Americans will be paying for these wage increases, fueling inflation even more, which leads to more homelessness and income inequality.

I do not give a fuck where they come out of. I think everyone should get a much compensation for their time and effort as possible. I know I sure as fuck do all I can to get more money out of my employer.

Why should these people not have the same rights?

The vast majority of us are part of the working class.

And the working class, myself included, want higher wages but no inflation.

We want to support US manufacturing but need to consider the lowest price, which is often not made in the US, to meet budgets.

We all want our cake and eat it too.

It is a tough dilemma. Too often we want to blame others for the dilemma but we need to realize it is a fact of life. Who do you blame?
The UAW and the teamsters have done a tremendous job for Ford workers and UPS workers. There used to be a time in this country for decades when the middle class was much stronger and we still had a strong upper class. For decades so there’s no excuse in this country to not have a strong, middle class and high paying jobs for Americans if they’re willing to work them. That’s simply part of the American dream.

If you’re willing to work hard, you deserve a middle class job in America. That’s what separates us from other countries.

We simply need to get back into those times when black and white Americans had a great manufacturing job for their whole life they worked one job., but there’s so many greedy Americans who don’t want it and also some brainwashed working class Americans who will vote for the wrong people that don’t support better wages for the middle class.

It’s a breath of fresh air that we are finally seeing more people talking about the middle class instead of BLM propaganda.

I would add that I have no problem paying an extra 900 bucks on an item I buy once every 5 years at the most if it helps 150,000 people get better pay

We have this thing called the free market. But, yes, we need to keep wages down because inflation outpaces wages so the more wages go up, the more inflation goes up at an even higher pace, hurting minorities and the poor the most. That is why both homelessness and income inequality are exploding. We should pass a law that everyone gets pay cuts and businesses have to cut prices in line with the pay cuts. The more you throw gas on the fire the more inflation explodes.
The free market sends many jobs to other countries where people will work for a lot less.

We currently have a regulated labor market. If you want to read about the USA labor market before common sense regulations were put in, I suggest the study attached.

The UAW and the teamsters have done a tremendous job for Ford workers and UPS workers. There used to be a time in this country for decades when the middle class was much stronger and we still had a strong upper class. For decades so there’s no excuse in this country to not have a strong, middle class and high paying jobs for Americans if they’re willing to work them. That’s simply part of the American dream.

If you’re willing to work hard, you deserve a middle class job in America. That’s what separates us from other countries.

We simply need to get back into those times when black and white Americans had a great manufacturing job for their whole life they worked one job., but there’s so many greedy Americans who don’t want it and also some brainwashed working class Americans who will vote for the wrong people that don’t support better wages for the middle class.

It’s a breath of fresh air that we are finally seeing more people talking about the middle class instead of BLM propaganda.
The world has changed. The availability of production in foreign countries, at lower costs, has changed everyhting.

It is not just big corporations and the government that has created this world where good jobs are leaving the USA. The biggest factor is the consumer. The consumer will buy what is the greatest value. The least expensive.
Those products are made in foreign countries, to often. The jobs in the USA, that are producing the least expensive goods, are in large conglomerates who provide economy of scale but not nearly as many good jobs as many small companies could.

It is very complex. Everybody is looking for one thing to blame. There are many things to blame.

The free market sends many jobs to other countries where people will work for a lot less.

We currently have a regulated labor market. If you want to read about the USA labor market before common sense regulations were put in, I suggest the study attached.

LOL. I don't need to read anything to know that people can't afford to live now and when you raise wages even more, things will become even more expensive for everyone, increasing homelessness even more as well as income inequality. The left are so effing stupid to think these UAW increased wages will be paid for by the car company CEO's when the reality is they won't pay a dime of it, all Americans will pay for it. The UAW and their workers are screwing over all Americans, making income inequality worse and adding to the homeless problem.

Why do you believe that the 1% care about you?

The Democratic Party wants to lift all boats while you bitch that the owner needs more money.

Why do you believe that the 1% care about you?

The Democratic Party wants to lift all boats while you bitch that the owner needs more money.
The 1% don't care about me. I know that. But, it doesn't change the fact that every policy the left has, makes it worse for minorities and the poor. They talk a good game but it doesn't translate into reality. The reality is people can't afford to live anymore and a lot of that has to do with well intentioned leftist policies which are total failures. Everything they touch turns to shit and their solution is always the same - do more of what isn't working. The right's policies actually work better than the left's.

The 1% don't care about me. I know that. But, it doesn't change the fact that every policy the left has, makes it worse for minorities and the poor. They talk a good game but it doesn't translate into reality. The reality is people can't afford to live anymore and a lot of that has to do with well intentioned leftist policies which are total failures. Everything they touch turns to shit and their solution is always the same - do more of what isn't working. The right's policies actually work better than the left's.
How does “every policy” of the left make life worse? Explain how a student loan forgiveness program make life worse for minorities and the poor.

Explain how a minimum wage wage law does that?

Explain how OHSA safety laws hurt workers.

Just for starters

Forum List

Back