Obama demands/gets $20Billion + public apology from BP

I still fail to see how the president demanding monetary retribution for this incident is a bad thing. Can one of the airheads barking about fascism explain why this is bad?

Ok Hick, imagine this scenario

You are caught speeding and receive a ticket. You call in to find out how much it is and they tell you $75, but a few weeks later they tell you , oh no we changed our minds we demand that you pay $25 MILLION . How happy would you be then?

When did the govt tell BP it would only be fined $75?

Once again, if a conservative didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say

Well, I'm not a fascist barking airhead....but, I'll give you an answer anyway....

Obama is demanding something that a law has already established a limit on. 75 million...What do you think would happen if BP said no to any figure above that? I mean really...what would happen?

I expect Congress would immediately pen a new 1500 page law that would be passed overnight to change the rules. That part is what bothers me...

see, they just don't get it, if it costs $100B I fully agree that BP should pay for ALL of it. But you can't set a rule and then just change it on a whim and demand that someone adhere to your demands just because you got mad.

Well, I'm not a fascist barking airhead....but, I'll give you an answer anyway....

Obama is demanding something that a law has already established a limit on. 75 million...What do you think would happen if BP said no to any figure above that? I mean really...what would happen?

There is no such law.

If conservatives didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say

I expect Congress would immediately pen a new 1500 page law that would be passed overnight to change the rules. That part is what bothers me...

Conservatives hate democracy.

I still fail to see how the president demanding monetary retribution for this incident is a bad thing. Can one of the airheads barking about fascism explain why this is bad?

You are caught speeding and receive a ticket. You call in to find out how much it is and they tell you $75, but a few weeks later they tell you , oh no we changed our minds we demand that you pay $25 MILLION . How happy would you be then?

Holy fuck every time I think you've been as stupid as is humanly possible, you post again.

Oil Pollution Act Overview | Emergency Management | US EPA

Seventy five million dollar cap. Obviously my example used smaller numbers for a reason you moron.

Holy fuck every time I think you've been as stupid as is humanly possible, you post again.

Seventy five million dollar cap. Obviously my example used smaller numbers for a reason you moron.

Learn to read moron (from the actual text of the bill, and not a summary an idiot like you posted)

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/usc.cgi?ACTION=RETRIEVE&FILE=$$xa$$busc33.wais&start=4683182&SIZE=13816&TYPE=TEXT

(c) Exceptions

(1) Acts of responsible party

Subsection (a) of this section does not apply if the incident
was proximately caused by--
(A) gross negligence or willful misconduct of, or

[[Page 648]]

(B) the violation of an applicable Federal safety,
construction, or operating regulation by,

the responsible party, an agent or employee of the responsible
party, or a person acting pursuant to a contractual relationship
with the responsible party (except where the sole contractual
arrangement arises in connection with carriage by a common carrier
by rail).

Learn to read moron (from the actual text of the bill, and not a summary an idiot like you posted)

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/usc.cgi?ACTION=RETRIEVE&FILE=$$xa$$busc33.wais&start=4683182&SIZE=13816&TYPE=TEXT

(c) Exceptions

[[Page 648]]

by rail).

It looks like it was an accident.

Will Bomammy declare that it was "gross negligence or willful misconduct" without bothering with that whole "trial" thingy just so 18th Century!

There is no such law.

So...I made this up????

You're a dumb ass. And there is NO debating that fact.

:lol:

(c) Exceptions

[[Page 648]]

by rail).

Will Bomammy declare that it was "gross negligence or willful misconduct" without bothering with that whole "trial" thingy just so 18th Century!

Once again, the cowardly cons prove they can't admit when they were wrong.

First, there was a $75 million limit. Now, it's predictions of Obama being a dictator from someone who can't even predict the present, nevermind the future :lol:

There is no such law.

So...I made this up????

Learn to read, dumbass

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/usc.cgi?ACTION=RETRIEVE&FILE=$$xa$$busc33.wais&sta rt=4683182&SIZE=13816&TYPE=TEXT

(c) Exceptions

[[Page 648]]

by rail).

:lol:

Once again, the cowardly cons prove they can't admit when they were wrong.

First, there was a $75 million limit. Now, it's predictions of Obama being a dictator from someone who can't even predict the present, nevermind the future :lol:

Are you running for Biggest Fucking Retard at USMB?

There's a $75MM limit and the NeoNazi in the WH IS a dictator!

There is no such law.

So...I made this up????

Learn to read, dumbass

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/usc.cgi?ACTION=RETRIEVE&FILE=$$xa$$busc33.wais&sta rt=4683182&SIZE=13816&TYPE=TEXT

(c) Exceptions

[[Page 648]]

by rail).

I'm just not sure if you enjoy acting stupid or just can't help it. Even the Obama administration has referenced this LAW several times. Why do you insist on being so fucking thick skulled and glib?

What was it like sitting in the back of the short bus?

There is no such law.

So...I made this up????

Learn to read, dumbass

(c) Exceptions

[[Page 648]]

by rail).

So you ruled that there was gross negligence?

So...I made this up????

Learn to read, dumbass

I'm just not sure if you enjoy acting stupid or just can't help it. Even the Obama administration has referenced this LAW several times. Why do you insist on being so fucking thick skulled and glib?

I don't think it's an act, I think he really is terminally stupid

for the record, the incident was caused by an explosion which as an accident. So, do whatever you want with that info.

Learn to read, dumbass

I don't think it's an act, I think he really is terminally stupid

Is posting Sangha's picture on the forum against the rules? I couldn't find one that applied?

eds-short-bus.jpg

That would seem inappropriate for the amount of harm done. However in this case, the penalty appears appropriate, so I don't quite see the analogy.

see, they just don't get it, if it costs $100B I fully agree that BP should pay for ALL of it. But you can't set a rule and then just change it on a whim and demand that someone adhere to your demands just because you got mad.
I agree that rules shouldn't be changed at will, but it looks like sangha has you beat, as it was clearly shown that the established cap does not apply to negligence.

I remember hearing that the dude who was overseeing their disaster plan was dead for the last half decade. I mean, a quick google search shows entire articles written on why their disaster planning was just crap. At what point do you acknowledge that completely botching a disaster plan is negligent? I think it applies. I think BP knows it applies, else they would be fighting it.

So...I made this up????

Learn to read, dumbass

So you ruled that there was gross negligence?

yeah, gross negligence of using brain cells. Like I have said before, they will have a hard time proving the explosion was negligible.

This may very well drive BP out of buisness. People just do not understand the sheer significane this $20 billion debt + $100 million / lack of dividends could do to this company. If they go under, the average joe is paying the bill.

for the record, the incident was caused by an explosion which as an accident. So, do whatever you want with that info.

While in surgery, a major blood vessel ruptures in the patient. The surgeon looks at it, and walks away from the situation because he didn't know how to deal with it wasn't his fault it happened. He had no plan for foreseeable disasters, and let's the patient die.

Guess who gets sued for negligence.

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater." — Frank Zappa

"Now I can see the brick wall" -- CrusaderFrank

Forum List

Back