Obama demands/gets $20Billion + public apology from BP

Settling out of court? Are you really that fucking retarded? We don't even know the extend of the ongoing damage!

Not knowing the extent of the damage does not preclude parties from settling out of court. It only prevents a verdict IN court. Two parties can settle out of court for anything, including non-monetary agreements, so long as both parties agree. For example, it is not uncommon for real estate and possessions to be worked into an out-of-court settlement in divorce.

Again, you have no clue what this term means. Stop making blind guesses.

So, extorting $20B under threat of criminal prosecution is like buying a summer house?

Once again you fail to demonstrate any degree of knowledge of what settling out of court actually means. Extortion is illegal. BP can sue the government if they thought it was extortion. The fact that they are admitting their negligence and agreeing to pay the amount specified without further complaint should key you in on the fact that it's not extortion.

"Criminal prosecution" is not a threat. It's the justice system. If someone is innocent, there is nothing to fear with criminal prosecution.

Its not like BP objected or said no to the 20 billion. Righty's, why are you defending them? This is unbelievable really. BP is not even complaining and i guarantee you the people down there aren't either.

righty's make me sick and i swear if another 9/11 happened, there is no way this country would forget partisan crap like they did the first time. You proved it here.

Try to degrade the president no matter what he does! Period. Sickening really.

So, extorting $20B under threat of criminal prosecution is like buying a summer house?

Once again you fail to demonstrate any degree of knowledge of what settling out of court actually means. Extortion is illegal. BP can sue the government if they thought it was extortion. The fact that they are admitting their negligence and agreeing to pay the amount specified without further complaint should key you in on the fact that it's not extortion.

"Criminal prosecution" is not a threat. It's the justice system. If someone is innocent, there is nothing to fear with criminal prosecution.

Settling out of court? Are you really that fucking retarded? We don't even know the extend of the ongoing damage!

The only thing "Settled" is that Obama is a fucking Fascist

Lordy, lordy. Ol' Frank hates his fellow Americans. He would far rather see the people that live on the Gulf bankrupted than the President get any kind of credit for preventing that.

I think what is really obvious is that you are are fucking idiot, Frank. One that cares nothing at all for this nation and the people in it.

The only thing "Settled" is that Obama is a fucking Fascist

Lordy, lordy. Ol' Frank hates his fellow Americans. He would far rather see the people that live on the Gulf bankrupted than the President get any kind of credit for preventing that.

I think what is really obvious is that you are are fucking idiot, Frank. One that cares nothing at all for this nation and the people in it.

Obama prevented the Gulf disaster by taking the first 8 days of the crisis off to lambaste Arizona and golf. Yeah, that's the ticket.

He must have read this:

2087-1.jpg

We still don't know why he sent in the SWAT teams but at least we know why he upended 230+ years of jurisprudence: he's a Fascist and you're a Useful Idiot

For three days, BP insisted that there was no oil leaking, and then that there was only a 1000 barrels a day, then on down the line, only 4000 barrels. Only after they were forced to make public the videos from the robots could we really see how much was actually leaking.

The President made sure that the American Citizens that make their living in the Gulf get compensated for the negligence that has destroyed their livilihood. Not through lengthy lawsuits that might get pennies on the dollar, two decades later as with the Exxon Valdez, but with a fund that is independent of BP with money in escrow.

The fact that BP agreed with little resistance is simply an indication the the upper eschalon of that company realize the gravity of the situation. The fact that you are calling our President a Fascist, when what he did was the opposite of Fascism. For Fascism, as defined by Mussoulini, is state corperatism. And, completely contrary to the philosophy of Fascism, President Obama made the corperation accountable to the citizens.

You, Frank, and those like you, are the Fascists. You would subordinate the good of the Citizens and the Nation to the corperations. You really don't deserve to be an American Citizen.

For three days, BP insisted that there was no oil leaking, and then that there was only a 1000 barrels a day, then on down the line, only 4000 barrels. Only after they were forced to make public the videos from the robots could we really see how much was actually leaking.

The President made sure that the American Citizens that make their living in the Gulf get compensated for the negligence that has destroyed their livilihood. Not through lengthy lawsuits that might get pennies on the dollar, two decades later as with the Exxon Valdez, but with a fund that is independent of BP with money in escrow.

The fact that BP agreed with little resistance is simply an indication the the upper eschalon of that company realize the gravity of the situation. The fact that you are calling our President a Fascist, when what he did was the opposite of Fascism. For Fascism, as defined by Mussoulini, is state corperatism. And, completely contrary to the philosophy of Fascism, President Obama made the corperation accountable to the citizens.

You, Frank, and those like you, are the Fascists. You would subordinate the good of the Citizens and the Nation to the corperations. You really don't deserve to be an American Citizen.

I would have send you down to the bottom with a snorkel to take a look right after the blast.

Really can't answer to what your hatred of your fellow American Citizens looks like to the rest of us, can you, Frank.

I just like to expose the lies and stupidity of the Neo-Nazi Left would would use fake science, accidents and economic downturns to pass their vile, unAmerican agenda.

We have a wonderful court system that is the envy of the world and Neo-Nazis no longer want the President to abide by it: that's Fascism.

I just like to expose the lies and stupidity of the Neo-Nazi Left would would use fake science, accidents and economic downturns to pass their vile, unAmerican agenda.

We have a wonderful court system that is the envy of the world and Neo-Nazis no longer want the President to abide by it: that's Fascism.

I misread that at first. I thought you were saying you like to expose lies, not make up unsupported claims and leave in a huff.

I misread that at first. I thought you were saying you like to expose lies, not make up unsupported claims and leave in a huff.

I'm here, cupcake.

I'm here, cupcake.

yes. the lights are on but nobody is home. you're here. good points from you are not.

I misread that at first.

You do that quit often.....thought you needed to know.....

Forum List

Back