Obama and Fox: A 'Presidency' or a 'Dictatorship'?

All sorts of lies abound about Fox News, the far-and-away most popular cable station.

Fox etc etc etc are still free to lie about everything, like that fascists are leftists lol...political gobbelygook/RW idiocy.
Only Fascists Assail Free Speech | Page 16 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

And this, in the same thread....

"...conservatives are more likely to watch biased "news" sources."

Now...where did blanko and the other guy get that misapprehension?

Here we go:

1. Every day, and in so very many ways, Obama proves himself to be emotionally, intellectually, and historically, ineligible for the presidency of the United States.
Proof of the above can be found in the United States Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; ..."

a. "The protection given freedom of the press is one of the most unique provisions in the Bill of Rights because it protects the freedom of an institution as well as that of individuals.

...the governed must have the information necessary to make wise decisions about the people they elect and the policies they want those people to pursue. Unless the consent of the people is informed consent, the democratic basis of a free society rests on very shaky ground. " http://www.godlessinamerica.com/freepress.html

2. The Obama to whom I refer is the same Obama who, on March 30, 2007, at a fundraiser, said, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current presidentI actually respect the Constitution."

One might conclude that an individual who imagined himself to be "a constitutional law professor" would understand the importance of the first amendment, and a free press.

And...if he does.....he'd have to be some version of fascist to work against same.....wouldn't he?

3. "During an interview with President Obama that aired on CNBC yesterday, chief Washington correspondent John Harwood said, “When you and I spoke in January, you said — I observed that you hadn’t gotten much badpress. You said it’s coming.” Harwood added that since then, Obama still hasn’t received much critical press and wondered if his administration isn’t being “sufficiently held accountable.” Obama, however, disagreed:

OBAMA:It’s very hard for me to swallow that one. First of all, I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration. I mean, you know,...." Obama: ‘I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration.’

a. The above correctly suggests that, overwhelmingly, the press has done nothing but wave pom-poms for Obama....but it's not enough!
Obama is demanding nothing less than 100% submission of every news outlet.

Imagine the Republicans in that position...a single news outlet opposed to 'em: They'd be tossing confetti.

Not good enough for Obama!
He wants a one-party system, and a monolithic press.

Obama's aim: " A Dictatorship rather than a Presidency"

Oh, another straw man. Maybe if you browsed the channels occasionally you'd see how wrong you are. Do we forget the 72-hr erection that Anderson Cooper had after the Benghazi attack?

"Do we forget the 72-hr erection that Anderson Cooper had after the Benghazi attack?"
What the heck are you talking about????
Did you actually post a suggestion that Anderson Cooper is on Fox???

" I don't copy and paste random quotes out of context..."

Nor do I.
Yes, you do. This has been shown throughout all of your threads by multiple posters. You're claiming moderates are communists, for fucks sake.

LOL. Biggest lie of the OP.

He was merely pointing out that the GOP attack dog is rabid.

Not even close to demanding anything.

Gee...you sound just like another Obama lap-dog, willing to follow 'dear leader' sans evidence or proof.

Could be?

Faux News Lapdog...

Duck....here comes another custard pie in your kisser:

From the White House:
" What I think is fair to say about Fox — and certainly it’s the way we view it — is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party. They take their talking points, put them on the air; take their opposition research, put them on the air. And that’s fine. But let’s not pretend they’re a news network the way CNN is."

Of course, this is the sort of lie one expects from the Obama administration.

9. Now, for the truth.

a. "...Fox is a serious news organization that open minded liberals can respect." Kirsten Powers, "The Silencing: How The Left Is Killing Free Speech," p. 119.

b. “I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast,” he said. “And it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6 o’clock at night is Fox.” Other Americans are reaching the same conclusion. Kelly beat the networks on election night, and now Bret Baier’s hourlong newscast at 6 p.m., “Special Report,” frequently beats the ABC or CBS newscasts in select markets, including Atlanta, St. Louis and even Baltimore, a Democratic stronghold." http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/magazine/the-megyn-kelly-moment.html?_r=0

c. "Time magazine’s Joe Klein used to watch CNN at 6 p.m.... “It is such an embarrassment to our profession that CNN has gone in the toilet the way it has. You know, I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast, and it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6:00 at night is Fox.”

The audience mumbled a bit, but Greenfield said Klein has a point aboutBret Baier. Because at leastSpecial Reportis a straight newscast, unlike CNN’s frantic MH370 coverage and, well,Al Sharpton." Time’s Joe Klein Can’t Stand Watching CNN, Would Rather Watch Fox

d. George Will and Charles Krauthammer, Fox regulars, are two Pulitzer Prize-winning columnists.

e. Brit Hume and Chris Wallace have both won Emmys.

f. Two former CNN veterans, Ed Henry, former White House Correspondents Association Board President,- and Emmy Award-winner John Roberts.

g. Carl Cameron has covered every presidential election since 1996; " Stories he has broken include the breaches of security at theDEAand other Federal agencies in 2001 byIsraelisclaiming to be art students[2]andGeorge W. Bush's 1976drunk drivingarrest." Carl Cameron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

h. Shepard Smith "The Fox Report with Shepard Smithwas a top-ratednewscastin cable news and has been ranked third in the top programs inU.S. cable news.[5]Shepard Smith tied for second (along withDan RatherandPeter Jennings) as the most trusted news anchor on both network and cable news in a 2003TV Guidepoll. Shepard Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll"
Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll

But....if you are an Obamunist...." Fox is not a real news outlet."

How ya' like that, boyyyyeeeeee???

There is a difference between being trusted and being trustworthy.

Not in this context there isn't.

Fox is most trusted exactly because it is most trustworthy.....the only outlet that doesn't lock-step behind Obama.

Audiences recognize that.
Seems you don't.

What could be better for Obama than to be hoist by his own petard!

10. In October of '09, Obama tried to cut Fox News out of access to his "pay czar," Kenneth Feinberg.

"...Jake Tapperstarted. When ABC’s White House correspondent Tapper questioned press secretary Robert Gibbs over the administration’s tactic of attacking Fox News, Gibbs avoided much of an answer.

But yesterday’s round-robin pool interviews of new executive pay czar Kenneth Feinberg saw the White House trying to ostracize Fox News again ....

The Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV news networks [ABC, CBS, CNN, FNC and NBC] consulted and decided that none of them would interview Feinberg unless Fox was included, and the administration relented,”... Tipping Point? White House Press Pool Stands Up For Fox News

Wow....right in Obama's face!

How did they try to hide their chagrin?

a. Obama lies...again: "Treasury Department Denies it Tried to Exclude Fox News From Interviews"
Treasury Department Denies it Tried to Exclude Fox News From Interviews

b. Judical Watch:
" Documents Show Obama White House Attacked, Excluded Fox News Channel... despite this public position, internal Obama administration emails obtained by Judicial Watch provide evidence that FNC was specifically singled out for exclusion...
“…we’d prefer if you skip Fox please.” Documents Show Obama White House Attacked, Excluded Fox News Channel - Judicial Watch

Gotcha!

As "shame" is not part of the characteristic of an Obama supporter...they met the above with a different 's' term....a "shrug."

Well....if the Left can't actually pass laws to abridge the press.....there are other ways of abridging the press.

a. In 2009, Obama sat for interviews on healthcare with CNN,ABC, NBC, and CBS....but excluded Fox's Chris Wallace.

lol, this gets better every minute. So now it's unconstitutional for the president to give an interview to one media outlet unless he gives one to every media outlet on the planet.

Sounds like somebody wants the Fairness Doctrine back...

All sorts of lies abound about Fox News, the far-and-away most popular cable station.

Name ten.

Yeah, that jumped out at me too.

She forgot the "news" part. (Probably because they aren't news. Totally Freudian) I'm sure she can't think FOX "news" is more popular than, say, HBO.

Did it 'jump' out at you that Fox is the most watched cable news network,and that Obama has lied about it consistently?

Name ten.

She forgot the "news" part. (Probably because they aren't news. Totally Freudian) I'm sure she can't think FOX "news" is more popular than, say, HBO.

Did it 'jump' out at you that Fox is the most watched cable news network,and that Obama has lied about it consistently?
I thing the part going over your peabrain is that their "news" programs are not their ratings megalyths.

Its their political commentary programs.

Fox etc etc etc are still free to lie about everything, like that fascists are leftists lol...political gobbelygook/RW idiocy.
Only Fascists Assail Free Speech | Page 16 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

And this, in the same thread....

"...conservatives are more likely to watch biased "news" sources."

Now...where did blanko and the other guy get that misapprehension?

Here we go:

1. Every day, and in so very many ways, Obama proves himself to be emotionally, intellectually, and historically, ineligible for the presidency of the United States.
Proof of the above can be found in the United States Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; ..."

a. "The protection given freedom of the press is one of the most unique provisions in the Bill of Rights because it protects the freedom of an institution as well as that of individuals.

...the governed must have the information necessary to make wise decisions about the people they elect and the policies they want those people to pursue. Unless the consent of the people is informed consent, the democratic basis of a free society rests on very shaky ground. " http://www.godlessinamerica.com/freepress.html

2. The Obama to whom I refer is the same Obama who, on March 30, 2007, at a fundraiser, said, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current presidentI actually respect the Constitution."

One might conclude that an individual who imagined himself to be "a constitutional law professor" would understand the importance of the first amendment, and a free press.

And...if he does.....he'd have to be some version of fascist to work against same.....wouldn't he?

3. "During an interview with President Obama that aired on CNBC yesterday, chief Washington correspondent John Harwood said, “When you and I spoke in January, you said — I observed that you hadn’t gotten much badpress. You said it’s coming.” Harwood added that since then, Obama still hasn’t received much critical press and wondered if his administration isn’t being “sufficiently held accountable.” Obama, however, disagreed:

OBAMA:It’s very hard for me to swallow that one. First of all, I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration. I mean, you know,...." Obama: ‘I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration.’

a. The above correctly suggests that, overwhelmingly, the press has done nothing but wave pom-poms for Obama....but it's not enough!

Imagine the Republicans in that position...a single news outlet opposed to 'em: They'd be tossing confetti.

Not good enough for Obama!
He wants a one-party system, and a monolithic press.

Obama's aim: " A Dictatorship rather than a Presidency"

Who has been denied free speech? I'm sure you have an example.

Name ten.

Lied about what? Fox ratings?

Interesting how many Democrat court eunuchs in this thread keep squealing and repeating the lies that Obama feeds them.....

Let's review the facts:
Not only is Fox a 'real' news network....

Not only is Fox the most popular news network....

Not only is Fox the most trusted news network....

Not only does fox have award winning journalists....

But Fox has more legitimate folks of the Liberal persuasion than the Obama boot-licking networks have on the other side.

11. This from the Columbia Journalism Review:
"[Tamara] Holder may seem like an odd choice for a network that’s been called “the PR arm of the GOP.” But the Chicago-educated attorney, who has collaborated with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, is a bone fide Fox News correspondent, and she sits among an increasingly prominent group of news analysts at the conservative network—those on its left wing.

Call them punching bags, foils, or the engines of honest debate, Fox’s flock of liberal commentators lay out the nation’s partisan battles in real time—on a network where coastal elites would argue that no dissenting voices exist.

The ranks of liberals welcomed one more in February, when Fox hired James Carville, formerly the left flank of Crossfire and once the lead strategist for Bill Clinton. .

...Carville has been one of television’s most visible progressives for decades, often debating his wife, the conservative political consultant Mary Matalin.

If there were any doubts about whether Fox just looks for middling also-rans to do the left’s bidding, the arrival of Carville should resolve them.

Though MSNBC has a handful of moderate conservatives—namely Morning Joe’s Joe Scarborough—Fox stands out for the prominence it awards its on-air naysayers, many of whom occupy regular roles on the network’s most popular shows." And from the left...Fox News

Did you get that?

"... Fox stands out for the prominence it awards its on-air naysayers, many of whom occupy regular roles on the network’s most popular shows."

And,.....a reminder:

"Since it launched in 1996, Fox has grown into the largest cable news network, drawing 1.1 million viewers in primetime and 1.76 million viewers in total per day, an audience that’s four times larger than its next closest competitor, CNN, and greater than both MSNBC and CNN’s audiences combined."
Ibid.

And a third of 'em are Democrats!

Here's a one question IQ test:
Still buyin' the Obama lies about Fox?

Name ten.

He has never lied about it. Foxnews functions as a media outlet for the rightwing propaganda machine.

Interesting how many Democrat court eunuchs in this thread keep squealing and repeating the lies that Obama feeds them.....

Let's review the facts:
Not only is Fox a 'real' news network....

Not only is Fox the most popular news network....

Not only is Fox the most trusted news network....

Not only does fox have award winning journalists....

But Fox has more legitimate folks of the Liberal persuasion than the Obama boot-licking networks have on the other side.

11. This from the Columbia Journalism Review:
"[Tamara] Holder may seem like an odd choice for a network that’s been called “the PR arm of the GOP.” But the Chicago-educated attorney, who has collaborated with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, is a bone fide Fox News correspondent, and she sits among an increasingly prominent group of news analysts at the conservative network—those on its left wing.

Call them punching bags, foils, or the engines of honest debate, Fox’s flock of liberal commentators lay out the nation’s partisan battles in real time—on a network where coastal elites would argue that no dissenting voices exist.

The ranks of liberals welcomed one more in February, when Fox hired James Carville, formerly the left flank of Crossfire and once the lead strategist for Bill Clinton. .

...Carville has been one of television’s most visible progressives for decades, often debating his wife, the conservative political consultant Mary Matalin.

If there were any doubts about whether Fox just looks for middling also-rans to do the left’s bidding, the arrival of Carville should resolve them.

Though MSNBC has a handful of moderate conservatives—namely Morning Joe’s Joe Scarborough—Fox stands out for the prominence it awards its on-air naysayers, many of whom occupy regular roles on the network’s most popular shows." And from the left...Fox News

Did you get that?

"... Fox stands out for the prominence it awards its on-air naysayers, many of whom occupy regular roles on the network’s most popular shows."

And,.....a reminder:

"Since it launched in 1996, Fox has grown into the largest cable news network, drawing 1.1 million viewers in primetime and 1.76 million viewers in total per day, an audience that’s four times larger than its next closest competitor, CNN, and greater than both MSNBC and CNN’s audiences combined."
Ibid.

And a third of 'em are Democrats!

Here's a one question IQ test:
Still buyin' the Obama lies about Fox?

You've yet to prove a single lie by Obama about Fox.

Fox is a political propaganda channel that occasionally reports some news.

Name ten.

He has never lied about it. Foxnews functions as a media outlet for the rightwing propaganda machine.

So THAT'S why you're known as NYLiar!

Name ten.

You're ranting like a crazy lady.

Are you trying to tell us that MSNBC is a fair and balanced news outlet?

Name ten.

Have you every tried being honest?

Even by accident?

Even by accident?

You've now declared MSNBC to be a fair and balanced news outlet.

Do you wish to retract that?

Even by accident?

Another lie.

Even by accident?

Another lie.

Specifically, what's the difference between MSNBC and Foxnews as far as biased broadcasting goes?

12. To be clear, everything the Obama administration put forth about Fox, e.g., "not really a news station," is false.

The Fox News people were doing exactly what they are supposed to do:
report, analyze, and...yes, criticize.
(Watch for it at the bottom of this post.)

a. "The job of the newspaper is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."
The famous quote is about a hundred years old and can be traced to the work of Finley Peter Dunne, one of the great journalists of the day, who wrote about politics and culture in the voice and persona of an Irishman named "Mr. Dooley." Afflicting the Afflicted | Poynter.

And that's what Fox News does.

The reason for Obama's attacks on Fox News is simply put in the OP:
'Every day, and in so very many ways, Obama proves himself to be emotionally, intellectually, and historically, ineligible for the presidency of the United States."
We on the Right warned you....you didn't listen.

In light of his attempt to 'abridge' the press freedom of Fox in mind, this statement by the Liar-in-Chief is both shameless and astounding:

[Presidents] "inherit traditions that make us greater than the challenges we face. And one of those traditions is represented here tonight: a free press that isn’t afraid to ask questions, to examine and to criticize. " Transcript of Obama’s Remarks at the White House Correspondents Dinner

That's right.....Obama said that.
And that is what Fox News does.

Obama is better suited to sit atop a dictatorship, than an American government.
What kind of people voted for this....???
Certainly not Americans.

Yes, you do. This has been shown throughout all of your threads by multiple posters. You're claiming moderates are communists, for fucks sake.

Gee...you sound just like another Obama lap-dog, willing to follow 'dear leader' sans evidence or proof.

Could be?

Faux News Lapdog...

Duck....here comes another custard pie in your kisser:

From the White House:
" What I think is fair to say about Fox — and certainly it’s the way we view it — is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party. They take their talking points, put them on the air; take their opposition research, put them on the air. And that’s fine. But let’s not pretend they’re a news network the way CNN is."

Of course, this is the sort of lie one expects from the Obama administration.

9. Now, for the truth.

a. "...Fox is a serious news organization that open minded liberals can respect." Kirsten Powers, "The Silencing: How The Left Is Killing Free Speech," p. 119.

b. “I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast,” he said. “And it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6 o’clock at night is Fox.” Other Americans are reaching the same conclusion. Kelly beat the networks on election night, and now Bret Baier’s hourlong newscast at 6 p.m., “Special Report,” frequently beats the ABC or CBS newscasts in select markets, including Atlanta, St. Louis and even Baltimore, a Democratic stronghold." http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/magazine/the-megyn-kelly-moment.html?_r=0

c. "Time magazine’s Joe Klein used to watch CNN at 6 p.m.... “It is such an embarrassment to our profession that CNN has gone in the toilet the way it has. You know, I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast, and it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6:00 at night is Fox.”

The audience mumbled a bit, but Greenfield said Klein has a point aboutBret Baier. Because at leastSpecial Reportis a straight newscast, unlike CNN’s frantic MH370 coverage and, well,Al Sharpton." Time’s Joe Klein Can’t Stand Watching CNN, Would Rather Watch Fox

d. George Will and Charles Krauthammer, Fox regulars, are two Pulitzer Prize-winning columnists.

e. Brit Hume and Chris Wallace have both won Emmys.

f. Two former CNN veterans, Ed Henry, former White House Correspondents Association Board President,- and Emmy Award-winner John Roberts.

g. Carl Cameron has covered every presidential election since 1996; " Stories he has broken include the breaches of security at theDEAand other Federal agencies in 2001 byIsraelisclaiming to be art students[2]andGeorge W. Bush's 1976drunk drivingarrest." Carl Cameron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

h. Shepard Smith "The Fox Report with Shepard Smithwas a top-ratednewscastin cable news and has been ranked third in the top programs inU.S. cable news.[5]Shepard Smith tied for second (along withDan RatherandPeter Jennings) as the most trusted news anchor on both network and cable news in a 2003TV Guidepoll. Shepard Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll"
Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll

But....if you are an Obamunist...." Fox is not a real news outlet."

How ya' like that, boyyyyeeeeee???

There is a difference between being trusted and being trustworthy.

Not in this context there isn't.

Fox is most trusted exactly because it is most trustworthy.....the only outlet that doesn't lock-step behind Obama.

Audiences recognize that.
Seems you don't.

Fox's audience are delusional. If they were actually fair and balanced, they wouldn't have been lock step with Bush. But they were. That is an indisputable fact.

If you want to watch a network that offers criticism of all presidents, try PBS.

If you want news without a filter, use the wire services. But don't pretend your agitainment is news. It has been proven not to be over and over, by various fact-checking organizations.

It is much like the old Pravda, trusted by a minority of the population who are brainwashed fools.

Forum List

Back