Trump says he’s ‘looking at’ contraception restrictions

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
I am looking forward to his federal policy on restricting contraception. I am sure it will be very interesting.

“I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly and I think it’s something that you’ll find interesting,” Trump said.

In the past, Donald Trump has weighed in on abortion restrictions, including last month when he said Arizona went “too far” when the state Supreme Court upheld a 1864 law that banned nearly all abortions. | Jamie Kelter Davis for POLITICO

Former President Donald Trump said he’s “looking at” restrictions on contraception during an interview with a local TV station in Pittsburgh released Tuesday.
While he didn’t provide any details, he told KDKA political analyst Jon Delano that he plans to share a policy on contraception “very shortly.”

“We’re looking at that, and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly and I think it’s something that you’ll find interesting,” Trump said when asked if he supported any restrictions on a person’s right to contraception.

KDKA declined to confirm to POLITICO when the interview was recorded, but the Biden campaign released video of the exchange on Tuesday.
Trump added, “you will find it very smart. I think it’s a smart decision.”
The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to POLITICO’s request for comment about a planned policy announcement.
Reproductive rights have taken center stage during the 2024 election, as abortion has been left to the states to decide after the overturning of Roe v. Wade. The Supreme Court is also set to rule on a case that would restrict access to the widely used abortion pill mifepristone.
In the past, Trump has weighed in on abortion restrictions, including last month when he said Arizona went “too far” when the state Supreme Court upheld a 1864 law that banned nearly all abortions. Arizona lawmakers later repealed the law.
During interviews last month with TIME, Trump said he’d be making an announcement about his policy on mifepristone “over the next week or two.”
“I am for helping women,” Trump told TIME. “You probably saw that the IVF came out very well. And, you know, I set a policy on it, and the Republicans immediately adopted the policy.”
The interviews took place on April 12 and April 27. Trump has yet to reveal his mifepristone policy.
The Republican also told TIME that issues of prosecuting people for abortions or monitoring pregnancies should be left up to the states. He had previously released a video on social media where he declined to endorse a federal abortion ban.

Not serious! No American is ever going to agree with such a wide ranging elimination of their freedoms.

But the point is rather, to say it and have it accepted by those who don't understand that it would be an assault on their freedom.

Politically effective as we shall see!

I am looking forward to his federal policy on restricting contraception. I am sure it will be very interesting.

So some fake journalist asks him a question so they can quote him and twist it.

You don't even know what his policy is yet, and you're already assuming the worst.

My understanding is that it's not an issue to him.

And if a hands-off approach to contraception is his policy, you'll say he's looking at it and forget to mention that his policy is hands-off.

:290968001256257790-final:

He never follows though and provides the details he says he will in a "week or two".

He knows that the electorate's attention span is short and they will forget he made the promise.

He isn't going to do it, he always throws out some arbitrary and cryptic comment such as "I will have a policy on that and I think you will find it interesting". It will probably be a one liner somewhere that some item can't be sold to kids or something. He wants someone to vote based on this and they interpret in their own minds what they believe it would be.

It is akin to Pelosi telling congress that they can't see what is in a Bill until they vote on it. I mean, THAT was something else...

He isn't going to do it, he always throws out some arbitrary and cryptic comment such as "I will have a policy on that and I think you will find it interesting". It will probably be a one liner somewhere that some item can't be sold to kids or something. He wants someone to vote based on this and they interpret in their own minds what they believe it would be.

It is akin to Pelosi telling congress that they can't see what is in a Bill until they vote on it. I mean, THAT was something else...
Correct, Trump says lots of things to get people stirred up but will most certainly allow Roe v Wade to set the policy and let the states decide.

This is a sad example of the kind of erratic statements that Trump is prone to make. Do you remember all the times that Trump needlessly sparked controversy and uproar by making stupid and/or insensitive and/or odd comments when he was President?

RFK Jr. gives most of the Trump policies that we conservatives applauded but without the constant rain of dumb, senseless gaffes.

This is a sad example of the kind of erratic statements that Trump is prone to make. Do you remember all the times that Trump needlessly sparked controversy and uproar by making stupid and/or insensitive and/or odd comments when he was President?

RFK Jr. gives most of the Trump policies that we conservatives applauded but without the constant rain of dumb, senseless gaffes.
You mean like saying Covid was genetically engineered to spare Jews and Asians?

Oh, no, wait, that's something Bobby Brainworm said.

A conspiracy-filled rant by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. that the Covid-19 virus was engineered to spare Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese people has stirred accusations of antisemitism and racism in the Democratic candidate’s long-shot run for president.

“Covid-19. There is an argument that it is ethnically targeted. Covid-19 attacks certain races disproportionately,” Mr. Kennedy said at a private gathering in New York that was captured on videotape by The New York Post. “Covid-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.”

See, when you are right you are right, and when you are wrong it is comedic.

I agree with this post.

Forum List

Back