NRA Publicly Supports Bump Stock Ban

Until now you never even heard of one.I was bump firing my AK years ago, but not with a stock. You see, you don't need a device to do it.

Yup, here is a dude using a belt loop to "bump fire." But as already mentioned it seems like an inaccurate approach to shooting. Volume warning! It gets loud with a music overdub at 1:45!!!

Last edited:
Next it will be a felony to put your thumb in your belt loop.

Guess you nutters better go buy some while you still can.
------------------------------------------------------ thats whats happening from what i hear Borillar .
Lots of suppliers aren't carrying them any longer or selling them online. Other suppliers are selling out quickly.
--------------------------------------- as long as the device is legal , someone will fill the NEED Borillar !!

We can eliminate the entire problem by banning the possession of automatic and semi-automatic weapons by civilians.

semi autos been around since the 1890 or there about , they are an Americans RIGHT , OnePercenter .

listening to a ' dem ' on tv , this might be the first 'CONFISCATION' coming up for these 'slide fires' bump stocks as he says NO GrandFathering and no legal possession . He also says that the slidefire [shock , shock horror] is selling nery nicely

Last edited:
Exactly....how on earth did these things ever get approved is beyond me.
The technical details in the way the law is written is the answer.

Technically a "bump-stock" modification does not produce fully automatic function. All it does is enhance normal semi-automatic action, which involves one shot per individual trigger operation, by accelerating it.

Actually, were you to hold a semi-auto rifle in a manner which enabled you to pull the trigger as fast as you could you would come close to replicating the "bump-stock" effect -- which is not automatic.

Back in the '70s I bought a device called a "Hellfire" which was advertised in the Shotgun News and sold by a mail-order gun dealer in Waco, Texas (the Branch Davidians). This device screw/clamp mounted on the rear of the trigger guard and behind the trigger of most semi-auto .22 rifles. It was spring operated with an adjustable finger that lightly contacted the back of the trigger. When the trigger was pulled, gently and with a relaxed finger, a single shot was fired and the devices finger instantly pushed the trigger back to the initial position. So as long as the shooter's finger maintains the right amount of pressure on the trigger (which took a bit of practice) the effect is a rapid, harmonious action between the trigger finger and the device, producing an accelerated semi-automatic function.

I installed this gadget on my beloved Ruger 10/22 rifle, which uses a 50 round magazine. I ran almost two full bricks (about 1,000 rounds) of ammo playing around with it, which fouled the barrel and the receiver and got boring after awhile. The "bump-stock" used by the Las Vegas shooter is an elaborate, expensive version of the "Hellfire" gadget. It replaces the existing butt-stock on the ordinary (semi-auto) AR-15 rifle. It has an impact recovery slide built into it that produces the same, although much more mechanically efficient, type of effect on the rifle's trigger as did the "Hellfire" gadget.

Last edited:
I figure until now most Americans assumed they were illegal .

I figure 99% of American's never heard of a bump stock and now they are sold out all across the country. Millions more will be manufactured and sold before any ban can go into effect.

Then there will be free programs online to print one out with a 3-D printer.

Yet again the NRA is Negotiating Rights Away.

Go join the GOA or NAGR. The NRA's usefulness outside of firearms training has long been minimal at best.

Already Banned At Their Own Ranges

Pelosi: I sure hope a ban on bump stocks is a slippery slope to more gun control; Update: NRA supports regulations - Hot Air

"This is unexpected. But the NRA was in a jam this afternoon when it turned out that bump stocks were banned at the range in its own headquarters.

NRA: "Devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
pic.twitter.com/QiRFD9UesO
— NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) October 5, 2017"
Obama had deregulated the Bump Stock, in order to decreased the earth population of Republicans.

Analysis | NRA, Trump administration say Obama is to blame for ‘bump stocks’

Exactly....how on earth did these things ever get approved is beyond me.
The technical details in the way the law is written is the answer.

Technically a "bump-stock" modification does not produce fully automatic function. All it does is enhance normal semi-automatic action, which involves one shot per individual trigger operation, by accelerating it.

Actually, were you to hold a semi-auto rifle in a manner which enabled you to pull the trigger as fast as you could you would come close to replicating the "bump-stock" effect -- which is not automatic.

Back in the '70s I bought a device called a "Hellfire" which was advertised in the Shotgun News and sold by a mail-order gun dealer in Waco, Texas (the Branch Davidians). This device screw/clamp mounted on the rear of the trigger guard and behind the trigger of most semi-auto .22 rifles. It was spring operated with an adjustable finger that lightly contacted the back of the trigger. When the trigger was pulled, gently and with a relaxed finger, a single shot was fired and the devices finger instantly pushed the trigger back to the initial position. So as long as the shooter's finger maintains the right amount of pressure on the trigger (which took a bit of practice) the effect is a rapid, harmonious action between the trigger finger and the device, producing an accelerated semi-automatic function.

I installed this gadget on my beloved Ruger 10/22 rifle, which uses a 50 round magazine. I ran almost two full bricks (about 1,000 rounds) of ammo playing around with it, which fouled the barrel and the receiver and got boring after awhile. The "bump-stock" used by the Las Vegas shooter is an elaborate, expensive version of the "Hellfire" gadget. It replaces the existing butt-stock on the ordinary (semi-auto) AR-15 rifle. It has an impact recovery slide built into it that produces the same, although much more mechanically efficient, type of effect on the rifle's trigger as did the "Hellfire" gadget.

I have been shooting pretty much all my life. I enjoy target shooting, used to be a hunter as well but froze my ass off enough times to remedy me of that.
I first came to know what a bum stock was a few years ago when a buddy of mine showed me a video and how he couldn't wait to get one. Curious, I watched more vids and couldn't help but notice the obvious - no control. The speed of the shots is erratic unless a person really practiced with it..but moreso you can't stop your torso from bouncing backwards.
IMO - it is a useless item. For shooters - it is a sure fire way to drain your clip...a bit expensive. And I imagine gets boring after the first few minutes.
Other than the initial fun - it's only use would be to spray bullets in a general direction. And there is only one reason to do that....as the Vegas guy showed quite well.

White House: Trump is 'open' to discussion of 'bump stocks' ban

President Donald Trump is open to considering legislation that would ban "bump stocks" -- a firearm accessory used to more rapidly fire rounds -- but wants to hear more information on the matter before making a final determination.

"Right now, our focus, as we've said over the last couple of days, is on healing and uniting the country," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Thursday.

White House: Trump 'open' to potential 'bump stocks' ban - CNNPolitics

tons of USMB posts need to be deleted FAST

LOL
Trump AND the NRA

However I have seen it all before and this limited support goes away as soon as the headlines disappear

I will believe it when I see the legislation

Forum List

Back