So, what if you threw a Bump Stock party and nobody showed up with a Bump Stock?

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

that's a lot of ammo per gun there.
To me, that sounds like a good haul. Good for them. Glad they're repeating it.
I wonder if the reason no bump stocks got turned in is because no one owned any. Haven't I read that they are not actually used by most rifle owners? A little known/unpopular attachment that no one knew about until the Las Vegas shooting.
i honestly don't think too many people have them. if you actually use your AR for hunting and self defense, you DON'T want one cause they make the gun very erratic and you're just doing a spray and pray. it's a gimmick "toy" so to speak that quite honestly you can get the same effect with a rubber band.

but since the vegas shooter had one the tendency is to outlaw it and pretend it's common. it really isn't which is why no one really cares if they are outlawed, other than it's another shallow victory for the left that won't change anything.

just hard to imagine 9500 rounds per a gun turned in. i have to wonder about that number overall and if true, what type of rounds were actually turned in.
I sure wouldn't pooh-pooh the ammunition they collected. It's damned hard to shoot anyone without bullets.
yep. and that's the philosophy the obama admin took when they couldn't take guns away - make the ammo impossible to find. still not 100% sure why .22 ammo became "unicorn tears" in that no one could ever find them but the push on reclassifying green tipped ammo sent prices through the roof for several months.

and if the ammo that got turned in was some funky round no one ever uses, then what? i'm just saying not many people would turn in 70k rounds of say 9mm, .223, .308 and the like then those can be sold just as easily.

Unreal.

The City of Lincoln, Nebraska bans Bump Stocks because of all the paranoia from the left.

To be fair they decide to hold an amnesty day so that folks that owned them could legally dispose of them. Sounds great, right:

City Council Decision To Ban Bump Stocks Prompts Second L.P.D. Gun Amnesty Later This Month

The City Council decision to ban bump-stocks is prompting The Lincoln Police Department to again join with the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition for another Gun Amnesty day.

I guess it would have been great, IF ANYONE WOULD HAVE BROUGHT ONE IN:

LPD sponsors gun amnesty event following city council bump stock ban

While no bump stocks were turned in Saturday, the event, which was sponsored by LPD and the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition, resulted in 76 rifles and handguns, 70,000 rounds of ammunition and several containers of gunpowder being surrendered.

What was turned in, according to the picture in the article. What appears to be a few shotguns, a revolver and a semi automatic pistol, none of which are included in "common sense" gun control measures being offered up by the left.

Paranoia, once again, accomplished NOTHING.
Bump stocks are for idiots and wannabees anyway.

Agreed, but we must oblige the snowflakes of the world by wasting time and energy.

Unreal.

The City of Lincoln, Nebraska bans Bump Stocks because of all the paranoia from the left.

To be fair they decide to hold an amnesty day so that folks that owned them could legally dispose of them. Sounds great, right:

City Council Decision To Ban Bump Stocks Prompts Second L.P.D. Gun Amnesty Later This Month

The City Council decision to ban bump-stocks is prompting The Lincoln Police Department to again join with the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition for another Gun Amnesty day.

While no bump stocks were turned in Saturday, the event, which was sponsored by LPD and the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition, resulted in 76 rifles and handguns, 70,000 rounds of ammunition and several containers of gunpowder being surrendered.

What was turned in, according to the picture in the article. What appears to be a few shotguns, a revolver and a semi automatic pistol, none of which are included in "common sense" gun control measures being offered up by the left.

The reason

Perfect example of fear mongering and knee jerking
One person uses a bump stock for something bad and bedwetters turn their bedrooms into the Pacific. Its so sad.

I'm not fear mongering. This is the reason. If this didn't happen most people wouldn't even know what a bump stock is.

Sorry, I took your post the wrong way as well.

It's ok. The video is the reason why lots of places even some you wouldn't expect are banning them. They aren't banning the rifles.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

Go out to the practice range with 100 rounds and see how long it takes you to go through that. Someone who does that on a bi-weekly basis will go through 1000 rounds in a matter of months.
great. so with the average being 8500 rounds per gun turned in, that's almost a years worth of ammo sitting there they turned in.

again - my questions are more what type of ammo and is this # correct? i don't care how much people buy so don't think i'm trying to limit a thing. but 1000 rounds of:

bulk 9mm - $219 - $1861 turned in
bulk 40mm - $250 - $2125
bulk .223 - same, $1861 turned in
.308 - pretty damn sure they'd not turn in .308 - $700 for 1k rounds, $5950 turned in

9mm is pretty cheap, as is .223.

so on average per gun which may be a silly way to look at this, people turned in anywhere from $1800-$6000 "per gun" on cost of ammo alone.

which is why i find it hard to believe.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

Go out to the practice range with 100 rounds and see how long it takes you to go through that. Someone who does that on a bi-weekly basis will go through 1000 rounds in a matter of months.
great. so with the average being 8500 rounds per gun turned in, that's almost a years worth of ammo sitting there they turned in.

again - my questions are more what type of ammo and is this # correct? i don't care how much people buy so don't think i'm trying to limit a thing. but 1000 rounds of:

bulk 40mm - $250 - $2125
.308 - pretty damn sure they'd not turn in .308 - $700 for 1k rounds, $5950 turned in

so on average per gun which may be a silly way to look at this, people turned in anywhere from $1800-$6000 "per gun" on cost of ammo alone.

Does it ever expire? It's true people rarely give away anything worth keeping. But if someone had died and the ammo had been sitting around in the hall closet--sure, get rid of it. Kind of like the drive to turn in unused medications.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

bulk 40mm - $250 - $2125

Does it ever expire? It's true people rarely give away anything worth keeping. But if someone had died and the ammo had been sitting around in the hall closet--sure, get rid of it. Kind of like the drive to turn in unused medications.
meh it loses "potency". As in, the powder isnt as strong. You take a big risk shooting ammo that isnt "potent". As in, it doesnt have enough UMPH to get the bullet out of the barrel..

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

bulk 40mm - $250 - $2125

not *really*. they still sell WWII ammo for guns like the moisen nagant and brittish 303. it can get not very safe to use depending on how it's stored, but this is part of why i'd like to get some details on that 70k #.

Bump stocks are a ridiculous waste of ammunition.
It is so funny, up till Vegas I could hardly sell a bump stock they all had dust on them. Now I cannot keep them in stock. Progressives are so fucked in the head, Their gnashing of teeth causes the opposite to happen. What a clueless bunch

Last edited:
Unreal.

The reason

They are harmless, Firearms have no control over people

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

bulk 40mm - $250 - $2125

In the old days some just threw old stuff out with the trash. You can reuse.

great. so with the average being 8500 rounds per gun turned in

Go back to 4th grade and come back when you can explain how stupid that was.

heh - yep. my decimal was off 1 spot. need energy drink to kick in, my bad.

8500, 921....basically a rounding error. Once you eliminate the extra decimal place, then change all three of the remaining digits, you basically come out with the same answer.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

To me, that sounds like a good haul. Good for them. Glad they're repeating it.
I wonder if the reason no bump stocks got turned in is because no one owned any. Haven't I read that they are not actually used by most rifle owners? A little known/unpopular attachment that no one knew about until the Las Vegas shooting.
i honestly don't think too many people have them. if you actually use your AR for hunting and self defense, you DON'T want one cause they make the gun very erratic and you're just doing a spray and pray. it's a gimmick "toy" so to speak that quite honestly you can get the same effect with a rubber band.

but since the vegas shooter had one the tendency is to outlaw it and pretend it's common. it really isn't which is why no one really cares if they are outlawed, other than it's another shallow victory for the left that won't change anything.

just hard to imagine 9500 rounds per a gun turned in. i have to wonder about that number overall and if true, what type of rounds were actually turned in.
They are using Al gore math... It’s stuck in a lock box somewhere

great. so with the average being 8500 rounds per gun turned in

Go back to 4th grade and come back when you can explain how stupid that was.

heh - yep. my decimal was off 1 spot. need energy drink to kick in, my bad.

8500, 921....basically a rounding error. Once you eliminate the extra decimal place, then change all three of the remaining digits, you basically come out with the same answer.
well i went up not down with my "estimate" making it 8500, not 921. either way i should have said 850 not 8500, so i could have been still wrong, but right also.

so slam on me deserved.

I am a gun buff, a hunter and a shooter.

A bumpstock is a joke. It amounts to a ridiculous way to waste ammo and save targets from damage.
This is true, Bump stocks are a fucking joke I have never liked them. They have never sold very well till Vegas thanks to the progressives now they sell awesome

Unreal.

The reason

I'm not against firearms. Posted the video so it could be understood why bump stocks are being banned, whether you are for or against it.

For a regular gun owner a bump stock is a novelty if you want to waste a bunch of ammo. The asshole in the video used bump stocks and multiple guns to rain bullets. So this well publicized incident is the reason bump stocks are being banned.

Unreal.

The reason

I'm not against firearms. Posted the video so it could be understood why bump stocks are being banned, whether you are for or against it.

Bump stocks are harmless, there’s 1000 ways the same thing can be achieved without one

Forum List

Back