So, what if you threw a Bump Stock party and nobody showed up with a Bump Stock?

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
Unreal.

The City of Lincoln, Nebraska bans Bump Stocks because of all the paranoia from the left.

To be fair they decide to hold an amnesty day so that folks that owned them could legally dispose of them. Sounds great, right:

City Council Decision To Ban Bump Stocks Prompts Second L.P.D. Gun Amnesty Later This Month

The City Council decision to ban bump-stocks is prompting The Lincoln Police Department to again join with the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition for another Gun Amnesty day.

I guess it would have been great, IF ANYONE WOULD HAVE BROUGHT ONE IN:

LPD sponsors gun amnesty event following city council bump stock ban

While no bump stocks were turned in Saturday, the event, which was sponsored by LPD and the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition, resulted in 76 rifles and handguns, 70,000 rounds of ammunition and several containers of gunpowder being surrendered.

What was turned in, according to the picture in the article. What appears to be a few shotguns, a revolver and a semi automatic pistol, none of which are included in "common sense" gun control measures being offered up by the left.

Paranoia, once again, accomplished NOTHING.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

that's a lot of ammo per gun there.

Unreal.

The City of Lincoln, Nebraska bans Bump Stocks because of all the paranoia from the left.

To be fair they decide to hold an amnesty day so that folks that owned them could legally dispose of them. Sounds great, right:

City Council Decision To Ban Bump Stocks Prompts Second L.P.D. Gun Amnesty Later This Month

The City Council decision to ban bump-stocks is prompting The Lincoln Police Department to again join with the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition for another Gun Amnesty day.

While no bump stocks were turned in Saturday, the event, which was sponsored by LPD and the Lincoln/Lancaster County Suicide Prevention Coalition, resulted in 76 rifles and handguns, 70,000 rounds of ammunition and several containers of gunpowder being surrendered.

What was turned in, according to the picture in the article. What appears to be a few shotguns, a revolver and a semi automatic pistol, none of which are included in "common sense" gun control measures being offered up by the left.

The reason

Unreal.

The reason

Perfect example of fear mongering and knee jerking
One person uses a bump stock for something bad and bedwetters turn their bedrooms into the Pacific. Its so sad.

Unreal.

The reason

And this keeps you up at night in fear? Pity that the left has sunk so deep as to promote paranoia over something that happens so very rarely.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

To me, that sounds like a good haul. Good for them. Glad they're repeating it.
I wonder if the reason no bump stocks got turned in is because no one owned any. Haven't I read that they are not actually used by most rifle owners? A little known/unpopular attachment that no one knew about until the Las Vegas shooting.

Unreal.

The reason

One person uses a bump stock for something bad and bedwetters turn their bedrooms into the Pacific. Its so sad.

I'm not fear mongering. This is the reason. If this didn't happen most people wouldn't even know what a bump stock is.

Unreal.

The reason

I'm not fear mongering. This is the reason. If this didn't happen most people wouldn't even know what bump stocks are.

I wasnt referring t you.. I was referring to the regressive bedwetters that wanted this modification banned

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

I wonder if the reason no bump stocks got turned in is because no one owned any. Haven't I read that they are not actually used by most rifle owners? A little known/unpopular attachment that no one knew about until the Las Vegas shooting.
i honestly don't think too many people have them. if you actually use your AR for hunting and self defense, you DON'T want one cause they make the gun very erratic and you're just doing a spray and pray. it's a gimmick "toy" so to speak that quite honestly you can get the same effect with a rubber band.

but since the vegas shooter had one the tendency is to outlaw it and pretend it's common. it really isn't which is why no one really cares if they are outlawed, other than it's another shallow victory for the left that won't change anything.

just hard to imagine 9500 rounds per a gun turned in. i have to wonder about that number overall and if true, what type of rounds were actually turned in.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

But the council having been advised that it was unlikely that anyone owned one anyway, did what idiots normally do, banned the non existent.

I am a gun buff, a hunter and a shooter.

A bumpstock is a joke. It amounts to a ridiculous way to waste ammo and save targets from damage.

Unreal.

The reason

I'm not fear mongering. This is the reason. If this didn't happen most people wouldn't even know what a bump stock is.

Sorry, I took your post the wrong way as well.

Unreal.

The reason

And this keeps you up at night in fear? Pity that the left has sunk so deep as to promote paranoia over something that happens so very rarely.

No

For a regular gun owner a bump stock is a novelty if you want to waste a bunch of ammo. The asshole in the video used bump stocks and multiple guns to rain bullets. So this well publicized incident is the reason bump stocks are being banned.

Last edited:
76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

i honestly don't think too many people have them. if you actually use your AR for hunting and self defense, you DON'T want one cause they make the gun very erratic and you're just doing a spray and pray. it's a gimmick "toy" so to speak that quite honestly you can get the same effect with a rubber band.

but since the vegas shooter had one the tendency is to outlaw it and pretend it's common. it really isn't which is why no one really cares if they are outlawed, other than it's another shallow victory for the left that won't change anything.

just hard to imagine 9500 rounds per a gun turned in. i have to wonder about that number overall and if true, what type of rounds were actually turned in.
I sure wouldn't pooh-pooh the ammunition they collected. It's damned hard to shoot anyone without bullets.

76 overall guns.
70k ammo.

Go out to the practice range with 100 rounds and see how long it takes you to go through that. Someone who does that on a bi-weekly basis will go through 1000 rounds in a matter of months.

Unreal.

Bump stocks are for idiots and wannabees anyway.

Forum List

Back