Trump to ban bump stocks................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Okay, I've heard people on here before say that bump stocks shouldn't be illegal, because they are just simple modifications that don't really change the way the gun fires, just makes it easier to fire rapidly.

Why not say what it really is? Bump stocks are a way to make a semi automatic weapon into an automatic weapon.

But, Trump seems to be on the verge of actually doing something beneficial to this country. He has already started actions to make bump stocks and other modifications that allow for semi automatics to fire like full autos.

So, how do you gun nuts feel about your president now?

Oh......................and because I know you conservatives only believe FOX when it comes to news about Trump, that is who the link is to.

Trump urges ban on 'bump stocks,' other gun modifiers

President Trump on Tuesday directed Attorney General Jeff Sessions to craft new regulations to ban firearm modifiers including the “bump stock” used in the Las Vegas massacre, amid bipartisan calls to strengthen gun laws in the wake of recent shooting rampages.

During an event at the White House, the president announced he signed a memo ordering the regulations on “bump stocks” and told Sessions he wants new federal guidelines finalized “very soon.

Trump has no authority to do this.

You want a law passed go to congress. The constitution says "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states. " Trump can't write laws and neither can the supreme court or the attorney general or BATF. But they do it all the time and call it an "interpretation".

At least some, possibly many gun owners support banning bump stocks. They clearly are an attempt to do an end run around the law governing fully automatic weapons hence responsible law abiding gun owners should support getting rid of them. We can't defend them so this is also a gift to the anti gun lobby another reason to ban them.

Okay, I've heard people on here before say that bump stocks shouldn't be illegal, because they are just simple modifications that don't really change the way the gun fires, just makes it easier to fire rapidly.

Why not say what it really is? Bump stocks are a way to make a semi automatic weapon into an automatic weapon.

But, Trump seems to be on the verge of actually doing something beneficial to this country. He has already started actions to make bump stocks and other modifications that allow for semi automatics to fire like full autos.

Oh......................and because I know you conservatives only believe FOX when it comes to news about Trump, that is who the link is to.

President Trump on Tuesday directed Attorney General Jeff Sessions to craft new regulations to ban firearm modifiers including the “bump stock” used in the Las Vegas massacre, amid bipartisan calls to strengthen gun laws in the wake of recent shooting rampages.

During an event at the White House, the president announced he signed a memo ordering the regulations on “bump stocks” and told Sessions he wants new federal guidelines finalized “very soon.

he needs to tie it to National Reciprocity.

Give something, get something.

You want a law passed go to congress. The constitution says "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states. " Trump can't write laws and neither can the supreme court or the attorney general or BATF. But they do it all the time and call it an "interpretation".

No new law is required imo, its not even a loophole bump stocks basically turn a semi auto rifle into full auto. We gun owners are either going to abide by the law or not, lets not gift such an indefensible issue to the anti gun lobby.

Given your (the left) strategy of opposing everything Trump does or proposes, I'm just wondering how long it'll take you and your leaders to figure out a way to demonize him for it. Must put you guys in an uncomfortable position. It's something you wanted done, just not by Trump. My guess is you'll be criticizing him for it by the end of the week.

But, just a few months ago, you conservatives were saying how great it was that Trump was signing EO's at a record rate, and getting rid of Obama's stuff.

Now, you're opposed to them?

Remember folks, Communists/Democrats won't stop until they achieve a full ban on firearms. They won't stop at banning 'Bump-Stocks.' Any new laws restricting the right to bear arms, is a victory for the Anti-Constitution Communists/Democrats. I hope Trump doesn't fall into their trap.

AndfFolks really do need to check out the documentary 'Agenda.' You can catch it on places like Amazon Prime. Disarming Citizens is a big part of the Communist Agenda. They'll keep pushing and pushing until they get it done. Americans better be prepared to fight back.

But, just a few months ago, you conservatives were saying how great it was that Trump was signing EO's at a record rate, and getting rid of Obama's stuff.

Now, you're opposed to them?

To be fair there is a difference between an EO to cancel an existing one, and an EO to extrapolate on some existing law and create something new out of it.

Obama did mostly the latter. If Trump did the latter I am not a fan of it, just doing the former to get rid of bad EO's from Obama's time.

he needs to tie it to National Reciprocity.

Give something, get something.

You might be on to something Marty. Maybe Trump is getting rid of bump stocks as a way to appease those who want more gun regulations so that they don't go after the AR 15's.

Remember folks, Communists/Democrats won't stop until they achieve a full ban on firearms. They won't stop at banning 'Bump-Stocks.' Any new laws restricting the right to bear arms, is a victory for the Anti-Constitution Communists/Democrats. I hope Trump doesn't fall into their trap.

Then like I said, give it to them in return for National CCW reciprocity.

Given your (the left) strategy of opposing everything Trump does or proposes, I'm just wondering how long it'll take you and your leaders to figure out a way to demonize him for it. Must put you guys in an uncomfortable position. It's something you wanted done, just not by Trump. My guess is you'll be criticizing him for it by the end of the week.

Actually, if you had read my post, you would have seen where I think this is one of the first good things Trump has ever done.

AndfFolks really do need to check out the documentary 'Agenda.' You can catch it on places like Amazon Prime. Disarming Citizens is a big part of the Communist Agenda. They'll keep pushing and pushing until they get it done. Americans better be prepared to fight back.

Trump is letting all the hot air out of their demands for an assault rifle ban by getting rid of bump stocks and raising the age requirement for purchasing an assault rifle to 21. He just cut the Dem's off at the knees.

Republicans are going to do SOMETHING - but it will be absolutely insignificant without universal BG checks.

LaPierre and the boys simply won't let their blood money slaves go there .. they like selling guns too much DESPITE what their members want.

Poll: 97 percent support background checks for all gun buyers

DWg8mDeWAAI4te8.jpg

Never planned on buying one anyway.

I'll just use my belt.

Why Did the Obama admin approve the sale of bump stocks on at least 2 occasions?

What 2 occasions? Link?

Hahaha..... you didn't even know it.
Hilarious.

More to story on NRA's claim that Obama approved bump stocks

Your link says that Obama's administration couldn't ban the bump stocks because there were no moving parts to them, and therefore were exempt from the Gun Control Act and the National Firearm Act.

From your link.........................

But did Obama approve their legality? Sort of, but approved is probably the wrong word.

NRA spokeswoman Amy Hunter pointed us to a June 2010 approval letter from ATF, an agency under executive purview, sent to Slide Fire, a bump stock manufacturer. Spelling out the legal definition of a firearm, ATF’s technology chief John Spencer determined it was not regulated by law.

"The stock has no automatically functioning mechanical parts or springs and performs no automatic mechanical function when installed," Spencer wrote. "Accordingly, we find that the ‘bump-stock’ is a firearm part and is not regulated as a firearm under Gun Control Act or the National Firearms Act."

Bump stocks harness a weapon’s recoil to cause the user’s finger to squeeze the trigger repeatedly, but because they don’t alter the gun’s internal mechanisms, they were considered lawful.

We found a similar 2012 letter addressed to Bump Fire, a competing manufacturer.

But just as these bump stocks didn’t qualify for regulation, two similar devices did.

The difference? The Akins Accelerator and the Autoglove were determined in 2007 and 2017, respectively, to have mechanical parts that enhanced the trigger mechanism, making them by definition machineguns.

Why Did the Obama admin approve the sale of bump stocks on at least 2 occasions?

What 2 occasions? Link?

Hahaha..... you didn't even know it.
Hilarious.

More to story on NRA's claim that Obama approved bump stocks

Your link says that Obama's administration couldn't ban the bump stocks because there were no moving parts to them, and therefore were exempt from the Gun Control Act and the National Firearm Act.

From your link.........................

But did Obama approve their legality? Sort of, but approved is probably the wrong word.

NRA spokeswoman Amy Hunter pointed us to a June 2010 approval letter from ATF, an agency under executive purview, sent to Slide Fire, a bump stock manufacturer. Spelling out the legal definition of a firearm, ATF’s technology chief John Spencer determined it was not regulated by law.

"The stock has no automatically functioning mechanical parts or springs and performs no automatic mechanical function when installed," Spencer wrote. "Accordingly, we find that the ‘bump-stock’ is a firearm part and is not regulated as a firearm under Gun Control Act or the National Firearms Act."

Bump stocks harness a weapon’s recoil to cause the user’s finger to squeeze the trigger repeatedly, but because they don’t alter the gun’s internal mechanisms, they were considered lawful.

We found a similar 2012 letter addressed to Bump Fire, a competing manufacturer.

But just as these bump stocks didn’t qualify for regulation, two similar devices did.

The difference? The Akins Accelerator and the Autoglove were determined in 2007 and 2017, respectively, to have mechanical parts that enhanced the trigger mechanism, making them by definition machineguns.

Read: loophole

Forum List

Back