Not All Conservatives Thrilled About Romney VP Pick

Not all conservatives are thrilled with the Romney nomination either. This election just plain sucks. We get shit regardless of who we vote for. The only question will be is it Republican shit or Democrat shit, but then shit is shit.

Immie

I may be the only one here who sees a side to this team, that others would deny existed with politicians, and that is, each of them, to me, possess honor and integrity. I want that, especially after 4 years of Chicago politics.

You have more faith in Romney than I do. I don't see honor or integrity in him. I see arrogant elitist A'hole, but then, I see that in just about every politician. I admit, I may be biased or maybe it is just cynical.

Immie

i hear ya.....

i don't think it makes a difference. When you know Obama has failed us all miserably, then Romney and Ryan has to be our change and hope. I am voting for Romney, no doubt about it.

i don't think it makes a difference. When you know Obama has failed us all miserably, then Romney and Ryan has to be our change and hope. I am voting for Romney, no doubt about it.

Only a masochist would vote for more of Obama's, "it's too hard" whinny bullshit.

Like Romney and his five sons, Ryan never served his country in the military. Where's all that wingnut patriotism?

Seems to me that military service for a President was never important until Bush was elected..........

It's still not important, nice to have, but not a requirement.

BTW Ryan will do just fine. If the MSM gives him a fair shake.....

You're kidding right? Do you really think there is a chance in hell that will happen?

Immie

No, not really........

Lakhota you can always count on him to bend over for democrats, he's loves it that way!

By Howard Fineman

Despite general cheer among conservatives, some in that camp are apoplectic at Mitt Romney's choice of Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate, though they are reluctant to say so publicly.

Here -- anonymously, by his request -- is a critique of the choice by one of the country's most prominent and influential conservatives, who sent this analysis to close friends:

Here are some problems I see:

Vice president, at this moment, I don't see it. I believe when Ryan adds a top leadership job to his resume, like joining the Senate or becoming a governor, he would be presidential timber in the GOP. Today, in this election, he subtracts more than he adds.

This was supposed to be Mitt Romney's election to lose. Right now polls show he is losing. It's important to remember that Romney's top campaign staff were Charlie Crist's political staff. They took the most popular Republican governor in the U.S. and by the end of his first term, his campaign for Senate had not only crashed, Charlie Crist had to leave the Republican party! It was no surprise when I read in the New Republic that Mitt's chief strategist told folks he voted for Obama in 2008.​

Good Article/Much More: Howard Fineman: Rep. Paul Ryan VP Choice Draws Criticism From Some Conservatives

It's been a rare source of joy to watch the former Romney Bashers lining up behind him now. The "internet tough guy" BS is out the window when you see that they are all sows eating from the same trough.

I notice the birthers are coming back as of late. I think frustration is setting in. Pretty soon you'll be seeing the N-word. Why hold back?

By Howard Fineman

Despite general cheer among conservatives, some in that camp are apoplectic at Mitt Romney's choice of Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate, though they are reluctant to say so publicly.

Here -- anonymously, by his request -- is a critique of the choice by one of the country's most prominent and influential conservatives, who sent this analysis to close friends:

Here are some problems I see:

Vice president, at this moment, I don't see it. I believe when Ryan adds a top leadership job to his resume, like joining the Senate or becoming a governor, he would be presidential timber in the GOP. Today, in this election, he subtracts more than he adds.

This was supposed to be Mitt Romney's election to lose. Right now polls show he is losing. It's important to remember that Romney's top campaign staff were Charlie Crist's political staff. They took the most popular Republican governor in the U.S. and by the end of his first term, his campaign for Senate had not only crashed, Charlie Crist had to leave the Republican party! It was no surprise when I read in the New Republic that Mitt's chief strategist told folks he voted for Obama in 2008.​

Good Article/Much More: Howard Fineman: Rep. Paul Ryan VP Choice Draws Criticism From Some Conservatives

It's been a rare source of joy to watch the former Romney Bashers lining up behind him now. The "internet tough guy" BS is out the window when you see that they are all sows eating from the same trough.

I notice the birthers are coming back as of late. I think frustration is setting in. Pretty soon you'll be seeing the N-word. Why hold back?

All you ever see leftist bullshit candy. Every post you make is from an extreme left slant. For that reason you post crap about how Obama is going to sail into a second term easily and the dems are might take the house and make gains in the senate. All while NOTHING supports anything you say whatsoever.

IOW, you haven’t noticed a damn thing. You just see whatever bullshit you want to see. That’s good though. The more of you there are, the BETTER the chances are for the right. Blindness does not help anything.

The article requires an IQ above Forrest Gump level...

Romney was below that level with this choice; a 42 year old no holds barred CAREER politician who spends more scrambling for for press than accomplishing anything; Bachmann, Newt,* King, and Santorum are the only Republicans that come to mind that are worse than he. Has HE ever held a job but professional politician?

*Newt might even be better, Romney is clean enough to average out his slutty behavior, and Newt is intelligent. Ryan is nothing more that a frequent yipping media face, and not a good looking one either. Bad, bad choice. Mr. WHO NEEDS MEDICARE has the appeal of road kill ferret, and a face to match.

And of course, as he has been a full time politician since age 27, he had other priorities than military service; he was young enough when the Afghan war began to serve, but the wine selection in Afghanistan did not meet his "standards". He has been known to go through thousands of bucks in one night, with $250-1000 bottles pouring on & on.

If we needed an expert on fine wine as VP, he'd be a great choice; we do not however.

All you ever see leftist bullshit candy. Every post you make is from an extreme left slant.
You obviously don't read all my posts. I'll help you with the big words if you need it.

For that reason you post crap about how Obama is going to sail into a second term easily and the dems are might take the house and make gains in the senate. All while NOTHING supports anything you say whatsoever.
Well, in the first place, I don't recall ever stating that the Dems are going to take back the House. The Senate is looking interesting with Brown and Warren being in a close race. Carmona and Flake look pretty close. Snowe screwed ya'll in Maine and the frontrunner there--the governor will caucus with the Democrats. I don't think I ever said they will "make gains" in the Senate. In fact, I stated several times that the GOP should consider disbanding if they don't take back the Senate given how many dems are defending.

As for the POTUS race, Obama has an electoral lock. Feel free to look it up yourself.

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College
ElectoralVote

Everything I said was supported by data.

IOW, you haven’t noticed a damn thing.
I've noticed you've made two erroneous statements in this post alone.

You just see whatever bullshit you want to see. That’s good though. The more of you there are, the BETTER the chances are for the right. Blindness does not help anything.

Care to make it interesting? A simple sig line bet.

If Obama wins, you change your sig line to the following: "All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President." And agree to keep it there until 1/1/13

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to the following, "All Hail President Romney, Your President, My President, Our President." Except I agree to keep it there until 12/31/13.

Font size 3, bold type face, arial font, in blue.

I have a bet with "teapartysamurai" already so I'm willing to give you 14 months to your 6 weeks as a sweetner.

Lets see just how confident you are.

Time to put on your tap shoes lady.

The screams from the Left tell me Romney made the right pick. Who would the Dums on this site have preferred? Most of them were rooting for Sarah Palin.
This will be a landslide for Romney. People are fed up with out of control government spending and amateur hour in the White House. Bring the professionals in and let's get America working again.

The screams from the Left tell me Romney made the right pick. Who would the Dums on this site have preferred? Most of them were rooting for Sarah Palin.
This will be a landslide for Romney. People are fed up with out of control government spending and amateur hour in the White House. Bring the professionals in and let's get America working again.

You morons said the same thing about Bachman, Cain, Perry (remember him), Gingrich, and Santorum. Obama supporters were not scared then and they're not mildly concerned about the VP nominee. People don't vote for the VP and the Governor is more than qualified to sink his campaign on his own.

Perry​

With Joe foot in the mouth Biden obama is in a world of trouble if the VP is the most important thing a president will have to pick?
Along with the bad economy obama will be a goner.

You morons said the same thing about Bachman, Cain, Perry (remember him), Gingrich, and Santorum. Obama supporters were not scared then and they're not mildly concerned about the VP nominee. People don't vote for the VP and the Governor is more than qualified to sink his campaign on his own.

Perry​

Who said teh same thing about any of the primary runners? What was "the same thing"?
About 9 months ago the theme was the GOP was tearing itself apart with the primaries and they couldn't possibly be unified in time for the election.
Now we have Romney beating the shit out of Obama in fundraising. Things will be better from here.

It would be interesting to know if Romney even considered any of the other presidential candidates, the ones he debated. Apparently Romney places them in the loser catagory as did the Republicans. I also wonder if Romney considers the Ryan budget a loser too.

It would be interesting to know if Romney even considered any of the other presidential candidates, the ones he debated. Apparently Romney places them in the loser catagory as did the Republicans. I also wonder if Romney considers the Ryan budget a loser too.

Halpren/Heilmann is working on a book I think (They wrote Game Change); should be out April of next year and we can see what he's thinking.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back