Not All Conservatives Thrilled About Romney VP Pick

The screams from the Left tell me Romney made the right pick. Who would the Dums on this site have preferred? Most of them were rooting for Sarah Palin.
This will be a landslide for Romney. People are fed up with out of control government spending and amateur hour in the White House. Bring the professionals in and let's get America working again.

You morons said the same thing about Bachman, Cain, Perry (remember him), Gingrich, and Santorum. Obama supporters were not scared then and they're not mildly concerned about the VP nominee. People don't vote for the VP and the Governor is more than qualified to sink his campaign on his own.

Perry​

Who said teh same thing about any of the primary runners? What was "the same thing"?
About 9 months ago the theme was the GOP was tearing itself apart with the primaries and they couldn't possibly be unified in time for the election.
Now we have Romney beating the shit out of Obama in fundraising. Things will be better from here.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/196894-you-know-the-democrats-are-running-scared-when.html

The screams from the Left tell me Romney made the right pick. Who would the Dums on this site have preferred? Most of them were rooting for Sarah Palin.
This will be a landslide for Romney. People are fed up with out of control government spending and amateur hour in the White House. Bring the professionals in and let's get America working again.

You morons said the same thing about Bachman, Cain, Perry (remember him), Gingrich, and Santorum. Obama supporters were not scared then and they're not mildly concerned about the VP nominee. People don't vote for the VP and the Governor is more than qualified to sink his campaign on his own.

Perry​

Who said teh same thing about any of the primary runners? What was "the same thing"?
About 9 months ago the theme was the GOP was tearing itself apart with the primaries and they couldn't possibly be unified in time for the election.
Now we have Romney beating the shit out of Obama in fundraising. Things will be better from here.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/198817-the-further-up-a-pole-a-monkey-gets.html#post4537304

Perry​

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/196894-you-know-the-democrats-are-running-scared-when.html

If they were scared then, they're terrified now. It looks like a wave coming that will make 2010 seem mild. It will be nothing less than the extermination of the Democrats from political life. And they deserve every speck of it.

If they were scared then, they're terrified now. It looks like a wave coming that will make 2010 seem mild. It will be nothing less than the extermination of the Democrats from political life. And they deserve every speck of it.

Obama has an electoral lock and is comfortably ahead in several swing states.
If you were REALLY this confident, you'd agree to the wager.

Sez who?
I dont believe in juvenile wagers.
I've been confident enough to send the Romney campaign money, something I've never done before. You?

Sez who?
I dont believe in juvenile wagers.
I've been confident enough to send the Romney campaign money, something I've never done before. You?

Every comprehensive state-by-state poll. You don't believe in it because you're a frightened little girl when it comes to standing up for what you believe. In other words; a pussy.

Yeah, just like Romney did as governor... BTW, where are those tax returns?

Dems have their panties in a bunch, before, we heard all GOP walk lockstep, the GOP has no differing opinions. Now they cry about the division in the party.

The comedy is great.

Especially duhkota.

Yeah, just like Romney did as governor... BTW, where are those tax returns?

From politifact:

Romney is correct that Massachusetts was losing jobs month after month for nearly a year before he took office. Those losses stabilized in his first year, and the state then began to see job growth. According to BLS statistics, over the entirety of Romney's term in office, the ranks of Massachusetts' employed went from 3,224,600 to 3,270,400. That’s a 1.4 percent increase. However, that was far slower growth than the national average, 5.3 percent. In fact, as Perry and Huntsman correctly pointed out at the debate, Massachusetts ranked 47th in job growth over the length of Romney's term. The only states that did worse: Louisiana, Michigan and Ohio.

As for Romney's boast that unemployment in Massachusetts dropped under his watch, that's true. The unemployment rate went from 5.6 percent in January 2003 to 4.6 in January 2007. But that's not such a dramatic swing when viewed against the national backdrop. Massachusetts' unemployment rate was slightly better than the national unemployment rate of 5.8 percent when Romney took office and was roughly the same as the national rate when he left office.

In spite of Polcrapfacts spin...at least they admit...it dropped.

It's been a rare source of joy to watch the former Romney Bashers lining up behind him now. The "internet tough guy" BS is out the window when you see that they are all sows eating from the same trough.

I notice the birthers are coming back as of late. I think frustration is setting in. Pretty soon you'll be seeing the N-word. Why hold back?

All you ever see leftist bullshit candy. Every post you make is from an extreme left slant.
You obviously don't read all my posts. I'll help you with the big words if you need it.

Well, in the first place, I don't recall ever stating that the Dems are going to take back the House. The Senate is looking interesting with Brown and Warren being in a close race. Carmona and Flake look pretty close. Snowe screwed ya'll in Maine and the frontrunner there--the governor will caucus with the Democrats. I don't think I ever said they will "make gains" in the Senate. In fact, I stated several times that the GOP should consider disbanding if they don't take back the Senate given how many dems are defending.

As for the POTUS race, Obama has an electoral lock. Feel free to look it up yourself.

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College
ElectoralVote

Everything I said was supported by data.

IOW, you haven’t noticed a damn thing.
I've noticed you've made two erroneous statements in this post alone.

You just see whatever bullshit you want to see. That’s good though. The more of you there are, the BETTER the chances are for the right. Blindness does not help anything.

Care to make it interesting? A simple sig line bet.

If Obama wins, you change your sig line to the following: "All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President." And agree to keep it there until 1/1/13

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to the following, "All Hail President Romney, Your President, My President, Our President." Except I agree to keep it there until 12/31/13.

Font size 3, bold type face, arial font, in blue.

I have a bet with "teapartysamurai" already so I'm willing to give you 14 months to your 6 weeks as a sweetner.

Lets see just how confident you are.

Time to put on your tap shoes lady.

No point. I never said I thought Romney was going to win. It is going to be a tough election though and Romney does have a chance in taking this. A lot is going to depend on what happens in the next couple of months and where the economy goes from here. The difference is that you seem to think he is going to sail on into the election and win with a landslide and no real opposition. That is false. The election is far from over and both candidates have a chance at taking this. YOU might be confident in Obama, I am not confident in either of the idiots trying for the POTUS.

By the way: I actually am not voting for Romney (at least at this point) and cannot be considered a Romney supporter so I don’t know how winning the bet is any plus here.

All you ever see leftist bullshit candy. Every post you make is from an extreme left slant.
You obviously don't read all my posts. I'll help you with the big words if you need it.

Well, in the first place, I don't recall ever stating that the Dems are going to take back the House. The Senate is looking interesting with Brown and Warren being in a close race. Carmona and Flake look pretty close. Snowe screwed ya'll in Maine and the frontrunner there--the governor will caucus with the Democrats. I don't think I ever said they will "make gains" in the Senate. In fact, I stated several times that the GOP should consider disbanding if they don't take back the Senate given how many dems are defending.

As for the POTUS race, Obama has an electoral lock. Feel free to look it up yourself.

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College
ElectoralVote

Everything I said was supported by data.

I've noticed you've made two erroneous statements in this post alone.

You just see whatever bullshit you want to see. That’s good though. The more of you there are, the BETTER the chances are for the right. Blindness does not help anything.

Care to make it interesting? A simple sig line bet.

If Obama wins, you change your sig line to the following: "All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President." And agree to keep it there until 1/1/13

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to the following, "All Hail President Romney, Your President, My President, Our President." Except I agree to keep it there until 12/31/13.

Font size 3, bold type face, arial font, in blue.

I have a bet with "teapartysamurai" already so I'm willing to give you 14 months to your 6 weeks as a sweetner.

Lets see just how confident you are.

Time to put on your tap shoes lady.

No point. I never said I thought Romney was going to win. It is going to be a tough election though and Romney does have a chance in taking this. A lot is going to depend on what happens in the next couple of months and where the economy goes from here. The difference is that you seem to think he is going to sail on into the election and win with a landslide and no real opposition. That is false. The election is far from over and both candidates have a chance at taking this. YOU might be confident in Obama, I am not confident in either of the idiots trying for the POTUS.

By the way: I actually am not voting for Romney (at least at this point) and cannot be considered a Romney supporter so I don’t know how winning the bet is any plus here.

Ahh, okay. You're offended by my confidence. Sorry. That ship has sailed.

]
He has no foreign policy experience, no military experience, no business experience and has never been a mayor or a governor, so no executive experience.

neither did the guy sitting in the big chair now....:eusa_eh:

What brain disease do you guys suffer from that you think the answer to ANY criticism is to say something bad about Obama.

Obama's in teh chair now, he won an election to get there and a nomination.

Ryan is on the ticket because Romney let himself get rolled by the Weekly Standard.
Just allow me to point out one of the big talking points about Palin from the left was she did not have the experience to be President if something happened to McCain alright fair now your gripe about Ryan no foreign policy experience, no military experience, no business experience and has never been a mayor or a governor, so no executive experience. So these are concerns from the left about the last and current VP picks yet the left was and did support a man for President who had served no longer in the Senate than Palin did as Governor and in fact served less time in Congress than Ryan has and in 2008 had no foreign policy, military, business, or executive experience. The next time anyone wants to bring any of these up about Ryan take off the partisan glasses and think long and hard about the fact in 2008 you supported and elected a man to the Presidency who lacked the exact same qualifications you deem so important now.

And that might have been a good argument- in 2008.

Unfortunately, McCain blew the experience argument when he picked a running-mate with even less experience than Obama had. And was dumber than a box of rocks. All to please a bunch of people who never liked him to begin with.

Now Obama's got 4 years of being president under his belt, expereince only four other living people have. So that argument is even weaker.

But Romney has picked a vice president based on pleasing people who don't like him to start with, and not the most important reason to pick a vice president- what if I died in office?

Romney still has more executive experience than Obama. ANd has a better track record as well.

He was polling so bad in Massachuesetts he didn't even TRY to get a second term.

Oh, yeah, and he won't even try to win his "HOme" state this time.

And Ryan won't help him win Wisconsin.

The last time a ticket lost both candidates home states? McGovern-Schreiber- 1972.

Romney still has more executive experience than Obama. ANd has a better track record as well.

He was polling so bad in Massachuesetts he didn't even TRY to get a second term.

The last time a ticket lost both candidates home states? McGovern-Schreiber- 1972.

Oh well they might as well just give up. Never mind they are kicking ass in contributions, well over what Team Obama is doing.

Oh well they might as well just give up. Never mind they are kicking ass in contributions, well over what Team Obama is doing.

Um, yeah. Romney had a shitload of money in 2008. And he lost to Huckabee and McCain running on shoestring budgets.

And he had a shitload of money in the primaries, and still lost Deep Red States to Santorum and Gingrich. The only thing that saved him were establishment republicans in Blue states.

So he's getting a bunch of money from Wall Street types, who will hedge their bets and start giving Obama money in September (which is what they did in 2008 when it was obvious Obama was going to win.)

All the money in the world can't give Mitt Romney a soul.

I think the ironic thing about the Ryan Pick is that the Republican Establishment (again, where is Jake Starkey?) fought like mad to keep the Tea Party or someone the Tea Party liked from winning in the primaries. They sandbagged Perry, slimed Herman Cain, attacked Newt and slandered Santorum just to make sure they stayed in charge.

And now Romney has "outsourced" his campaign to Ryan and the Tea-Party... Probably couldn't find any Mexicans who wanted to do it, for Pete's Sake.

Like Romney and his five sons, Ryan never served his country in the military. Where's all that wingnut patriotism?

Seems to me that military service for a President was never important until Bush was elected..........

It's still not important, nice to have, but not a requirement.

BTW Ryan will do just fine. If the MSM gives him a fair shake.....

You seem to have forgotten all the blasts against Clinton for not serving..and Kerry FOR serving.

I think the ironic thing about the Ryan Pick is that the Republican Establishment (again, where is Jake Starkey?) fought like mad to keep the Tea Party or someone the Tea Party liked from winning in the primaries. They sandbagged Perry, slimed Herman Cain, attacked Newt and slandered Santorum just to make sure they stayed in charge.

And now Romney has "outsourced" his campaign to Ryan and the Tea-Party... Probably couldn't find any Mexicans who wanted to do it, for Pete's Sake.

That's an interesting fantasy. You ought to see someone about it.

That's an interesting fantasy. You ought to see someone about it.

Come on, you were a Perry supporter. You saw how the GOP establishment turned on the guy... But I guess you have to pretend that didn't happen.

Kind of like the abused wife who explains away the black eye by saying she ran into a door.

Now that Romney has floundered and failed to get the center, he's coming back to you with flowers and candy....

Forum List

Back