Not All Conservatives Thrilled About Romney VP Pick

By Howard Fineman

Despite general cheer among conservatives, some in that camp are apoplectic at Mitt Romney's choice of Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate, though they are reluctant to say so publicly.

Here -- anonymously, by his request -- is a critique of the choice by one of the country's most prominent and influential conservatives, who sent this analysis to close friends:

Here are some problems I see:
Vice president, at this moment, I don't see it. I believe when Ryan adds a top leadership job to his resume, like joining the Senate or becoming a governor, he would be presidential timber in the GOP. Today, in this election, he subtracts more than he adds.

This was supposed to be Mitt Romney's election to lose. Right now polls show he is losing. It's important to remember that Romney's top campaign staff were Charlie Crist's political staff. They took the most popular Republican governor in the U.S. and by the end of his first term, his campaign for Senate had not only crashed, Charlie Crist had to leave the Republican party! It was no surprise when I read in the New Republic that Mitt's chief strategist told folks he voted for Obama in 2008.​
Good Article/Much More: Howard Fineman: Rep. Paul Ryan VP Choice Draws Criticism From Some Conservatives

Wait, I thought us right wingers were all extremists, and that we all marched in lock step. You just made yourself stupid,as usual.

Paul "Ayn Rand" Ryan will serve a very useful purpose - to remind voters of the GOP WAR on the following:

Poor

Middle Class

Women

Obama​

Maybe with Koolaid Drinking Left wing Ignorant lemmings like yourself He will.

I love how the Left keeps saying how Ryan will alienate the Independents... Yeah good try. Most Independents are Fiscal Conservatives dip Shits. Ryan as VP is a Huge Bone thrown out to Fiscal Conservatives.

Don't let this display of apparent Confidence from the left fool you, They know but will not admit, that Ryan was a great pick, and this is going to be a Tough race, It's not in the bag for anyone. So don't let them succeed in their attempts to try and make an Obama Win seem inevitable, it's not and they know it, that's why they are going full speed with the Attacks on Ryan, they are afraid.

Like Romney and his five sons, Ryan never served his country in the military. Where's all that wingnut patriotism?

Seems to me that military service for a President was never important until Bush was elected..........

It's still not important, nice to have, but not a requirement.

BTW Ryan will do just fine. If the MSM gives him a fair shake.....

Like Romney and his five sons, Ryan never served his country in the military. Where's all that wingnut patriotism?

obama-muslim-garb.jpg

Here's your answer, Lakhota. All the right wingnut patriotism is too busy looking at pictures of Obama on the internet.

Not all conservatives are thrilled with the Romney nomination either. This election just plain sucks. We get shit regardless of who we vote for. The only question will be is it Republican shit or Democrat shit, but then shit is shit.

Immie

I may be the only one here who sees a side to this team, that others would deny existed with politicians, and that is, each of them, to me, possess honor and integrity. I want that, especially after 4 years of Chicago politics.

Seems to me that military service for a President was never important until Bush was elected..........

A Military Record is really only helpful if you were a leader of some kind. IMO anyways. Sure it's nice if they served, but there are other ways to serve, What I want to know is how do they do under pressure, how do they lead.

With Romney I am not sure, But I am pretty Confident Ryan is a strong leader.

WHY would Romney pick a radical lightning rod like Paul "Ayn Rand" Ryan? Did he consult with McCain?

There is no doubt that Ryan represents "Game Change" - but I doubt the way Romney had hoped.

However, I sincerely thank Romney for this gift to Democrats.

]
He has no foreign policy experience, no military experience, no business experience and has never been a mayor or a governor, so no executive experience.

neither did the guy sitting in the big chair now....:eusa_eh:

What brain disease do you guys suffer from that you think the answer to ANY criticism is to say something bad about Obama.

Obama's in teh chair now, he won an election to get there and a nomination.

Ryan is on the ticket because Romney let himself get rolled by the Weekly Standard.
what brain disease do you have Joe?.....you put a guys qualifications down when the guy there now was in the same fucking boat when he ran......and if you think i said something bad about Obama.....you defiantly have a fucking brain disease......either that or you are emotional pussy.....

]
He has no foreign policy experience, no military experience, no business experience and has never been a mayor or a governor, so no executive experience.

neither did the guy sitting in the big chair now....:eusa_eh:

What brain disease do you guys suffer from that you think the answer to ANY criticism is to say something bad about Obama.

Obama's in teh chair now, he won an election to get there and a nomination.

Ryan is on the ticket because Romney let himself get rolled by the Weekly Standard.
Just allow me to point out one of the big talking points about Palin from the left was she did not have the experience to be President if something happened to McCain alright fair now your gripe about Ryan no foreign policy experience, no military experience, no business experience and has never been a mayor or a governor, so no executive experience. So these are concerns from the left about the last and current VP picks yet the left was and did support a man for President who had served no longer in the Senate than Palin did as Governor and in fact served less time in Congress than Ryan has and in 2008 had no foreign policy, military, business, or executive experience. The next time anyone wants to bring any of these up about Ryan take off the partisan glasses and think long and hard about the fact in 2008 you supported and elected a man to the Presidency who lacked the exact same qualifications you deem so important now.

You're kidding right? Do you really think there is a chance in hell that will happen?

Immie

Not all conservatives are thrilled with the Romney nomination either. This election just plain sucks. We get shit regardless of who we vote for. The only question will be is it Republican shit or Democrat shit, but then shit is shit.

Immie

I may be the only one here who sees a side to this team, that others would deny existed with politicians, and that is, each of them, to me, possess honor and integrity. I want that, especially after 4 years of Chicago politics.

You have more faith in Romney than I do. I don't see honor or integrity in him. I see arrogant elitist A'hole, but then, I see that in just about every politician. I admit, I may be biased or maybe it is just cynical.

Immie

Last edited:
Let Me get this straight.

A fucking progressive is posting an article about alleged conservatives, who aren't happy?

And I'm supposed to give this any credence?

Hmm..speaking of which....*turns to youtube for some CCR*.....

thats how much I fucking care.

Forum List

Back