No Romney Sons in Service and Mitt Dodged Vietnam

I'm sure Romney registered as well.
This is about Romney and Obama. Neither of them fought, so suddenly it is ok for Obama but not Romney? Did Obama ever serve in mission work?

There was a draft and an active war going on during Romney lifetime he could have fought in and fully supported. He didn't. He went to France where he got into an auto accident, killing his passenger.

Romney fully supported the war in Vietnam. Romney fully supported sending other men in his place. Romney went to France while his country was at war. Romney got into an accident killing his passenger.

What part of that compares to Obama?

what they hell? Left quite a bit out there didn't you? Romney's car was hit by a drunk driver. And I would think that you would think that Romney was right, to go work to help others as the Peace Corp does, but no, because he is running for President with an R after his name, he is a bad apple. Let's see, Kerry got how many deferments (to go to school not to go help others)? Was it 4?

By who's account? No tests were done. And the driver of the other car was a Catholic Priest.

And he didn't go to help others. He went to a industrialized, rich nation to evangelize Mormonism.

Kerry went to Vietnam..fought bravely for this country and Republicans denigrated his service.

How many on this thread have given anything back to their Country? I would bet many on this thread, especially this OP, have only taken from their Country. Takers are in no position to criticize others on issues like this.

phoney partiots SMEARED Kerry for being a war hero

and you are one of those that never researched the facts of his service. Nor did you care when he made horrendous accusations against those serving for his on self serving purposes, sullying those that were serving with integrity and courageousness.

the dems got us in mywar vietnam. made a vow I would never vote for one again after that fiasco.
Hey.....c'mon.....how ya' gonna support Republicans' Pro-Colonialism agenda, if you're afraid of a lil' War, now-and-then??!!!

:eusa_eh:

"U.S. involvement in Vietnam during World War II saw the Vietnamese as our allies. A group of OSS agents (later to become the CIA) made contact with anti-Japanese guerrillas in Southeast Asia. The French who had controlled the area were the "Vichy" French who, with their Nazi leanings, supported the Japanese. Of the different Vietnamese nationalists, only the Viet Minh under Ho Chi Minh led the national network of underground organizations and guerrillas fighting.

Ho Chi Minh met with the U.S. operative, Major Patti, and they agreed on joint anti-Japanese actions. The U.S. dropped supplies behind the lines to Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh helped Americans downed behind Japanese lines. The first American advisors helped train, equip and arm the Viet Minh. In 1945, the Democratic Republic of Vietnam was formed with Ho Chi Minh as the first President. American planes flew over Hanoi in celebration of the founding. The Vietnamese Declaration of Independence echoed that of the U.S.: "All men are created equal. They are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...This immortal statement is extracted from the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America in 1776. Understood in the broader sense this means: All people on earth are born equal. Every person has the right to live, to be happy, and free."

Ho Chi Minh asked the Americans to honor their commitment to independence, citing the Atlantic Charter and the U.N. Charter on self-determination. However, by the end of the war, the U.S. government had begun to redirect its foreign policy from the wartime goal of the liberation of all occupied countries and colonies to the postwar anti-communist crusade, which became the Cold War. In France, where communists had led the resistance to the Nazi occupation, American policy supported General Charles de Gaulle and his anti-communist "Free French." De Gaulle aimed to restore the glory of France, which meant the return of all former French colonies. U.S. relations with the Vietnamese turned sour. President Truman refused to answer letters or cables from Ho. Instead, the U.S. began to ship military aid to the French forces in Indochina."

The war in Afghanistan is now in its 11th year and the five Romney boys -- now in their early 30s to early 40s -- have been of prime military age all the while. But like most of today's political leadership, Ann Romney has never sent a single son, much less four or five of them, to war.

When asked in 2007, during his first run for the presidency, about his sons' lack of military service, Mitt Romney responded, "One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected because they think I'd be a great president."

Cynthia Wachtell: Ann Romney, Military Mom? No Romney Sons in Service and Mitt Dodged Vietnam

I bet he would not hesitate to send your children to war with iran. I bet they have a lot of bullets to dodge while helping him get elected.
5 draft dodgers in a family of 6? My question is why didn't they go? Are they exempt because they are Mormons?
As a religious person myself, I don't wanna wave that stick around to bash him with.

Instead, I'd go with the angle of the typical RW war-mongering. You are correct, his ideaology is quick to send OTHER's sons to war, but themselves...not-so-much.

Yeah.....he's quite the......

.....alright.​

Obama in Uniform

obama-muslim-garb.jpg

five-biden-draft-vietnam-2012-obama-politics-1343661155.jpg

The war in Afghanistan is now in its 11th year and the five Romney boys -- now in their early 30s to early 40s -- have been of prime military age all the while. But like most of today's political leadership, Ann Romney has never sent a single son, much less four or five of them, to war.

When asked in 2007, during his first run for the presidency, about his sons' lack of military service, Mitt Romney responded, "One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected because they think I'd be a great president."

Cynthia Wachtell: Ann Romney, Military Mom? No Romney Sons in Service and MitDodged Vietnam

I bet he would not hesitate to send your children to war with iran. I bet they have a lot of bullets to dodge while helping him get elected.
5 draft dogers in a family of 6? My question is why didn't they go? Are they exempt because they are Mormons?

I'm a vietnam era veteran and a Mormon.

i.e.....you not a COMBAT-vet.

What's your point?

Give it a rest. Mitt didn't dodge shit. And I doubt you served so who are you to tell his kids what they should be doing? That was rhetorical btw.

Yes, actually he did. He hid out in Paris, living on daddy's money and going door to door, thumping on his book of mormon.

What makes this an issue is that neither he nor his running mate have any real experience or knowledge about war or world politics.

Except that Ryan did say he had voted repeatedly to send our soldiers to their death or maiming. Oh yeah, Ryan didn't serve either.

Both want a war, both want to spend more on our already enormously bloated military and both want to take basic benefits away from our vets.

rw's here are against the work that our First and Second Ladies have done on behalf of our vets and their families. IMO, that makes them just as bad as RobMe and Robin.

BTW, Robert McNamara was a pub.

Cynthia Wachtell: Ann Romney, Military Mom? No Romney Sons in Service and Mitt Dodged Vietnam

5 draft dodgers in a family of 6? My question is why didn't they go? Are they exempt because they are Mormons?
As a religious person myself, I don't wanna wave that stick around to bash him with.

Instead, I'd go with the angle of the typical RW war-mongering. You are correct, his ideaology is quick to send OTHER's sons to war, but themselves...not-so-much.

This is not good. Not good for anybody.

Kinda like how democrats sent people to Vietnam, but once the college deferment ended, democrats dopped off in droves.....hmmmm

Gee......that almost made sense.

:cuckoo:

Hmmmm.... Lemme see.... What is our troops' death toll in the M.E. since the Messiah took office? Just the middle east. Do NOT include that terrori..., er, uh, disgruntled worker, at Fort Hood.

Lemme see....who started the fucking war?

Id say muslims and Hussein......for flying planes into our buildings and Hussein for not complying with 17 UN resolutions......
Wow.....are you that fuckin' stupid?

Give it a rest. Mitt didn't dodge shit. And I doubt you served so who are you to tell his kids what they should be doing? That was rhetorical btw.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvv2T4jttXA]Mitt Romney - Fortunate Son Protested Against the Anti-War Protesters - YouTube[/ame]​

I'm a vietnam era veteran and a Mormon. Some of my friends are still over there
Why don't you read ar15.com and read some of the threads about the disproportionate number of Mormons that are in special forces

what an ass you are.

Three generations of Romney's never served in the military. Bunch of fucking sissies.

Yeah, so that means democrats are 95% sissies then? Or better yet backstabbers like Kerry

Try to catch-up, there, Skippy..... :eusa_hand:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j4AP2GW7Ac]Dick Cavett Show pt.1of 6 - YouTube[/ame]​

No kidding PAlin sent her son to war...and no props from the libtards....hmmmmm....one might think it's just a political ploy from these people.......how bout that.

And Obama brought his ass home alive and not in flag drapped pine box. She should be kissing obama's black ass.
That's not gonna happen....with a "daughter" of Idaho (home o' the ARYAN Nation).

5 draft dogers in a family of 6? My question is why didn't they go? Are they exempt because they are Mormons?

Ah...we don't have a draft, Lil...kind of hard to "dodge" something that doesn't exist. Duh?

You have outdone yourself, which I did not think possible.

If there is no draft, you cannot be a draft dodger, you stupid, stupid, stupid idiot.

If there is a draft, but you were not drafted, you cannot be a draft dodger, you stupid, stupid, stupid idiot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGit_tZDqs]Generation Chickenhawk: With The College Republicans - YouTube[/ame]​

Ah...we don't have a draft, Lil...kind of hard to "dodge" something that doesn't exist. Duh?

Twits like LilOlLady don't really understand the meaning of terms like "draft dodger." They just fling insults around that they don't understand in the hope that something will stick.

Forum List

Back