No abortion for rape victims

I'm not labeling you, I'm describing you. You do deserve it, for the stupid things you say about women and children. From not caring about women being tortured and killed in the middle east, to your callous comments about the unborn, and indeed, your over the top offensive comment about a light sentence for the little girl brutally abused in the other thread....your comments are disgusting and show a complete lack of compassion or regard for life. Even your comments about your DOGS show that you are uncaring and self absorbed. I don't find you repugnant because we have different views..I find you repugnant because you say horrific things. I'm sorry nobody has ever said that to you before. But your comments show a lack of character and a shallowness or absence of soul.

Of course I care about women ho are raped and killed in overseas countries. I am sorry you assume otherwise, but they have nothing to do with this subject, which is why I am getting a bit pissed off.
My opinion on abortion does not make me a horrible person, I simply have a differing opinion to you.

The dogs are NOT MINE. They do not belong to me. They simply live in my house.

I find you to be appalling at times, but I have never, and WOULD NEVER, say you were a horrible person because of it. I hate some of your opinions, but I would never say that I hated you because of those opinions.

I actually have respect for you, no matter what you think of me. Shame you don't have the same.

I assume otherwise because you sneeringly dismissed them, after it was stupidly stated that nobody had to choose between rape and the lives of loved ones. You asked what they have to do with YOU. Well they have nothing to do with YOU, not everything has something to do with YOU....but that was the example of the situation that it was said didn't exist.

I'm not a horrible person. I hope you aren't. But the things you write make my blood run cold. I don't know if you're really young and just don't know how you come across or what, but that degree of disdain for the life and well being of others is a serious character flaw that honestly you should address and quick. People sometimes have to make themselves care about other beings, they aren't always hardwired to do it...usually parents will catch this in children and can shape them as they raise them and help them to grow into somewhat empathetic people, eventually. But for some people, for whatever reason it doesn't take root. I don't see any empathy in you. Maybe you're just projecting what you think is a tough persona, or maybe it's just that you aren't able to relate that part of your personality through the written word...I hope so. But people are going to react negatively to it. People don't like to hear/read about how it's okay to allow someone else to be hurt if you think they would suffer less than you would...people don't like to hear that you think a particularly cold and brutal child abuser should just get a slap on the wrist...people don't like to hear someone talking about how they think a dog should be grateful to them....these aren't endearing characteristics.

But if you KNEW that all that person would get was a scratch. If you had no idea the injury they would sustain, the choice might be different. I am speaking of what you would know, not what might happen.
Obviously, if I had kids, I would give my life for them. But I don't yet have children.

The thing about getting punched in the face is that you don't actually know what will happen. It might be a scratch, or it might cause a brain embolism and death. How would you feel in the, admittedly unlikely, case of you choosing to see your best friend punched in the face over you getting hurt and then watching them die?

If I knew they would walk away from it, they can be the one to endure. If I knew they would be severely injured, I would make a different choice.
Obviously you can't tell what would happen, which is why the comparison is so ridiculous.

The whole fucking point is that, unless you are God, you don't know what is going to happen when someone gets punched in the face.

Are you God? If not, why do you keep insisting I am comparing things when I am presenting hypothetical choices?

Last edited:
Whether or not rape is the most traumatizing thing a woman can go through actually depends on what kind of rape is it. A woman who is assailed in a dark alley by a stranger, beaten, her clothes ripped off and raped, then left for dead naked and alone is going to be far more traumatized than a woman who is drugged and date raped and has no idea or memory of the act. She's not traumatized at all.

So do punches, what's your point?

You said rape was mostly psychological. I was simply saying that it wasn't. No point was meant by my statement.

Are you saying that, without the physical damage, rape is not a big deal? If not, what the fuck is your point?

No, what she's saying is that rape happening to her is more horrible than anything that could be done to anyone else, including physical attack.

She's saying her well being and comfort trumps all.

There is a tendency to lump all forms of rape into one big traumatizing event equally when that isn't the case at all. There is rape that is a traumatizing event. There is being assaulted, beaten and robbed without rape that's traumatizing too. Rape has become an excuse to justify ALL abortion. As if every unwanted or unplanned pregnancy was the result of rape.

You said rape was mostly psychological. I was simply saying that it wasn't. No point was meant by my statement.

Are you saying that, without the physical damage, rape is not a big deal? If not, what the fuck is your point?

No, what she's saying is that rape happening to her is more horrible than anything that could be done to anyone else, including physical attack.

She's saying her well being and comfort trumps all.

That explains a lot. Unfortunately, for her, I disagree, and will continue to rub her nose in the real world.

If a woman is raped and gets pregnant then has an abortion, the rapist should be prosecuted for murder. As it stands, the only people impacted are the woman and perhaps the doctor. The rapist gets away with this death like it wasn't his fault.

If a woman is raped and gets pregnant then has an abortion, the rapist should be prosecuted for murder. As it stands, the only people impacted are the woman and perhaps the doctor. The rapist gets away with this death like it wasn't his fault.

That would even follow current legal theory that lets the government charge someone with murder if someone has a heart attack when you point a gun at them.

Would somebody explain to me how abortion qualifies as murder? It has never been defined as murder throughout the history of the U.S. Are people that call it murder talking about something that they think IS, or something they wish it to be?

I will go on the record as saying I personally find abortion something to be avoided. I've just never understood the "murder" premise.

Would somebody explain to me how abortion qualifies as murder? It has never been defined as murder throughout the history of the U.S. Are people that call it murder talking about something that they think IS, or something they wish it to be?

I will go on the record as saying I personally find abortion something to be avoided. I've just never understood the "murder" premise.

Nice to see you popping in and proving you know as little about history as you do faith.

Nice to see you popping in and proving you know as little about history as you do faith.

Nice.

Okay, so will you show me where abortion has ever been defined as murder under U.S. law then?

Rick Berg, North Dakota GOP Senate Candidate: No Abortion Access For Rape Victims

He must plan on raising the unwanted fetus. I mean, surely he would not demand the power to control women's lives unless he also planned to take responsibility for his power over them.

He probably also believes in slavery - ultimate control over people's lives.

Republicans have more compassion for a clump of cells than for a traumatised woman who has been through the worst thing any woman could ever experience.

If you think rape is the worst thing any woman can ever experience you are an idiot.

The arrogance of conservatism never ceases to amaze me. Now you are telling people what to think?? You have no right to do that. If that's what she thinks, that's what she thinks.

Forum List

Back