"some girls rape so easy"

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Luddly Neddite, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    Roger Rivard, Wisconsin Legislator, Criticized Over 'Some Girls Rape Easy' Remark

This is the kind of bullshit one expects from extremely immature college/high school boys but certainly not from real MEN. And, from a GOP LAWMAKER??????????

Every day, we get more and more information about how vile and disgusting and low life the pubpots are but, my bet is that the rw's will defend this asshole too.

2. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    His comments were disgraceful, but I think I get what he was trying to say. It is true that some girls will accuse a bloke of rape because they changed their mind the next morning. I just think he used the wrong words to explain what he meant.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. VoteForTheDucks

VoteForTheDucks Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    While there are cases of false rape accusations, I think the real tragedy of statements like this is that they are used to try to make all rapes look fake in order to so that the candidate's position against all abortion doesn't appear to be the cold-hearted and ignorant policy that it actually is.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. AngelsNDemons

AngelsNDemons USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,727
    Taken out of context??? lmfao...This dudes views on women are apparently up there with Romney and his ilk. lol...what next? "She shouldn't have worn that dress" ? - stp -
    What a asshole.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Consensual sex often turns into an easy rape. It's called a one night stand. He said he would call and didn't turns into "I've been raped" all too often.

6. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    You're very ignorant and so incredibly full of anger, bitterness and hate.

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,409
    And where is your evidence of it being "all too often?"

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The number of women who later claim that they got pregnant as a result of rape and now want a free abortion. They just don't want to report it as a rape.

However, for statistical purposes, the FBI statistics show that 8% to as high as 15% of REPORTED rapes are false. For the purposes of THIS topic, rape includes unreported rape, meaning rape that exists solely in the mind of the rape victim.

The Forensic Examiner | Archive | Spring 09
    Degrees of "Not True"
    A certain percentage of rape complaints are classified as "unfounded" by the police and excluded from the FBI's statistics. For example, in 1995, 8% of all forcible rape cases were closed as unfounded, as were 15% in 1996 (Greenfeld, 1997). According to the FBI, a report should only be considered unfounded when investigation revealed that the elements of the crime were not met or the report was "false" (which is not defined) (FBI, 2007).

9. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,855
    Say what??...
    :eusa_eh:
    Judges overturn rape conviction, urge law change
    4 Jan.`13 — California appellate judges urged legislators to update an arcane 19th century law, as the panel reversed the rape conviction of a man who authorities say pretended to be a sleeping woman's boyfriend before initiating intercourse.

10. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,627
    Another media matters scoop? MM never sleeps as long as there is an elected republican somewhere. We still have bubba Bill Clinton bumbling around to rave left wing audiences even though credible testimony from a victim implicated him in a class #1 rape felony. Democrats breathed a sigh of relief that the statute of limitations expired and quickly forgot about the sleaze bag and his criminally enabler wife.