NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

Well.. I read this thread up to this point.. just signing my name in the snow...:eusa_shifty:

I had a bad feeling...

Vancouver let in two shorthanded goals and a powerplay goal, and are oh-fer on the powerplay in the series thus far. That's a recipe for an early exit in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh and Vancouver both down 0-2....

Unreal.

I am surprised as hell too. These two teams were the odds on favorites to win the CUP.

Philly OWNS the Penguins. Not that I am disappointed, I hate all things Pittsburgh- even the name. :lol: I don't think the Pens will be able to come back and win the series, but anything is possible. These teams truly hate each other and that makes for good hockey. I would not be surprised to see this series go 7 games or 4. It's wild!

But Vancouver is self destructing without Daniel Sedin. It looks like the "President's Cup Curse" may get them this year.....According to Yahoo Sports "The Canucks have never lost the first two games of a series that started in Vancouver, and they've never won a series in which they lost the first two games". Yikes!

I had a bad feeling...

Vancouver let in two shorthanded goals and a powerplay goal, and are oh-fer on the powerplay in the series thus far. That's a recipe for an early exit in the playoffs.

The Bruins lost games one and two at home to Montreal last year in the first round and prolly had the worst powerplay percentage of any Cup winner ever. So there's that.

But Vancouver really doesn't strike me as the get up off the ice and comeback from a deficit like that kind of team.

Pittsburgh and Vancouver both down 0-2....

Unreal.

I am surprised as hell too. These two teams were the odds on favorites to win the CUP.

Philly OWNS the Penguins. Not that I am disappointed, I hate all things Pittsburgh- even the name. :lol: I don't think the Pens will be able to come back and win the series, but anything is possible. These teams truly hate each other and that makes for good hockey. I would not be surprised to see this series go 7 games or 4. It's wild!

But Vancouver is self destructing without Daniel Sedin. It looks like the "President's Cup Curse" may get them this year.....According to Yahoo Sports "The Canucks have never lost the first two games of a series that started in Vancouver, and they've never won a series in which they lost the first two games". Yikes!

In Philly's case, hate is one helluva motivator.

I still think it's the Rangers year until proven otherwise.

I had a bad feeling...

The Bruins lost games one and two at home to Montreal last year in the first round and prolly had the worst powerplay percentage of any Cup winner ever. So there's that.

But Vancouver really doesn't strike me as the get up off the ice and comeback from a deficit like that kind of team.

Boston also came back from 0-2 down in the finals. And until then, they had never come back from being down 0-2 in their history.

But I agree. As much as I hate to say it, teams where the focal point is Europeans rather than North Americans often don't seem to have it deep within them to overcome adversity and fight, claw and scrap their way out of big holes. That's not always the case, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not convinced the Canucks have it in them.

I had a bad feeling...

Boston also came back from 0-2 down in the finals. And until then, they had never come back from being down 0-2 in their history.

But I agree. As much as I hate to say it, teams where the focal point is Europeans rather than North Americans often don't seem to have it deep within them to overcome adversity and fight, claw and scrap their way out of big holes. That's not always the case, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not convinced the Canucks have it in them.
Maybe it's because they play on such wide rinks in Europe.....they feel cramped here in North America.....:lol:

Washington finally gets on the board in the series. It was an 'ugly' goal, but that was to be expected the way these teams and goalies are playing. I could see this entire series go without a team scoring more than 2 goals in a game. :lol:

The ice in Boston seems to be pretty bad today. I've seen quite a few players go down on their own in the first two periods. Well, either that or these are just teams that don't skate well. :tongue:

We'll see if the Bruins can find a way to up the pressure in the third, they are still looking for their first goal in regulation time!

Washington finally gets on the board in the series. It was an 'ugly' goal, but that was to be expected the way these teams and goalies are playing. I could see this entire series go without a team scoring more than 2 goals in a game. :lol:

The ice in Boston seems to be pretty bad today. I've seen quite a few players go down on their own in the first two periods. Well, either that or these are just teams that don't skate well. :tongue:

We'll see if the Bruins can find a way to up the pressure in the third, they are still looking for their first goal in regulation time!

B's better start playin' like their hair's on fire

Maybe it's because they play on such wide rinks in Europe.....they feel cramped here in North America.....:lol:

The theory has always been that Europeans are here for the money and Canadians (and Americans) for the glory. That's simplistic, but players aren't paid much in the playoffs. The Canadian kids all grew up playing road hockey or shinny on makeshift rinks pretending they're playing for the Stanley Cup whereas the Europeans dream of winning the Olympic gold medal. So when the playoffs start, it means more to the North Americans and they work harder because they want it more.

That doesn't always hold. The Detroit team lead by Fedorov was a championship team.

Forum List

Back