NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

And it's back to OT again. Holtby made a mistake trying to knock the puck away with his stick and that allowed Boston's goal. Very tightly played game.

I continue to see players lose their edge and fall. I'm very curious if there's a problem with the ice or not.

I've also seen more wrap-around attempts in this game than I can recall seeing in a game in a long time. I can only guess that's because the teams are having such a hard time getting goals, or even very good scoring chances, with more traditional set-ups and players are trying the (slightly) more unusual scoring attempts.

This is looking to be a good series, and I don't care who wins, so it's fun to watch just for the type of play.

And it's back to OT again. Holtby made a mistake trying to knock the puck away with his stick and that allowed Boston's goal. Very tightly played game.

I continue to see players lose their edge and fall. I'm very curious if there's a problem with the ice or not.

I've also seen more wrap-around attempts in this game than I can recall seeing in a game in a long time. I can only guess that's because the teams are having such a hard time getting goals, or even very good scoring chances, with more traditional set-ups and players are trying the (slightly) more unusual scoring attempts.

This is looking to be a good series, and I don't care who wins, so it's fun to watch just for the type of play.

Slap yourself.

Holtby is playing his ass off, he's the main reason the B's aren't up 2-0.

Normally I'd be concerned that the B's are 0 for 6 on the PP this series, but than I remember last year's complete lack of PP production till towards the end.

I think the B's defense will eventually wear the Caps down...B's in 5 or 6.

As much as I like the NHL, it can be crap some times. The Sharks just got a penalty for charging that was clearly a good hit, and then the Shark was jumped by two Blues players, got punched several times, and they get away scott-free. That's garbage.

As much as I like the NHL, it can be crap some times. The Sharks just got a penalty for charging that was clearly a good hit, and then the Shark was jumped by two Blues players, got punched several times, and they get away scott-free. That's garbage.

That's the playoffs imo. The first two Boston games against Vancouver last year showed a lot of hacking and slashing by the Bruins which was clearly part of their plan. Dirty is part of the playoffs. It's always been that way. It may change someday and sometimes there are cleaner series but usually it's far tougher than the regs which is one reason why Wayne Gretzky said that the regular season was only paper.

Once it was over, the real tough Canadian hockey started.

0 - 3 (STL)

Oshi (2)

Great Dustups at the end with the clock winding down... :thup:

Last edited:
Datsyuk STEALS a goal, literally....now the Wings look like they missed scoring the tying goal by a hundredth of a second at the end of the period. The Wings weren't playing that well, but have really turned it on since Datsyuk's goal.

Yep, the time had expired....sooooo close! But they stay on the PP to start the third, hopefully they can keep the momentum.

Datsyuk STEALS a goal, literally....now the Wings look like they missed scoring the tying goal by a hundredth of a second at the end of the period. The Wings weren't playing that well, but have really turned it on since Datsyuk's goal.

Yep, the time had expired....sooooo close! But they stay on the PP to start the third, hopefully they can keep the momentum.

Rinne should be embarrassed for giving up that goal.

ahem,....it's Pekka Rinne. He alone, of all the players on either team, gets to have both his names said EVERYTIME....it's comical!

Have you noticed that?? :lol:

ahem,....it's Pekka Rinne. He alone, of all the players on either team, gets to have both his names said EVERYTIME....it's comical!

Have you noticed that?? :lol:

lol

No sir, I hadn't. I'm flipping wildly from the Sox/Rays, Knicks/Heat, and Red Wings/Predators games.

The Wings carried the play for almost 20 minutes of game time, but just couldn't quite get one in the net. Then Filppula (again!) makes a big mistake, they get the odd man rush, and Howard can't stop it. Rinne was the biggest reason the Preds won game 3.

If only the Wings can get that kind of pressure in game 4, I think they can tie the series up. That was a very disappointing game. :(

Forum List

Back