NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

The most dangerous team in the playoffs....

137453256_crop_650x440.jpg

I don't know. As much as would like to see my homey, Mike Babcock, do it again, they've been slipping the past 20 games.

They have dropped the ball here at the end of the season. You'd prefer to head into the playoffs on a winning streak, or at least a hot streak, than the slump the Wings have found themselves in.

That said, they have the playoff experience to be dangerous if they can climb out of the funk.

I don't know. As much as would like to see my homey, Mike Babcock, do it again, they've been slipping the past 20 games.

They fell off because they were plagued with injuries. Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Johan Franzen, Jimmy Howard are all back now.....Hopefully, they get past Nashville- a hugely under-rated team with an awesome D. Pekka Rinne is one big, tough goalie though......fingers crossed!!

I'll watch the Stanley Cup ifthe Canucks make it - no other reason. (only resoason I watched it last time) Hockey blows - never liked it never will.

Win or lose = the canucksfans will riot

3-3 Philly/Pitts

7 min to go before OT

Pens showing how not to hold on to a lead!

The refs in the Wings-Preds game are calling things pretty damn tight. I liked it better in the past when you knew things would loosen up a bit in the playoffs. It made for more non-stop action and a better test of who is the best team, IMO.

Hopefully the Wings can at least tie it up in the third, if not take the lead!

Pekka Rinne- the only player on the NHL who is ALWAYS called by his first and last name EVERY TIME - won the game for Nashville tonight.

They fell off because they were plagued with injuries. Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Johan Franzen, Jimmy Howard are all back now.....Hopefully, they get past Nashville- a hugely under-rated team with an awesome D. Pekka Rinne is one big, tough goalie though......fingers crossed!!

Good analysis Zander about the Predators being underrated. Their rookie Bourque stepped forward in game #1 and they overall looked good.
So did Schenn for the Flyers. He proved he can do alot more then just cross-check Crosby in the back.
The year of the rookies in this years playoffs?

Full credit to the Sharks for an incredible come from behind win last night. Havlat scored the opening goal and the game winner in double overtime....going to be a very tough series for the Blues.....

The Wings got lucky not to give up any goals during a very sloppy first few minutes of the game. With a couple of tallies from lesser-known guys in White and Emmerton, and having done a better job in the second half of the period with puck control and time in the offensive zone, it's a good start. Hopefully they can get the win, split the Nashville games, and regain the magic on home ice they had during their 23 game win streak.

The Wings got lucky not to give up any goals during a very sloppy first few minutes of the game. With a couple of tallies from lesser-known guys in White and Emmerton, and having done a better job in the second half of the period with puck control and time in the offensive zone, it's a good start. Hopefully they can get the win, split the Nashville games, and regain the magic on home ice they had during their 23 game win streak.
Yep. They look sharp and now that they have a lead they will be tough to beat- nobody holds a lead like the Wings. One thing is certain - Pekka Rinna may be gigantic but he is not a magician; throw enough shots at him and a few are gonna squeak by.....A good start!! 2-0.

Game #2. Wings up 2-0 in Nashville after 1. Still surprised that Shea Weber is on the ice. $2500 fine is a slap on the wrist at best.

Glad to see Bertuzzi stepped up in the 1st Period with Weber - guess he had to after Shanahan's gutless decision.

bring_it_horizontal.jpg

Forum List

Back