NFL to penalize (15 yards) use of racial slur (n-word)

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
No doubt cracker and honkey and white boy will be allowed. This is more affirmative action special treatment. Black men are like white women. Whenever they have a problem, they go crying to the authorities for help.

February 22, 2014, 7:35 PM ET

The head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which monitors diversity in the NFL, expects the league to institute a rule where players would be penalized 15 yards for using the N-word on the field.

John Wooten, the head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, anticipates that the NFL's competition committee will enact the rule at the owners' meeting next month.

"We want this word to be policed from the parking lot to the equipment room to the locker room. Secretaries, PR people, whoever, we want it eliminated completely and want it policed everywhere."

Newsome also said the committee talked about other slurs coming under any possible new rule, including homophobic slurs.

Wooten, who previously has urged all players to stop using the N-word, thinks the NFL will rule an automatic 15-yard penalty for first-time offenders and an ejection for second infractions.

"I will be totally shocked if the competition committee does not uphold us on what we're trying to do," Wooten said, according to CBSSports.com.

Interestingly, what some would decry as racism for the use of ethnic slurs, the American military practices such verbal taunting and jeering often. The illustration depicted in the HBO series "Generation Kill" about the war in Iraq where US Marines used some very vile racist taunting against one another, but in a 'friendly' way stands out in my mind. Apparently, and as the show depicted, when one black Marine didn't wanna induldge in the 'play' he simply opted out responding to another with, "I'm don't go in for that racist stuff man." To which his brother-in-arms replied, "All right." And he continued with others. My impression of it, as depicted in a fictional show of course, was it wasn't racism in the sense of hating other ethnicities, but a kind of defense against the bond which can only be called love combat Marines have for one another. Rather than expressing that overtly, they deflect and call each other the most vile things the English language has to offer. :)

I therefore wonder if something similar isn't happening in the NFL or where ever such taunting and jeering is going on. It's a kind of teasing like siblings, who deeply love each other but don't feel comfortable expressing it, moreso than actual racism that's heartfelt.

They should just do away with football

who want's to watch it with people like the fascist Mr. Wooten involved in it

John Wooten, the head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, anticipates that the NFL's competition committee will enact the rule at the owners' meeting next month.

"We want this word to be policed from the parking lot to the equipment room to the locker room. Secretaries, PR people, whoever, we want it eliminated completely and want it policed everywhere."

and I'd really like the speech police Wooten to explain just how the NFL AND NBA is an example of, diversity?

Pretty ridicules if you ask me. What's this supposed to accomplish?

people really need to wake up in this country

let these PEOPLE squash your freedoms of speech...you let Fascism in the door of your lives

let these PEOPLE squash your freedoms of speech...you let Fascism in the door of your lives

It's not the government limiting free speech, Stephanie, it's a private corporation. Just saying.

It's not the government limiting free speech, Stephanie, it's a private corporation. Just saying.

HAHAHA. You fool. The govt gives the NFL billions of dollars every year. Corporate welfare is everywhere.

HAHAHA. You fool. The govt gives the NFL billions of dollars every year. Corporate welfare is everywhere.

What's your point? That this is some kind of government conspiracy?

Moron

Gonna be a lot of black guys getting the yellow flag thrown on them.

Ahem,, just for Steve.

there's a fag on the play, er flag that is.

Yo moron, They're not taking your freedom of speech. They're just showing that there are consequences for being an asshole, asshole.

Well, I can see where that would be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. No place for racism on the field.
Yeah they didn't need to make a special "social" penalty. "Unsportsman" is already in the game.

Name one govt program that is not a conspiracy against the public
Road repair, bridge repair, cancer research.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back