NFL to penalize (15 yards) use of racial slur (n-word)

I was a retard that didnt know what he was talking about.

You should have just said this in the begining and saved us alot of time. :lol:

No doubt cracker and honkey and white boy will be allowed. This is more affirmative action special treatment. Black men are like white women. Whenever they have a problem, they go crying to the authorities for help.

February 22, 2014, 7:35 PM ET

The head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which monitors diversity in the NFL, expects the league to institute a rule where players would be penalized 15 yards for using the N-word on the field.

John Wooten, the head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, anticipates that the NFL's competition committee will enact the rule at the owners' meeting next month.

"We want this word to be policed from the parkying lot to the equipment room to the locker room. Secretaries, PR people, whoever, we want it eliminated completely and want it policed everywhere."

Newsome also said the committee talked about other slurs coming under any possible new rule, including homophobic slurs.

Wooten, who previously has urged all players to stop using the N-word, thinks the NFL will rule an automatic 15-yard penalty for first-time offenders and an ejection for second infractions.

"I will be totally shocked if the competition committee does not uphold us on what we're trying to do," Wooten said, according to CBSSports.com.

It should be a penalty for racial slurs in general.

I agree. They probably should take it even a step further and make it a fine for any racial slur.

I wonder how are they going to catch the white players that call you th n-word after tackling you and both of you are at the bottom of the heap?

Speaking for myself, and having had some friends who played in the NFL, I would much rather see them working towards establishing a better pension and post career medical plan for these guys.

I think its dumb and reactionary. It should be called unsportsmanlike conduct with fines no matter what racial slur it is. Amen to the better pension and medical plan.

I wonder how are they going to catch the white players that call you th n-word after tackling you and both of you are at the bottom of the heap?

Speaking for myself, and having had some friends who played in the NFL, I would much rather see them working towards establishing a better pension and post career medical plan for these guys.

I think its dumb and reactionary. It should be called unsportsmanlike conduct with fines no matter what racial slur it is. Amen to the better pension and medical plan.

Agreed. Fines would be much more effective. Racial slurs, no matter who says them to who are inflammatory and should have no place on a field of professional athletes.

On improving the medical and retirement plan, one of my old high school and JC teammates had a good career as a defensive end for two different teams, even made All-Pro 4 times.

He is so broken down from the injuries that he incurred while he was playing, he has to take excessive ibuprofen, and all kinds of other other stuff just to get through the day without being in severe pain.

Agreed. Fines would be much more effective. Racial slurs, no matter who says them to who are inflammatory and should have no place on a field of professional athletes.

On improving the medical and retirement plan, one of my old high school and JC teammates had a good career as a defensive end for two different teams, even made All-Pro 4 times.

He is so broken down from the injuries that he incurred while he was playing, he has to take excessive ibuprofen, and all kinds of other other stuff just to get through the day without being in severe pain.

Pretty cool. I have a brother that played college football before he got injured and another that played pro for 2 years. Lots of people don't understand how sports is extremely hard on your body. I'm hoping I don't end up like that.

Pretty cool. I have a brother that played college football before he got injured and another that played pro for 2 years. Lots of people don't understand how sports is extremely hard on your body. I'm hoping I don't end up like that.

And what a lot of peole who think these guys just show up and play don't realize is that during the offseason many of them workout daily in order to be ready for the next season.

If these penalties are enacted, the highest paid player in the NFL will be a lineman who is also a ventriloquist.

Forum List

Back