NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated

The New England Patriots are cheaters. They have been cheating for the 50+ years I've been watching football. I know, I'm a Dolphin fan and have seen the Patriots play twice a year for almost 50 years.

Those of you who don't have that experience might know if the more famous of the cheating. There is the "Snowplow Incident", the "Tuck Rule", and the videotaping of opposing teams. Now there is this scandal. Just going by their history, I'd say they are guilty as sin.

The New England Patriots should have all of their Super Bowl victories stripped from them, have their club disbanded, and their stadium burned to the ground.

They represent all that is foul and corrupt in pro sports today.

Was that an Waaaahhhhmmmbulance that just went by? Gee, think a certain Dolphin fan is having a hard time watching his team get schooled by the Patriots for the last fifteen years straight? I bet you were loving it when Don Shula ran the rules committee and every official in the league was scared to death of him. The Dolphin's got so many calls going their way back then they should have paid the refs salaries!

I guess you think if they burn down Foxboro...your shitty team will be able to win a game north of the Mason Dixon line after October? Oh wait...you'd still get your asses handed to you in Buffalo and New York.

Good for him!

I heard today that the latest beef on Pete is that he chews his gum with his mouth open!

Good for him, he is a cheater, just like Belichick who everyone is criticizing.

I see no difference, yet you and other Seahawk fans minimize when Seattle cheats.

We do? I don't like cheaters on my team. How's that? We can't control when one of our sports personalities screws up. I don't know any fans that downplay cheating. The only one still on our team that cheated and got away with it on a technicality is Sherman. I believe he has learned his lesson. At least I hope so. If he gets caught again Carroll must cut him.
Carroll is a cheater. Look at USC.

I don't care that much about USC. My family has all gone to the University of Washington. I have gone in person to two Rose Bowls back in the 60's.

Nice way to side step Carroll's cheating and you hating cheaters. All your BS about cheating is just that BS. Cheating is okay as long as it is Pete Carroll, thanks for proving my point.

What Carroll did on some college team many years ago
If Carroll's "Win Forever" montra is to be believed then I find it discouraging that we don't in fact lead the NFL in Performance Enhancing Drugs.

If he is indeed a cheater he should wear that badge proudly and just lie like Belichick does.

In sports if you don't fall down once in a while you are not trying hard enough.

Carroll wears it proudly.

Good for him!

I heard today that the latest beef on Pete is that he chews his gum with his mouth open!

I see no difference, yet you and other Seahawk fans minimize when Seattle cheats.

We do? I don't like cheaters on my team. How's that? We can't control when one of our sports personalities screws up. I don't know any fans that downplay cheating. The only one still on our team that cheated and got away with it on a technicality is Sherman. I believe he has learned his lesson. At least I hope so. If he gets caught again Carroll must cut him.

What Carroll did or didn't do on some college team 6 or 7 years ago as long as he didn't break any laws you are right. I don't care. As long as he doesn't break the law or get caught up in some national fiasco like Belichick is enduring and he and Schneider keep building the Seahawks into a national NFL power why should I complain?

The Seahawks aren't imploding like Denver and the 9ers. They aren't embroiled in some huge scandal like the Patriots.

I get the feeling some outsiders are just jealous of Seattle's success.

I don't care that much about USC. My family has all gone to the University of Washington. I have gone in person to two Rose Bowls back in the 60's.

Nice way to side step Carroll's cheating and you hating cheaters. All your BS about cheating is just that BS. Cheating is okay as long as it is Pete Carroll, thanks for proving my point.

Good for him!

What Carroll did or didn't do on some college team 6 or 7 years ago as long as he didn't break any laws you are right. I don't care. As long as he doesn't break the law or get caught up in some national fiasco like Belichick is enduring and he and Schneider keep building the Seahawks into a national NFL power why should I complain?

The Seahawks aren't imploding like Denver and the 9ers. They aren't embroiled in some huge scandal like the Patriots.

Yeah, justifying having a cheater on your team is now being spun into jealousy, you are pretty good at denial.

And you see Carroll leaving USC after NCAA starts investigating rule violations, or the Seahawks leading PED suspensions after Carroll arrives there, and the practice violations that Seattle had earlier this year as a good thing?

I don't see much difference between Carroll and Belichick. Both push limits and will cheat to win. It's been proven.

You are either an intentional liar or have no idea what you are talking about. Since Carroll took over 4 players have received PED suspensions: 1 in 2011, 2 in 2012, and 1 in 2013. The first one was a practice squad player that didn't make the team, of the two in 2012 one now plays for New England (imagine that) and the other got cut, and the one last year is still on the team.

In no season has the Seahawks led the league in PED suspensions since Carroll got here. Year by year those honors would go to:

2010: tie between Carolina, Atlanta, Tennessee, and New England
2011: tie between St. Louis and Washington
2012: Denver
2013: tie between 12 teams
2014: Tampa Bay

Since Carroll's arrival the team with the most PED suspensions is the New York Giants while Denver, Baltimore, St. Louis, and Washington all have the same number as Seattle. If you put Browner on New England (since he plays for them now New England would be tied with Seattle as well)

Feel free to look it up yourself

2014 NFL Fines Suspensions Spotrac

t's also worth pointing out that according to the current rosters Seattle has one player with a PED suspension (Bruce) and New England has two that I know of off the top of my head (Browner and Spikes). Browner got booted from Seattle (mainly because Carroll was pissed about his suspensions) but Belichick welcomed him with open arms. He fits right into their culture.

Seahawks lead in PED bans under Pete Carroll - ESPN

That article is nearly two years old. On that very day in May of 2013, Seattle pulled into a tie with the Giants, Redskins, and Broncos for 4 PED suspensions since 2010. Since then 17 NFL players have been suspended for PEDs (and I can happily list all of them) but none of them play for the Seahawks. A short time later that very season Will Hill got busted again for the Giants bringing their total to 5.

Currently Seattle has had 4 suspensions since 2010, one behind the Giants (5), and tied with St. Louis (Nick Miller, Austin Pettis, Brody Eldridge, and JoLonn Dunbar), Washington (Trent Williams, Phillip Buchanon, Jordan Black, and Cedrick Griffin), Denver (Quentin Saulsberry, D.J. Williams [twice], and Virgil Green), Baltimore (Asa Jackson [twice], Ryan McBean, and Haloti Ngata), and New England (Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Boldin, and R.J. Mathis).

Now let's look at the Seahawks who got suspended:

RB Vai Taua (2011) - UFA who was with the Seahawks in training camp from Aug 14 - Sept 3 - CUT
OT Allen Barbre (2012) - Practice squad player - CUT
CB Brandon Browner (2012) - CUT - Now plays for New England (unsurprisingly)
DE/OLB Bruce Irvin (2013) - Current starter

So...not only do you have no idea what you are talking about regarding "Seattle leading the league in PED suspensions", you overlook that out of the four that got suspended, one didn't make the team, one wasn't even a player on the game day roster, and one now plays for the Patriots.

Again...feel free to look it up

Were they on the Seahawk roster when they tested positive, they had more PEDs after the article, so please, you can dismiss and justify all you want, however the facts are the facts.

No they haven't. If so name him and provide the link....and good luck because Irvin was the most recent. Facts are facts

You are either an intentional liar or have no idea what you are talking about. Since Carroll took over 4 players have received PED suspensions: 1 in 2011, 2 in 2012, and 1 in 2013. The first one was a practice squad player that didn't make the team, of the two in 2012 one now plays for New England (imagine that) and the other got cut, and the one last year is still on the team.

In no season has the Seahawks led the league in PED suspensions since Carroll got here. Year by year those honors would go to:

2010: tie between Carolina, Atlanta, Tennessee, and New England
2011: tie between St. Louis and Washington
2012: Denver
2013: tie between 12 teams
2014: Tampa Bay

Since Carroll's arrival the team with the most PED suspensions is the New York Giants while Denver, Baltimore, St. Louis, and Washington all have the same number as Seattle. If you put Browner on New England (since he plays for them now New England would be tied with Seattle as well)

Feel free to look it up yourself

t's also worth pointing out that according to the current rosters Seattle has one player with a PED suspension (Bruce) and New England has two that I know of off the top of my head (Browner and Spikes). Browner got booted from Seattle (mainly because Carroll was pissed about his suspensions) but Belichick welcomed him with open arms. He fits right into their culture.

Seahawks lead in PED bans under Pete Carroll - ESPN

That article is nearly two years old. On that very day in May of 2013, Seattle pulled into a tie with the Giants, Redskins, and Broncos for 4 PED suspensions since 2010. Since then 17 NFL players have been suspended for PEDs (and I can happily list all of them) but none of them play for the Seahawks. A short time later that very season Will Hill got busted again for the Giants bringing their total to 5.

Currently Seattle has had 4 suspensions since 2010, one behind the Giants (5), and tied with St. Louis (Nick Miller, Austin Pettis, Brody Eldridge, and JoLonn Dunbar), Washington (Trent Williams, Phillip Buchanon, Jordan Black, and Cedrick Griffin), Denver (Quentin Saulsberry, D.J. Williams [twice], and Virgil Green), Baltimore (Asa Jackson [twice], Ryan McBean, and Haloti Ngata), and New England (Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Boldin, and R.J. Mathis).

Now let's look at the Seahawks who got suspended:

RB Vai Taua (2011) - UFA who was with the Seahawks in training camp from Aug 14 - Sept 3 - CUT
OT Allen Barbre (2012) - Practice squad player - CUT
CB Brandon Browner (2012) - CUT - Now plays for New England (unsurprisingly)
DE/OLB Bruce Irvin (2013) - Current starter

So...not only do you have no idea what you are talking about regarding "Seattle leading the league in PED suspensions", you overlook that out of the four that got suspended, one didn't make the team, one wasn't even a player on the game day roster, and one now plays for the Patriots.

Again...feel free to look it up

Were they on the Seahawk roster when they tested positive, they had more PEDs after the article, so please, you can dismiss and justify all you want, however the facts are the facts.

No they haven't. If so name him and provide the link....and good luck because Irvin was the most recent. Facts are facts
I posted the link, that you can't comprehend is your own damn fault.

As far as Sherman, you have to admit he got off on a technicality and he did use PEDs because a leaking information cup doesn't change the fact PEDs were found in it.

Another "my team doesn't cheat" idiot. Get a room with Hugs, he is in denial also.

You posted a link that was almost two years old. As I said, when the article was written they had pulled into a tie with several other teams. Since then 17 PED suspensions in the NFL and none of them Seahawks. The Giants have the most and Seattle is tied with several other teams including the Patriots. So your claim that Seattle leads the league in PED suspensions is totally wrong.

As far as Sherman...he didn't get suspended. He is one of the most frequently tested players in the NFL and the only time he didn't come up clean was when the cup split, the handler poured the urine into a different cup (like a coffee cup that just happened to be sitting there) and then back into a new cup. That's a contaminated sample dude.That can and will fuck up the results. Sherman was tested right afterwards and came up clean again. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But it's a weak argument when all you have is one positive test that was a contaminated sample in a string of negatives.

And I never said my team doesn't cheat. Browner got busted using PEDs and he took his suspension. The Seahawks were punished and you didn't hear me complain about it except where it was directed at Browner. Irvin got busted and took his suspension and you didn't hear a word from me except about how pissed at Irvin I was. Those players cheated and they manned up and took their punishments. Brady cheated....man up....inflate your own balls Brady and say "it's on me" and take your punishment like a man instead of "oh my feelings are so hurt". Pfft...let me look up "compassion" in the dictionary.

The New England Patriots are cheaters. They have been cheating for the 50+ years I've been watching football. I know, I'm a Dolphin fan and have seen the Patriots play twice a year for almost 50 years.

Those of you who don't have that experience might know if the more famous of the cheating. There is the "Snowplow Incident", the "Tuck Rule", and the videotaping of opposing teams. Now there is this scandal. Just going by their history, I'd say they are guilty as sin.

The New England Patriots should have all of their Super Bowl victories stripped from them, have their club disbanded, and their stadium burned to the ground.

Was that an Waaaahhhhmmmbulance that just went by? Gee, think a certain Dolphin fan is having a hard time watching his team get schooled by the Patriots for the last fifteen years straight? I bet you were loving it when Don Shula ran the rules committee and every official in the league was scared to death of him. The Dolphin's got so many calls going their way back then they should have paid the refs salaries!

I guess you think if they burn down Foxboro...your shitty team will be able to win a game north of the Mason Dixon line after October? Oh wait...you'd still get your asses handed to you in Buffalo and New York.

Meh, your ignorant diatribe is ineffective since I do know that the Dolphins suck. It doesn't change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters and have always been cheaters.

Meh, your ignorant diatribe is ineffective since I do know that the Dolphins suck. It doesn't change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters and have always been cheaters.

The Patriots do everything you wish your team would do. They have intelligent, stable and patient ownership. They have an innovative, hard working coaching staff. They have players that have bought into a team first mentality. The Patriots don't win because they "cheat"...they win because they do their jobs better than the team you root for.

Good for him!

So you're up in arms about Bill Belichick not knowing what the air pressure in game balls was...but you don't have a problem with Pete Carroll supposedly not knowing about payoffs to players, illegal practices and setting up "internships" for players. I get the feeling you have rather "selective" outrage, Huggy.

So you're up in arms about Bill Belichick not knowing what the air pressure in game balls was...but you don't have a problem with Pete Carroll supposedly not knowing about payoffs to players, illegal practices and setting up "internships" for players. I get the feeling you have rather "selective" outrage, Huggy.

I realize this wasn't directed to me but as a Seahawk fan I don't think Belichick did know and I am willing to give him a pass. I imagine his part of it was simply telling the equipment manager to give Brady whatever he wanted, probably years ago, and left it at that. I don't think Belichick gives two damns about how Brady wants his footballs prepared; his position is probably "if that's what my quarterback wants then give it to him" and that's that as far as he is concerned. The equipment manager just says "ok man" because what else is he really going to do? Brady on the other hand....that's a different story.

You posted a link that was almost two years old. As I said, when the article was written they had pulled into a tie with several other teams. Since then 17 PED suspensions in the NFL and none of them Seahawks. The Giants have the most and Seattle is tied with several other teams including the Patriots. So your claim that Seattle leads the league in PED suspensions is totally wrong.

As far as Sherman...he didn't get suspended. He is one of the most frequently tested players in the NFL and the only time he didn't come up clean was when the cup split, the handler poured the urine into a different cup (like a coffee cup that just happened to be sitting there) and then back into a new cup. That's a contaminated sample dude.That can and will fuck up the results. Sherman was tested right afterwards and came up clean again. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But it's a weak argument when all you have is one positive test that was a contaminated sample in a string of negatives.

And I never said my team doesn't cheat. Browner got busted using PEDs and he took his suspension. The Seahawks were punished and you didn't hear me complain about it except where it was directed at Browner. Irvin got busted and took his suspension and you didn't hear a word from me except about how pissed at Irvin I was. Those players cheated and they manned up and took their punishments. Brady cheated....man up....inflate your own balls Brady and say "it's on me" and take your punishment like a man instead of "oh my feelings are so hurt". Pfft...let me look up "compassion" in the dictionary.

Lol! Deniers live.

I know you'll readily admit the Pats are cheaters, Lol! I have never claimed otherwise, I see the cheating on both sides, you excuse your cheaters. PEDs in a coffee cup, yeah that's the ticket. Just keep making crap up, just like the Pats fans. Too funny.

Good for him!

If you are the coach, you are responsible for your team. You can't claim you didn't know, it doesn't absolve from blame. If this is going on on his team he has a responsibility to know and to take care of the situation.

I realize this wasn't directed to me but as a Seahawk fan I don't think Belichick did know and I am willing to give him a pass. I imagine his part of it was simply telling the equipment manager to give Brady whatever he wanted, probably years ago, and left it at that. I don't think Belichick gives two damns about how Brady wants his footballs prepared; his position is probably "if that's what my quarterback wants then give it to him" and that's that as far as he is concerned. The equipment manager just says "ok man" because what else is he really going to do? Brady on the other hand....that's a different story.

If Brady tells the equipment manager that he likes the balls as uninflated as possible and that is what they gave to the referee...then why is it all Brady's fault that the balls are found to be underinflated at a later time? If, as it has been reported, temperature makes balls lose inflation...then why can't it simply be that a bunch of balls that were right at the low end of the acceptable range fell out of that range because of the weather conditions?

If Brady tells the equipment manager that he likes the balls as uninflated as possible and that is what they gave to the referee...then why is it all Brady's fault that the balls are found to be underinflated at a later time? If, as it has been reported, temperature makes balls lose inflation...then why can't it simply be that a bunch of balls that were right at the low end of the acceptable range fell out of that range because of the weather conditions?

We have been over this a million times. Brady is not going to say "as low as possible". He is going to say "just like this...this is how I want them" and that's how they will be. Yes temperature will affect psi but it will affect all of them the same way and in this situation you have some balls behaving one way, some balls behaving another way, behaving one way before halftime, another way after halftime. I mean...stop it They deflated the balls. Just let it be and let the NFL do whatever they are going to do

We have been over this a million times. Brady is not going to say "as low as possible". He is going to say "just like this...this is how I want them" and that's how they will be. Yes temperature will affect psi but it will affect all of them the same way and in this situation you have some balls behaving one way, some balls behaving another way, behaving one way before halftime, another way after halftime. I mean...stop it They deflated the balls. Just let it be and let the NFL do whatever they are going to do

What balls behaved in a different way? The Colt's balls? How do you know what pressure those balls started at? We may or may not know what pressure they started at (if you take it as gospel that the referee did in fact measure the game balls as he should have) but we do know that they were within acceptable pressure level when later checked. If however those Colt balls were more inflated to begin with than the Patriot's game balls, then wouldn't it stand to reason that they might still be within the acceptable levels later on even though they might have lost the EXACT amount of pressure as the Patriot's balls?

And you have absolutely no way of knowing what Tom Brady's instructions were to the people responsible for getting game balls ready for games. You're guessing what he might have said.

What balls behaved in a different way? The Colt's balls? How do you know what pressure those balls started at? We may or may not know what pressure they started at (if you take it as gospel that the referee did in fact measure the game balls as he should have) but we do know that they were within acceptable pressure level when later checked. If however those Colt balls were more inflated to begin with than the Patriot's game balls, then wouldn't it stand to reason that they might still be within the acceptable levels later on even though they might have lost the EXACT amount of pressure as the Patriot's balls?

I am not going to go over all this again because what you are saying is the same BS chrisL was saying and I am not going to say anything different to you than I did to her so at this point it's just making the same arguments over and over on either side. If you want to believe that Golden Ass Tom is innocent and that the balls were prepared in a manner in which he didn't specify...you know...whatever. The guys that play(ed) them game aint buying it, I haven't seen many scientists that are buying it (although granted I haven't seen many chime in), former coaches aint buying it, and I aint buying it. But if you want to believe it...knock yourself out.

BP trust me,trying to reason with pooper or trollstyle gets you nowhere as it does with chrissy,its like talking to a brick wall.best thing to do with them is what I have,put him them on ignore and let them talk to themselves.

BP trust me,trying to reason with pooper or trollstyle gets you nowhere as it does with chrissy,its like talking to a brick wall.best thing to do with them is what I have,put him them on ignore and let them talk to themselves.

Well like I said on the other thread I am interested in the game from this point on and will unwatch these threads. It's the same old arguments at this point over and over so nothing new to discuss.

Forum List

Back