NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated

So you're up in arms about Bill Belichick not knowing what the air pressure in game balls was...but you don't have a problem with Pete Carroll supposedly not knowing about payoffs to players, illegal practices and setting up "internships" for players. I get the feeling you have rather "selective" outrage, Huggy.

I realize this wasn't directed to me but as a Seahawk fan I don't think Belichick did know and I am willing to give him a pass. I imagine his part of it was simply telling the equipment manager to give Brady whatever he wanted, probably years ago, and left it at that. I don't think Belichick gives two damns about how Brady wants his footballs prepared; his position is probably "if that's what my quarterback wants then give it to him" and that's that as far as he is concerned. The equipment manager just says "ok man" because what else is he really going to do? Brady on the other hand....that's a different story.

If Brady tells the equipment manager that he likes the balls as uninflated as possible and that is what they gave to the referee...then why is it all Brady's fault that the balls are found to be underinflated at a later time? If, as it has been reported, temperature makes balls lose inflation...then why can't it simply be that a bunch of balls that were right at the low end of the acceptable range fell out of that range because of the weather conditions?

We have been over this a million times. Brady is not going to say "as low as possible". He is going to say "just like this...this is how I want them" and that's how they will be. Yes temperature will affect psi but it will affect all of them the same way and in this situation you have some balls behaving one way, some balls behaving another way, behaving one way before halftime, another way after halftime. I mean...stop it They deflated the balls. Just let it be and let the NFL do whatever they are going to do

What balls behaved in a different way? The Colt's balls? How do you know what pressure those balls started at? We may or may not know what pressure they started at (if you take it as gospel that the referee did in fact measure the game balls as he should have) but we do know that they were within acceptable pressure level when later checked. If however those Colt balls were more inflated to begin with than the Patriot's game balls, then wouldn't it stand to reason that they might still be within the acceptable levels later on even though they might have lost the EXACT amount of pressure as the Patriot's balls?

I am not going to go over all this again because what you are saying is the same BS chrisL was saying and I am not going to say anything different to you than I did to her so at this point it's just making the same arguments over and over on either side. If you want to believe that Golden Ass Tom is innocent and that the balls were prepared in a manner in which he didn't specify...you know...whatever. The guys that play(ed) them game aint buying it, I haven't seen many scientists that are buying it (although granted I haven't seen many chime in), former coaches aint buying it, and I aint buying it. But if you want to believe it...knock yourself out.

Actually I'm reserving what I believe until I know more facts! You've already come to your conclusion before we know the facts. What does that say about you?

We do? I don't like cheaters on my team. How's that? We can't control when one of our sports personalities screws up. I don't know any fans that downplay cheating. The only one still on our team that cheated and got away with it on a technicality is Sherman. I believe he has learned his lesson. At least I hope so. If he gets caught again Carroll must cut him.
Carroll is a cheater. Look at USC.

I don't care that much about USC. My family has all gone to the University of Washington. I have gone in person to two Rose Bowls back in the 60's.

Nice way to side step Carroll's cheating and you hating cheaters. All your BS about cheating is just that BS. Cheating is okay as long as it is Pete Carroll, thanks for proving my point.

What Carroll did on some college team many years ago
Good for him!

I heard today that the latest beef on Pete is that he chews his gum with his mouth open!

Good for him, he is a cheater, just like Belichick who everyone is criticizing.

I see no difference, yet you and other Seahawk fans minimize when Seattle cheats.

We do? I don't like cheaters on my team. How's that? We can't control when one of our sports personalities screws up. I don't know any fans that downplay cheating. The only one still on our team that cheated and got away with it on a technicality is Sherman. I believe he has learned his lesson. At least I hope so. If he gets caught again Carroll must cut him.

What Carroll did or didn't do on some college team 6 or 7 years ago as long as he didn't break any laws you are right. I don't care. As long as he doesn't break the law or get caught up in some national fiasco like Belichick is enduring and he and Schneider keep building the Seahawks into a national NFL power why should I complain?

The Seahawks aren't imploding like Denver and the 9ers. They aren't embroiled in some huge scandal like the Patriots.

I get the feeling some outsiders are just jealous of Seattle's success.

So you're up in arms about Bill Belichick not knowing what the air pressure in game balls was...but you don't have a problem with Pete Carroll supposedly not knowing about payoffs to players, illegal practices and setting up "internships" for players. I get the feeling you have rather "selective" outrage, Huggy.

I'm not outraged. I think this whole Iflate-Gate thing is silly. The problem I have with Brady and Bilichick is how they are handling it. You all keep saying how intelligent they are but the facts of how they have helped keep this crazy thing alive speaks for itself.

I don't care that much about USC. My family has all gone to the University of Washington. I have gone in person to two Rose Bowls back in the 60's.

Nice way to side step Carroll's cheating and you hating cheaters. All your BS about cheating is just that BS. Cheating is okay as long as it is Pete Carroll, thanks for proving my point.

What Carroll did on some college team many years ago
Good for him, he is a cheater, just like Belichick who everyone is criticizing.

I see no difference, yet you and other Seahawk fans minimize when Seattle cheats.

What Carroll did or didn't do on some college team 6 or 7 years ago as long as he didn't break any laws you are right. I don't care. As long as he doesn't break the law or get caught up in some national fiasco like Belichick is enduring and he and Schneider keep building the Seahawks into a national NFL power why should I complain?

The Seahawks aren't imploding like Denver and the 9ers. They aren't embroiled in some huge scandal like the Patriots.

I get the feeling some outsiders are just jealous of Seattle's success.

I'm not outraged. I think this whole Iflate-Gate thing is silly. The problem I have with Brady and Bilichick is how they are handling it. You all keep saying how intelligent they are but the facts of how they have helped keep this crazy thing alive speaks for itself.

How do you think they should have reacted? :dunno:

I realize this wasn't directed to me but as a Seahawk fan I don't think Belichick did know and I am willing to give him a pass. I imagine his part of it was simply telling the equipment manager to give Brady whatever he wanted, probably years ago, and left it at that. I don't think Belichick gives two damns about how Brady wants his footballs prepared; his position is probably "if that's what my quarterback wants then give it to him" and that's that as far as he is concerned. The equipment manager just says "ok man" because what else is he really going to do? Brady on the other hand....that's a different story.

If Brady tells the equipment manager that he likes the balls as uninflated as possible and that is what they gave to the referee...then why is it all Brady's fault that the balls are found to be underinflated at a later time? If, as it has been reported, temperature makes balls lose inflation...then why can't it simply be that a bunch of balls that were right at the low end of the acceptable range fell out of that range because of the weather conditions?

We have been over this a million times. Brady is not going to say "as low as possible". He is going to say "just like this...this is how I want them" and that's how they will be. Yes temperature will affect psi but it will affect all of them the same way and in this situation you have some balls behaving one way, some balls behaving another way, behaving one way before halftime, another way after halftime. I mean...stop it They deflated the balls. Just let it be and let the NFL do whatever they are going to do

What balls behaved in a different way? The Colt's balls? How do you know what pressure those balls started at? We may or may not know what pressure they started at (if you take it as gospel that the referee did in fact measure the game balls as he should have) but we do know that they were within acceptable pressure level when later checked. If however those Colt balls were more inflated to begin with than the Patriot's game balls, then wouldn't it stand to reason that they might still be within the acceptable levels later on even though they might have lost the EXACT amount of pressure as the Patriot's balls?

I am not going to go over all this again because what you are saying is the same BS chrisL was saying and I am not going to say anything different to you than I did to her so at this point it's just making the same arguments over and over on either side. If you want to believe that Golden Ass Tom is innocent and that the balls were prepared in a manner in which he didn't specify...you know...whatever. The guys that play(ed) them game aint buying it, I haven't seen many scientists that are buying it (although granted I haven't seen many chime in), former coaches aint buying it, and I aint buying it. But if you want to believe it...knock yourself out.

I actually think I've seen a scientist quoted as saying this could all be weather related, and another disagreeing with that.

The only people I give much credence to as far as who likely knew what are the former NFL QBs. The ones I've seen quoted have agreed that Brady would know if the balls were underinflated.

Bill Nie the Science Guy says the science quoted by Belichick is hooey!

All Nye said was that he "didn't think" Belichick's science panned out. He did no experiments or anything to demonstrate his point. HeadSmart Labs, however, did conduct actual experiments, and they say Belichick's science is sound.

The New England Patriots are cheaters. They have been cheating for the 50+ years I've been watching football. I know, I'm a Dolphin fan and have seen the Patriots play twice a year for almost 50 years.

Those of you who don't have that experience might know if the more famous of the cheating. There is the "Snowplow Incident", the "Tuck Rule", and the videotaping of opposing teams. Now there is this scandal. Just going by their history, I'd say they are guilty as sin.

The New England Patriots should have all of their Super Bowl victories stripped from them, have their club disbanded, and their stadium burned to the ground.

They represent all that is foul and corrupt in pro sports today.

Was that an Waaaahhhhmmmbulance that just went by? Gee, think a certain Dolphin fan is having a hard time watching his team get schooled by the Patriots for the last fifteen years straight? I bet you were loving it when Don Shula ran the rules committee and every official in the league was scared to death of him. The Dolphin's got so many calls going their way back then they should have paid the refs salaries!

I guess you think if they burn down Foxboro...your shitty team will be able to win a game north of the Mason Dixon line after October? Oh wait...you'd still get your asses handed to you in Buffalo and New York.

Meh, your ignorant diatribe is ineffective since I do know that the Dolphins suck. It doesn't change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters and have always been cheaters.

The Patriots do everything you wish your team would do. They have intelligent, stable and patient ownership. They have an innovative, hard working coaching staff. They have players that have bought into a team first mentality. The Patriots don't win because they "cheat"...they win because they do their jobs better than the team you root for.

I already told you that this ignorant argument doesn't work on me. Aside from being a fan of a cheating team, you also cannot read. Sucks to be you.

We want our focking apology! The media caused this story because they know everyone hates the AWESOMNESS of the PATRIOT NATION. Nobody would be paying attention to this if those FOCKs would shut the FOCK UP. Everyone knows Bill Bellick got NO advantage from filming teams’ walkthroughs in every superbowl the MIGHTY PATRIOTS won. This is no Focking different!

When Mr. Kraft says the Patriot franchise is unfairly tarnished by these LIES, you can focking believe it because he is Mr. Kraft, the best owner of anything in entire FOCKING world. It’s focking JEALOUSY. They cannot tarnish the Patriot Nation!

It matters not that 11 of our balls were deflated and none of Indianapolis’s balls were ... even though they were stored in the same room. Our are BETTER because the belong to the PATROIT NATION! A locker room attendant does not need to deflate them. The BALLS KNOW how THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK EVER likes them, and they bow to his will!

Have some focking RESPECT! Coach has won more playoff games that anybody.

And now THE CHILDREN are snowed in in their homes and have to listen to the media accusing their Heros of cheating. THEY CAN'T GO TO SCHOOL OR EVEN OUTSIDE.

The New England Patriots are cheaters. They have been cheating for the 50+ years I've been watching football. I know, I'm a Dolphin fan and have seen the Patriots play twice a year for almost 50 years.

Those of you who don't have that experience might know if the more famous of the cheating. There is the "Snowplow Incident", the "Tuck Rule", and the videotaping of opposing teams. Now there is this scandal. Just going by their history, I'd say they are guilty as sin.

The New England Patriots should have all of their Super Bowl victories stripped from them, have their club disbanded, and their stadium burned to the ground.

Was that an Waaaahhhhmmmbulance that just went by? Gee, think a certain Dolphin fan is having a hard time watching his team get schooled by the Patriots for the last fifteen years straight? I bet you were loving it when Don Shula ran the rules committee and every official in the league was scared to death of him. The Dolphin's got so many calls going their way back then they should have paid the refs salaries!

I guess you think if they burn down Foxboro...your shitty team will be able to win a game north of the Mason Dixon line after October? Oh wait...you'd still get your asses handed to you in Buffalo and New York.

Meh, your ignorant diatribe is ineffective since I do know that the Dolphins suck. It doesn't change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters and have always been cheaters.

The Patriots do everything you wish your team would do. They have intelligent, stable and patient ownership. They have an innovative, hard working coaching staff. They have players that have bought into a team first mentality. The Patriots don't win because they "cheat"...they win because they do their jobs better than the team you root for.

I already told you that this ignorant argument doesn't work on me. Aside from being a fan of a cheating team, you also cannot read. Sucks to be you.

Can't read? Dude, my first job right out of college was working as a copy editor...reading was all I did!

Can't read? Dude, my first job right out of college was working as a copy editor...reading was all I did!

There are two parts to "literacy", one is reading and the other is understanding what you read. It was obvious to anyone that you fail in one or both of those two. Sucks to be you.

When they fumble in this upcoming Superbowl game? The cat will be out of the bag! (as they say)

Not only THAT but the receivers will have more difficulty catching Brady's passes. It will be a nightmare for Tommy and Billy. All the extra passing and running plays designed for a Seattle Defense that only prepares to do what THEY do to improve will be in vain.

Russell Wilson will be EXTRA entertaining spinning and pirouetting around in the backfield until the DE's and LB's and D-Linemen are all exhausted and falling down while Baldwin and Kearse get W-I-D-E O-P-E-N for 20-30 yard tosses. True story! It happens several times in a typical Seahawk game.

Kraft will be up in his Luxury Box having a coronary. There will be some taudry video of him choking his trophy Girlfriend to death and the effort will be to much for his ticker...

This AND much more ACTION!!!! at the 49th Super Bowl !!!!

When they fumble in this upcoming Superbowl game? The cat will be out of the bag! (as they say)

Not only THAT but the receivers will have more difficulty catching Brady's passes. It will be a nightmare for Tommy and Billy. All the extra passing and running plays designed for a Seattle Defense that only prepares to do what THEY do to improve will be in vain.

Russell Wilson will be EXTRA entertaining spinning and pirouetting around in the backfield until the DE's and LB's and D-Linemen are all exhausted and falling down while Baldwin and Kearse get W-I-D-E O-P-E-N for 20-30 yard tosses. True story! It happens several times in a typical Seahawk game.

Kraft will be up in his Luxury Box having a coronary. There will be some taudry video of him choking his trophy Girlfriend to death and the effort will be to much for his ticker...

Too bad they don't have you narrating ESPN! You really know your football, Huggy! And you don't mind telling it like it is! I had no idea that a deflated ball could cause such problems. I've learned more from you, PhantomBlue and TheOWL on Football - a few others also know quite a lot - than I've ever heard elsewhere, it has been quite an education! Wow! You guys know your football! Thank you for all this information! It's downright unbelievable they got away with this for so long - the rascals!

Too bad they don't have you narrating ESPN! You really know your football, Huggy! And you don't mind telling it like it is! I had no idea that a deflated ball could cause such problems. I've learned more from you, PhantomBlue and TheOWL on Football - a few others also know quite a lot - than I've ever heard elsewhere, it has been quite an education! Wow! You guys know your football! Thank you for all this information! It's downright unbelievable they got away with this for so long - the rascals!

:rofl:

Huggy knows how to be a good homer. That's not quite the same thing. :lmao:

What are you talking about. They "got away with it" because it has never been enforced. The refs knew the balls were under inflated, all along and I'm willing to bet several teams are in on it.

someone farted in here.^:9:

man I am so much enjoying how Belicheat and Brady have created a scandal that rivals the black sox scandal so much that i got to bring this thread back.I love how all the brady and belicheat worshippers here are attacking the messenger cause the truth hurts.:biggrin:

they cant handle it that so many other former NFL players are the ones calling them out so when someone creates a thread like this,they go into meltdown mode over it and attack the messenger,:lmao::lmao::laugh:

Here is a good thread on it I created as well with Don Shula calling the coach of the pats BeliCHEAT.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol:

Truth hurts Rodney Harrisons feelings when Shula refers to former coach as Beli-cheat.lol US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

this is too funny.we got a coach who is considered the greatest coach ever next to vince lombardi calling out belicheat as a cheater and not only that,we have joe montana,who was bradys idol calling him out for the cheater he is as well.

this is too fun folks.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

and pats fans here are getting pissed about it their idols are being exposed playing dodgeball.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

that link of mine in the link of the thread i posted does not work anymore so here it is again.

Rodney Harrison calls Don Shula s Beli-cheat remarks disrespectful - CBSSports.com

looks like the truth hurts you that you played for cheater and liar rodney.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Shula is the greatest coach outside of Lombardi? I don't hear that often.

Didn't the report on the deflated balls say there is no evidence Belichick knew about it? I thought it was only Brady and equipment guys who were believed to be involved.

Forum List

Back