NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated

Brady knew. The QB would be the first person to know how well the balls were inflated.

The NFL QBs each have very exacting standards for their team's footballs.

The ball boys and equipment people spend HOURS making the balls just so to please the starting QBs desires.

NOW they ALL have amnesia. Nobody involved cares a hoot about how the balls are prepared or how they are inflated.

If the balls were deflated by 2 lbs it was on direction by Tom Brady. There is a reason why the balls were prepared like they were. Tom Brady likes a football that squeezes somewhat when he grips it obviously. The other motivator is the outcome on the other end of the pass. The stats. Brady like ALL other QBs like completed passes. It is easier to catch a football that compresses where the hands grab it from flight increasing the chances of a completion. This is especially true when the ball is wet or cold.

Another reason is the threat of the interception. As was demonstrated in the Seahawk game last Sunday when the ball skips off of the hands of the intended receiver it flies farther making the possibility of an interception more likely.

There are good reasons to make the ball easier to throw and catch. There are good reasons to have rules to limit the catchability and throwability of the ball so it is the same as possible for all players. It's called a level playing field.

Brady knew. The QB would be the first person to know how well the balls were inflated.
yeah what a clever liar.even USATODAY said him and belicheat didn't really answer the questions,that they actually evaded them instead.

the NFL is becoming nothing more than a joke today. First the homosexual loser player, then wife beaters. they have murderers, dog fighting, and every criminal in the book playing for them. But now they are worried over deflated frikken footballs.

the NFL is becoming nothing more than a joke today. First the homosexual loser player, then wife beaters. they have murderers, dog fighting, and every criminal in the book playing for them. But now they are worried over deflated frikken footballs.

for once,i actually agree with you.the NFL really became a joke back in the early 80's when they started allowing franchises that had played in their cities for over 50 years to move to another city.that was a travesty of justice.I mean were talking teams that had long historys playing in their cities.the colts in Baltimore and the Rams in LA,the rams one was the biggest shocker because they had been there for over 50 years and whoever thought they would be allowed to leave the second biggest media market in the country? that's like the Yankees leaving new York for san Antonio.

Teams being allowed to move to another city and domed stadiums also have ruined the game more than anything else. domed stadiums? wtf is up with that? the game was not meant to be played indoors like basketball is.jesus.pisses me off that the Vikings had a chace to right themselves but they are screwing it up again with a DOME stadium of course.

now with everything you have mentioned,it has become more of a joke that it ever was even back when it all got started int he 80's.

Anyone who has played sports at any level knows that a deflated ball is easier to grip though It doesn't "fly" as good when you throw it. Plus, you don't need an air gauge to determine if the ball is at the right pressure, you can simply "feel' if it's right pressure or not. Brady if full of shit and just playing Lawyer Games with Semantics.

Which also brings up another question: "Are the Field Goal Kickers footballs over inflated?

The New England Patriots are cheaters. They have been cheating for the 50+ years I've been watching football. I know, I'm a Dolphin fan and have seen the Patriots play twice a year for almost 50 years.

Those of you who don't have that experience might know if the more famous of the cheating. There is the "Snowplow Incident", the "Tuck Rule", and the videotaping of opposing teams. Now there is this scandal. Just going by their history, I'd say they are guilty as sin.

The New England Patriots should have all of their Super Bowl victories stripped from them, have their club disbanded, and their stadium burned to the ground.

They represent all that is foul and corrupt in pro sports today.

How did Michael Sam make your list? He's gay. He's not a criminal or a cheater. :dunno:

I'd agree with the rest of your post, but I hate to. My team is the Steelers. We have Rapistberger. :D

The New England Patriots are cheaters. They have been cheating for the 50+ years I've been watching football. I know, I'm a Dolphin fan and have seen the Patriots play twice a year for almost 50 years.

Those of you who don't have that experience might know if the more famous of the cheating. There is the "Snowplow Incident", the "Tuck Rule", and the videotaping of opposing teams. Now there is this scandal. Just going by their history, I'd say they are guilty as sin.

The New England Patriots should have all of their Super Bowl victories stripped from them, have their club disbanded, and their stadium burned to the ground.

"Stadium burned to the ground" was a nice touch. Panthers coach's house burned just before their game with Hawks. ??????

Fair question.

How did Michael Sam make your list? He's gay. He's not a criminal or a cheater. :dunno:

I'd agree with the rest of your post, but I hate to. My team is the Steelers. We have Rapistberger. :D

Maybe we should have the rapist's strip club burned to the ground.

the cheatriots for sure won their first superbowl thanks to that bullshit tuck rule.No way in hell would that bullshit call have been made had that game been played in oakland.I think that was just because the refs were afraid of getting out of there alive.again no way do thay make that bs call in oakland.I was happy the raiders got their revenge the next year and beat them in oakland on a monday night game.

same as the dallas/detroit game.the refs were afraid of getting out alive so they picked up the yellow flag after initially making the right call.if that game is played in detroit,no way do they pick up that flag.

DOnt refs ever check them before game starts? They handle them all season and couldnt tell they were low?

DOnt refs ever check them before game starts? They handle them all season and couldnt tell they were low?

They are checked by officials a couple hours before the game. They confirmed that they were properly inflated at that time, but under inflated by halftime.

I was bored with this story the day it first came out. NE 42 -10

How many AFC East Championships have the Cheatriots won due to this cheating? It is amazing and Gooddell will look the other way. Remember, he destroyed the evidence in the Camgate scandal. I expect his butt buddy, Bob Kraft asked him to do that.

I guess I will once again start following NASCAR closely.

I was bored with this story the day it first came out. NE 42 -10
the cheatriots have not won a game since they got cheating and you expect a blowout even though it will pretty much be a home game for the hawks being in arizona where hawks fans usually have just as big numbers there as cardinals fans do?:badgrin:

Forum List

Back