NewGuy's Disproving Evolution Thread

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Because of you liberal teachers who want zero accountability for yourselves and are active participants in the dumbing down of america. That's a good reason.

You people make me ill.

WHAT THE FUCK! TN isn't a liberal I believe and has he come out and said he was a teacher? Did I miss that post?

Originally posted by OCA
WHAT THE FUCK! TN isn't a liberal I believe and has he come out and said he was a teacher? Did I miss that post?

Independants are always really liberals, in my experience.

TN, are you voting for Kerry? Do you approve of school choice and vouchers? Is your grade inflation ruining our nation, or is it necessary to protect the fragile self esteem of the lesser students?

Originally posted by OCA

OCA, I am indeed a public school teacher. I am proud to say that, regardless of what some of the more ignorant among the population would say.

As for being a liberal, there are some folks who would claim that all independents are liberals. My wife would disagree (she is a liberal). She claims I'm a "half-assed" Republican. What she means is that on most issues I tend to lean to the conservative side, but that I from time to time see the liberal point of view (and even side with this view on occasion).

:D

Independants are always really liberals, in my experience.

TN, are you voting for Kerry? Do you approve of school choice and vouchers? Is your grade inflation ruining our nation, or is it necessary to protect the fragile self esteem of the lesser students?

TN let me translate, lesser students=minorities

Originally posted by OCA

No. Not necessarily. Some minorities, some whites.

Should we expect you to be dealing from your deck of race cards for the remainder of the thread?

Originally posted by TN_Independent
So, if I read this correctly, you do not believe in any evolution? If that be the case, what about fossilized records substantiating evolution of many of the species on Earth? Do you not accept this as <b>fact</b>?

Again, my original post of proof shows all about the fossils.

What about modern observable examples of evolution?

Which one are you speaking of?

Could you cite specific examples of your proof "according to the Bible"? This is rather vague and therefore I might misinterpret your meaning. I would agree that there are many facts in the Bible that can be substantiated with scientific proof. These verifiable facts do not, though, scientifically substantiate all of the Bible.

The Bible makes claims and proves its self to be of devine origin. Add the facts in question in the post and you have the proof. You would appear to not have read the Biblical references.

As to proof of evolution, the instances are many (and again, I reiterate that I'm speaking of evolution not of the human species, but of other life evolution). For example, a species of moth in Europe that for centuries was light colored changed to dark coloring with the dawn of the industrial revolution in response to the trees that it survived on darkening from the smoke and pollution. That, without a doubt, is evolution.

That is mutation, and if we want to use "Evolution" as a term in description, we have to redefine "evolution". You cannot call this and humans originating from primates BOTH evolution.

Pardon me, but this is so much psychobabble to me. Could be I'm simply not intelligent enough to understand it. Or maybe its so much ado about nothing.
What are you talking about? Do you know what psychobabble IS?

I have told you what the format of the proof was and why.

There can be no doubt about this, at least to Christians. That said, the Bible is read interpretively by each person and faith is the reason that we accept it.

So which is it? Is it divine? -Or is it interpreted to mean something different every time?

Your interpretations and mine, after reading the same passage, will be different. I simply do not see the Biblical and the scientific as two mutually exclusive parts.

Ummm.....you were the one who accepts science that opposes Biblical statements, not me.

Which one is it? Do you accept the Bible or contradictory "science"?

NewGuy,

Twice now you have resorted to infantile name calling, and in so doing completely dodged the issue.

I will try one last time, and then I wash my hands of you.

Zhukov for the third time
All I want from you is: the disputation of the concept of genetic changes in a species over succesive generations over time by the forces and mechanisms of natural selection.

"The Bible is self provingly divine, therefore, literally accurate in every way " You can't argue with this fixed mindset.

Originally posted by TN_Independent
OCA, I am indeed a public school teacher. I am proud to say that, regardless of what some of the more ignorant among the population would say.

As for being a liberal, there are some folks who would claim that all independents are liberals. My wife would disagree (she is a liberal). She claims I'm a "half-assed" Republican. What she means is that on most issues I tend to lean to the conservative side, but that I from time to time see the liberal point of view (and even side with this view on occasion).

:D

Now that I can respect. With me it would be hard for me to call myself an indeoendent because I agree with 9 out of 10 things on the right but i'm not so arrogant like some(ahem, ahem) to think that the other side doesn't have some merit from time to time.

No. Not necessarily. Some minorities, some whites.

Should we expect you to be dealing from your deck of race cards for the remainder of the thread?

I calls em like I sees em boss :D

So what about grade inflation and dumbing down classes. Something you had to do because of not enough funding?

Originally posted by OCA

I am not voting for Kerry. Given the choices I have, I'll be voting for Bush. He is not my first choice, though. I would have much preferred to cast a vote for John McCain. Or Allen Keyes.

I am in favor of school choice/vouchers, so long as there is no discrimination in the selection process (reverse or otherwise). I believe that it would promote better schools.

My grade system is not inflated, so I cannot answer from a personal standpoint. I do agree, however, that the grading system used today is not what it should be.

Also, OCA, I would submit that there are many "lesser" students who are not minorities. I understand that that is probably what he meant, though.

The problems of public education, and there are problems, are many and wide-ranging and this is not the thread for them. I do not have my head in the sand to them, though. If you want an education thread, I'll be happy to participate.

Originally posted by OCA
New Age Avenger how'bout it? Perot and Anderson, liberals?

I know anyone who can justify the amount we spend on education and the shit results we get is a liberal.

I know anyone who can justify the amount we spend on education and the shit results we get is a liberal.

Nice avoidance, try answering the question this time, or am I to assume you can pester New Guy about not answering a question but when a straightforward one is posed to you the same rules don't apply?

Originally posted by OCA
Nice avoidance, try answering the question this time, or am I to assume you can pester New Guy about not answering a question but when a straightforward one is posed to you the same rules don't apply?

I'm not answering your question. I don't know enough about them, really.

It's just been my experience that most people who make a big point of being independants usually turn out to be liberals. Maybe you've had a different experience. I'll allow for that.

Let's talk about education, Gertie.

Zhukov this is just a qurestion not an accusation so don"t take it that way. Do you also subscribe to the evolutional theories put forth by our residen racists her on the board as pertaining to intelligence pertaining to Europeans vs darker races?

Originally posted by OCA
Zhukov this is just a qurestion not an accusation so don"t take it that way. Do you also subscribe to the evolutional theories put forth by our residen racists her on the board as pertaining to intelligence pertaining to Europeans vs darker races?

Your constant drum beat of calling people racist is getting quite old. You're the only one I've seen advocating discrimination of any kind. Knock it off, Wilma.

Zhukov:
NewGuy,

Twice now you have resorted to infantile name calling, and in so doing completely dodged the issue.

No, I have not. I have adressed OTHERS who were insulting which is not any concern of yours, so quit being an antagonist and taking things out of context.

No issue was dodged. Read the thread.

I will try one last time, and then I wash my hands of you.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zhukov for the third time
All I want from you is: the disputation of the concept of genetic changes in a species over succesive generations over time by the forces and mechanisms of natural selection.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I don't care how many times you try.
2. "Wash your hands of me"? Big whoop. If you won't read the evidence, one question answered won't satisfy you either. I really don't care if you believe it or not.
3. You "want" and ONLY "want" me to disprove "evidence" based on its self. That is the stupidest scientific thing I have ever heard of. Read my post. It disproves ANY validity of your fossils. This therfore undermines anything you believe based on that as fact.

If you tell your lie long enough, you will not convince ME.

Forum List

Back