NewGuy's Disproving Evolution Thread

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
I believe humans evolved from letter primate species. Some people feel evolution is not how we were created. One of them is newguy. He will take it from here.

Newguy, you have the floor. I yield the remainder of my time to the representative from Crazystan.

• Banned
Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I don't remember how evolution was disproved either. In all seriousness, care to clue me in?

I don't know where either. Newguy just keeps saying he disproved it. He told me or zhukov to start a thread and he would disprove evolution. I figured it would be worth a laugh or two, minimum.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I don't know where either. Newguy just keeps saying he disproved it. He told me or zhukov to start a thread and he would disprove evolution. I figured it would be worth a laugh or two, minimum.

As I said, you will have to wait about another 8 hours.

• Banned
Originally posted by NewGuy
As I said, you will have to wait about another 8 hours.

OK. I'll bump this tomorrow. Then we'll see.

Originally posted by OCA
If you are a Christian you can't possibly believe in evolution, to me its a matter of faith not proof.

If you are a Christian with an analytical mind, you not only have faith, (and know WHY), but can tear the crap out of any contradicting science.

:D

Originally posted by NewGuy
If you are a Christian with an analytical mind, you not only have faith, (and know WHY), but can tear the crap out of any contradicting science.

:D

ok, so besides the theory of evolution, what do you consider contradicting science?

Originally posted by OCA
If you are a Christian you can't possibly believe in evolution, to me its a matter of faith not proof.

Why? I think most westerners who believe in evolution are Christians. Why do you feel the two are mutually exclusive?

Evolution is the result of the mechanisms of natural selection. Why couldn't your Christian God be the originator of those mechanisms and the guiding hand in the way those mechanisms operate over time?

Why couldn't an omnipotent deity arrange the initial conditions of the Universe in such a way that it would naturally result in what we have today?

Those are at least two of the ways Christians who believe in evolution understand their faith.

Are these people not Christians to you? Why not?

Originally posted by Zhukov
Why? I think most westerners who believe in evolution are Christians. Why do you feel the two are mutually exclusive?

Evolution is the result of the mechanisms of natural selection. Why couldn't your Christian God be the originator of those mechanisms and the guiding hand in the way those mechanisms operate over time?

Why couldn't an omnipotent deity arrange the initial conditions of the Universe in such a way that it would naturally result in what we have today?

Those are at least two of the ways Christians who believe in evolution understand their faith.

Are these people not Christians to you? Why not?

I'm mostly speaking about how humans were created. I wholly believe in the book of Genesis, Adam and Eve and all that good stuff. I was referring to RWA;'s claim that we evolved from primates which I wholly disagree with. As for evolution, yeah I believe that in an intellectual sense we havwe been evolving forever but I don't believe that we were ever apes.

Well as I was describing those Christians who believe in evolution, I did mean that they believe humans evolved from other primates. Why aren't they Christians to you?

They just don't take as literal an interpretation of Genesis as fundamentalists, in that a 'day' would not be the same as a traditionally understood 24 hour period.

Other than that, they believe in the divinity, sacrifice, and message of the Christ just like any other Christian.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Well as I was describing those Christians who believe in evolution, I did mean that they believe humans evolved from other primates. Why aren't they Christians to you?

They just don't take as literal an interpretation of Genesis as fundamentalists, in that a 'day' would not be the same as a traditionally understood 24 hour period.

Other than that, they believe in the divinity, sacrifice, and message of the Christ just like any other Christian.

I never said that they weren't Christians although i've never met one who has personally expressed that they believed in evolution. I don't think that God is gonna care if you believe in Darwin or Genesis as long as you lived your life as well as you could according to what the Bible says.

Originally posted by OCA
I never said that they weren't Christians although i've never met one who has personally expressed that they believed in evolution. I don't think that God is gonna care if you believe in Darwin or Genesis as long as you lived your life as well as you could according to what the Bible says.

look at you back off like a little bitch. haha!

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
look at you back off like a little bitch. haha!

You know you really are a piece of shit, its called compromise something you are obviously lacking in. Explains why you have no wife and no life.

If humans evolved from primates, then humans become no better than any other animal. However, the Bible makes it clear that humans are not just another part of creation. We are specifically made "in His image," with a soul that animals do not possess. That is why I cannot believe that humans evolved from primates.

Another question that evolution cannot answer is the origin of life. I refuse to believe that a lightning bolt hit a pond full of proteins and fused together enough DNA for a single-celled organism to come to life. It would take more faith for me to believe that than it would to believe in God.

Originally posted by OCA

About 5 years ago, Pope John Paul accepted the concept of evolution and the science supporting it. That's pretty good for the Vatican...It took them 500 years to accept Gallileo's findings.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
About 5 years ago, Pope John Paul accepted the concept of evolution and the science supporting it. That's pretty good for the Vatican...It took them 500 years to accept Gallileo's findings.

Catholocism isn't Christianity.

How many times do you have to hear this you weenie?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
If humans evolved from primates, then humans become no better than any other animal. However, the Bible makes it clear that humans are not just another part of creation. We are specifically made "in His image," with a soul that animals do not possess. That is why I cannot believe that humans evolved from primates.

Another question that evolution cannot answer is the origin of life. I refuse to believe that a lightning bolt hit a pond full of proteins and fused together enough DNA for a single-celled organism to come to life. It would take more faith for me to believe that than it would to believe in God.

In His...Or Her image? If you look back far enough, you'll find that every biblical story is an echo of the religious mythos of the cultures that preceeded Christianity. SO is the Supreme Being male?, Or female? Or perhaps both?

As to Humans being "...no better than any other animal..." that is essentially true on the physical level. It is our neurological developement, and the cognitive capabilities that it gives rise to, that set us above other animals.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
In His...Or Her image? If you look back far enough, you'll find that every biblical story is an echo of the religious mythos of the cultures that preceeded Christianity. SO is the Supreme Being male?, Or female? Or perhaps both?

As to Humans being "...no better than any other animal..." that is essentially true on the physical level. It is our neurological developement, and the cognitive capabilities that it gives rise to, that set us above other animals.

And what method of dating do you refer to to prove this?

Forum List

Back