Dubbyuh needs to be more a conservative and less "neo"

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A64323-2004May3?language=printer>Time for Bush to See The Realities of Iraq</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>By George F. Will

Tuesday, May 4, 2004; Page A25

Oh? Who?

Appearing Friday in the Rose Garden with Canada's prime minister, President Bush was answering a reporter's question about Canada's role in Iraq when suddenly he swerved into this extraneous thought:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self-govern. I reject that. I reject that strongly. I believe that people who practice the Muslim faith can self-govern. I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily -- are a different color than white can self-govern."

What does such careless talk say about the mind of this administration? Note that the clearly implied antecedent of the pronoun "ours" is "Americans." So the president seemed to be saying that white is, and brown is not, the color of Americans' skin. He does not mean that. But that is the sort of swamp one wanders into when trying to deflect doubts about policy by caricaturing and discrediting the doubters.

Scott McClellan, the president's press secretary, later said the president meant only that "there are some in the world that think that some people can't be free" or "can't live in freedom." The president meant that "some Middle Eastern countries -- that the people in those Middle Eastern countries cannot be free."

Perhaps that, which is problematic enough, is what the president meant. But what he suggested was: Some persons -- perhaps many persons; no names being named, the smear remained tantalizingly vague -- doubt his nation-building project because they are racists.</blockquote>

Conservatives are beginning to turn on Dubbyuh as they are coming to realize just what a dangerous idiot he really is. Of course, the neocons could give a shit so long as they hold the reins.

Are you really trying to smear Bush as a racist who thinks that all Americans are white? That's quite a stretch, even for you, Bully. It's clear what Bush is trying to address: the people who say that Muslims can't live in a free democratic society. He rebuked them, as they should be rebuked.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Are you really trying to smear Bush as a racist who thinks that all Americans are white? That's quite a stretch, even for you, Bully. It's clear what Bush is trying to address: the people who say that Muslims can't live in a free democratic society. He rebuked them, as they should be rebuked.

Just read Will's article. It speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Just read Will's article. It speaks for itself.

Why?

Because you can't speak for YOURSELF? Jeff is right.

<center><h1><a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A64323-2004May3?language=printer>Time for Bush to See The Realities of Iraq</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>By George F. Will

Tuesday, May 4, 2004; Page A25

Oh? Who?

Appearing Friday in the Rose Garden with Canada's prime minister, President Bush was answering a reporter's question about Canada's role in Iraq when suddenly he swerved into this extraneous thought:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self-govern. I reject that. I reject that strongly. I believe that people who practice the Muslim faith can self-govern. I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily -- are a different color than white can self-govern."

What does such careless talk say about the mind of this administration? Note that the clearly implied antecedent of the pronoun "ours" is "Americans." So the president seemed to be saying that white is, and brown is not, the color of Americans' skin. He does not mean that. But that is the sort of swamp one wanders into when trying to deflect doubts about policy by caricaturing and discrediting the doubters.

Scott McClellan, the president's press secretary, later said the president meant only that "there are some in the world that think that some people can't be free" or "can't live in freedom." The president meant that "some Middle Eastern countries -- that the people in those Middle Eastern countries cannot be free."

Perhaps that, which is problematic enough, is what the president meant. But what he suggested was: Some persons -- perhaps many persons; no names being named, the smear remained tantalizingly vague -- doubt his nation-building project because they are racists.</blockquote>

Conservatives are beginning to turn on Dubbyuh as they are coming to realize just what a dangerous idiot he really is. Of course, the neocons could give a shit so long as they hold the reins.

More slandrous radical garbage, Bush's support from conservatives is strong and getting stronger.

Give up the "stupid" remark, it's been proven wrong time and time again.

The INTELLEGENT people on this board are getting tired if this radical leftist crap.

Post something of real value, or don't post at all.

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

Gop guy, I thought I asked this politely already, but please stop quoting large articles when replying. It just makes the threads harder to read. Just hit the reply button. Thanks

Originally posted by Gop guy
More slandrous radical garbage, Bush's support from conservatives is strong and getting stronger.

Give up the "stupid" remark, it's been proven wrong time and time again.

The INTELLEGENT people on this board are getting tired if this radical leftist crap.

Post something of real value, or don't post at all.

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

Send an e-mail to George Will...syndicated conservative columnist for a number of national dailys.

Send an e-mail to George Will...syndicated conservative columnist for a number of national dailys.

Thats right cause you have no original thought. you just post other people's thoughts that you so easily buy into and never bother to back up the points because you don't know what to say.

"Conservatives are beginning to turn on Dubbyuh as they are coming to realize just what a dangerous idiot he really is. Of course, the neocons could give a shit so long as they hold the reins."

If you want to argue that George Bush is not glib, you're right.

If you believe that Geoge Bush is very poor at extemporaneous speaking, you are doubly correct.

However, if you want to extrapolate that to the conclusion that he is a "dangerous idiot", then your logic is as flimsy as your evidence.

I am no great fan of Pres. Bush. He is far too liberal for my liking. But the alternative is to elect someone of dubious character, devoid of ethics, totally lacking in conviction and incapable of either recognizing or speaking the truth. So if you make the accusation that "neocons could give a shit so long as they hold the reins.", what does that say about your support for that sleazy slime ball being touted by the Democrats in this election?

Forum List

Back