What do you guys think of the colorcoded alert system?

I don't see anything wrong with it,but the media seems to be critical of it.

I like it, but it's fun to make fun of. BTW, the idiots are coming out in full force, so this board has gone to magenta alert. Everyone get your flamethrowers. You won't have much time to retaliate before they're gone.

:flameth: :flameth:

I think it's good. It lets you know that something is out there, unlike before where we were all in the dark.

Zukhov,

I've read where France's is similar. How is it different?

France gets a lot of street bombs from what I've read, so they may need different codes.

Originally posted by Tippy Toes
I think it's good. It lets you know that something is out there, unlike before where we were all in the dark.

Zukhov,

France gets a lot of street bombs from what I've read, so they may need different codes.

It was a joke. There was a picture there, but now it is gone.

I think it is silly. Really all it does is linger around yellow then go up to orange around holidays. It is useless and just another tool of the government to manipulate and scare the general public to agree to any measures George Bush wants, such as the Patriot Act.

Originally posted by CrazyLiberal
I think it is silly. Really all it does is linger around yellow then go up to orange around holidays. It is useless and just another tool of the government to manipulate and scare the general public to agree to any measures George Bush wants, such as the Patriot Act.

It is generally useless. But I don't see it the extreme terms you do, koolaid.

IT was the few members of the public who cried that they wanted to know what was happening because 9/11 caught them off guard. Thus you have your system. Yellow your failry calm. Orange your alittle more alert. Red your heads up for anything. People wanted to know and now they do.

Originally posted by Gop guy
I think it works fine, you?

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

I think its the stupidest thing the government ever thought of. I amazed that someone was actually paid my hard earned tax dollars to come up with this cockamamie BS. I mean, it goes up to orange, and they tell us "don't be alarmed, go about your normal daily activities". What's the point then? What am I supposed to DO when the level is at orange? Nothing? Well, then why do I even care what color it is?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Actually, though, I think our system is fine. The military uses similar systems for just about everything.

The key difference is the military is actually supposed to act differently at different alert levels. Apparently, the whole damn color coded terrorist alert system exists so we can ignore it and go about our daily activities. What, when its orange, I'm supposed to report activity I think is terrorist related, and when its yellow, if I see terrorist related activity, I should just let it slide?

Originally posted by Tippy Toes

Zukhov,

It let's us know something is out there? WHAT exactly?

Originally posted by insein
IT was the few members of the public who cried that they wanted to know what was happening because 9/11 caught them off guard. Thus you have your system. Yellow your failry calm. Orange your alittle more alert. Red your heads up for anything. People wanted to know and now they do.

And what color do you think it would have been on 9/11 before the first plane hit?

Let's see, it probably would have either been

Yellow - everyone still goes to work at the WTC and dies

or

Orange - the government tells everyone to go about their daily activities, so everyone goes to work at the WTC and dies

Wow, what a great system! Sure would have made a difference!

The origin of the color code was in reponse to the medias' outcry. They criticized the govt for "not having a plan" . Sound familiar? In my opinon it was the first organized left wing attack on Bush after 9-11. The left just couldnt sit there forever and not blame someone else. In practice its as good as anything but more importantly it put out a fire that the media started. When I hear someone complain about it now I realize how desperate the left really is.

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
I think its the stupidest thing the government ever thought of. I amazed that someone was actually paid my hard earned tax dollars to come up with this cockamamie BS. I mean, it goes up to orange, and they tell us "don't be alarmed, go about your normal daily activities". What's the point then? What am I supposed to DO when the level is at orange? Nothing? Well, then why do I even care what color it is?

Actually the stupidest thing the government thought up was paying people not to work. That was brilliant comparitively.

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
And what color do you think it would have been on 9/11 before the first plane hit?

Let's see, it probably would have either been

Yellow - everyone still goes to work at the WTC and dies

or

Orange - the government tells everyone to go about their daily activities, so everyone goes to work at the WTC and dies

Wow, what a great system! Sure would have made a difference!

Never said it was a great system. I merely stated the reason for its creation.

Forum List

Back