NBC Purged Jay Leno Because He Dared Criticize Obama

It has been a long time since Leno was must watch TV or was the subject of "Did you hear what Leno said last night?"

In terms of topical humor he has been surpassed by Fallon, Stewart and Colbert

It has been a long time since Leno was must watch TV or was the subject of "Did you hear what Leno said last night?"

Only in your neck of the woods, and that is by design.

and yet fallon has the highest tonight show ratings in twenty years.

so what does that say about the power of your neck of the woods?

Yea....Leno can still come out with those knee slappers

He is very big in Senior Village, old ladies love him

Jimmy Fallon is so much better than Leno. I rarely watched Leno ever and there was a reason for that, he isn't funny. I still watch Letterman and he's old, difference is, he's still very funny.

Jimmy Fallon appeals to you. Leno appealed to the previous audience. Now NBC is moving on from that audience. That audience is moving away from NBC. Leno was the only thing keeping them there. Fallon is in with the popular people on the left. He tells jokes they like, at the expense of the GOP. Leno made fun of everyone. Leno is basically the middle while Fallon is the left. An era in television has come to a close. NBC is officially in with the radicals on the left and that's what they want to stake their claim to. They just hope that you folks don't get bored with them. Maybe all they need to do is say rotten things about Republicans to keep you watching.

I think it had something to do with Jimmy bringing the Tonight Show back to New York. Johnny Carson made a mistake taking it to Burbank or wherever it was. Leno's voice is weird, he doesn't have good timing and he isn't fun to look at with that huge jaw.

Letterman and Fallon are naturals. I love Fallon more everytime I see him.

Leno looks funny. He got laughs just from wiggling his head and talking like that. Fallon has his niche too. Acting crazy. Letterman is a jerk. Cher called him an asshole to his face on his show. But he's a funny asshole.

and yet fallon has the highest tonight show ratings in twenty years.

so what does that say about the power of your neck of the woods?

It has something more to do with promotion.

Leno was an old reliable. He stayed because he competed well in the late night wars. People that hate Letterman liked Leno. Now there's no Leno, so the audience will have to watch O'Reilly reruns.

I didn't watch Leno myself, because I have to be up O Dark Thirty in the morning. I'm in bed by then cutting z's.

Isn't it funny? How the left wingers on this board.....seem to have a problem with Leno. They seem to be unified in saying he sucked, or only appealed to old people etc etc.

Funny, isn't it?

They say Fallon received the biggest ratings? Wow, there is a shock. They put on an absolute full court press on special promotions and guests. Nothing compared to the feeble promotions of guests for Leno over the last 5 years. I mean the bells and whistles have been pretty over the top since Fallon took over? Denying that?

There is almost no way for Fallon to fail, regardless of his man crush obsession of Justin Timberlake, or his whole shtick where he will take something from childhood, rope in a superstar celebrity, and beat it to death.

Not everyone fell for Fallon’s annoying smirky, impish personality. It’s been reported that other SNL cast members weren’t keen on his antics. Tracy Morgan was bothered by the “laughing and all that dumb [bleep] he used to do — he wouldn’t mess with me because I didn’t [bleep]ing play that shit. That’s taking all the attention off of everybody else and putting it on you, like, ‘Oh, look at me, I’m the cute one.’ I told him not to do that shit in my sketches, so he never did.”

Tracy Morgan Hates Jimmy Fallon Just As Much As You Do -- Vulture

Yeah, I do find it interesting how the liberals on this board seem to be unanimous in their disdain for Leno. You see what happens when liberals or democrats are ever criticized or light is shed on their bullshit? It is funny watching them get all offended.

Last edited:
I like nice people. Some people like assholes. Some people like people who act nice. Fallon acts like he's nice. Leno was nice. I would watch ether one, but not on NBC, because they're assholes.

Isn't it funny? How the left wingers on this board.....seem to have a problem with Leno. They seem to be unified in saying he sucked, or only appealed to old people etc etc.

Funny, isn't it?

I stated twice that I find him funny but no longer exceptionally funny. I also stated that I have no idea why Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel have their status.

They say Fallon received the biggest ratings? Wow, there is a shock. They put on an absolute full court press on special promotions and guests. Nothing compared to the feeble promotions of guests for Leno over the last 5 years. I mean the bells and whistles have been pretty over the top since Fallon took over? Denying that?

There is almost no way for Fallon to fail, regardless of his man crush obsession of Justin Timberlake, or his whole shtick where he will take something from childhood, rope in a superstar celebrity, and beat it to death.

Not everyone fell for Fallon’s annoying smirky, impish personality. It’s been reported that other SNL cast members weren’t keen on his antics. Tracy Morgan was bothered by the “laughing and all that dumb [bleep] he used to do — he wouldn’t mess with me because I didn’t [bleep]ing play that shit. That’s taking all the attention off of everybody else and putting it on you, like, ‘Oh, look at me, I’m the cute one.’ I told him not to do that shit in my sketches, so he never did.”

I was never sure what the guy had done previously...you know him better than I do.

Yeah, I do find it interesting how the liberals on this board seem to be unanimous in their disdain for Leno. You see what happens when liberals or democrats are ever criticized or light is shed on their bullshit? It is funny watching them get all offended.

SNL snipes at Obama every week. Letterman does quite often from what I see.

Hardly does one have anything to do with their employment prospects. Basically what you're seeing is that the conservatives have been playing the victim for so long, it's no longer a passive syndrome....you guys have gone offensive with it to where now you find bizarre reasons to find your ideology under attack.

As far as I knew--I really don't pay attention to comedic politics unless they bring it up--Leno was a liberal. I recall when Bob Hope passed away, he referred to Hope's conservatism as being "overlooked" because he was such a talent.

---

Upcoming on the Conservistan Evening News....the Obama Conspiracy to kill Bob Hope.

Funny, isn't it?

I don't hate Leno....I just don't find him funny anymore

Happens to all comedians who stick around too long

Well, to tell you the truth. I have not watched late night television......in a long long time. I personally thing O'brien is the funniest and smartest of all of them. I do not really watch much of though.

Jimmy Fallon appeals to you. Leno appealed to the previous audience. Now NBC is moving on from that audience. That audience is moving away from NBC. Leno was the only thing keeping them there. Fallon is in with the popular people on the left. He tells jokes they like, at the expense of the GOP. Leno made fun of everyone. Leno is basically the middle while Fallon is the left. An era in television has come to a close. NBC is officially in with the radicals on the left and that's what they want to stake their claim to. They just hope that you folks don't get bored with them. Maybe all they need to do is say rotten things about Republicans to keep you watching.

I think it had something to do with Jimmy bringing the Tonight Show back to New York. Johnny Carson made a mistake taking it to Burbank or wherever it was. Leno's voice is weird, he doesn't have good timing and he isn't fun to look at with that huge jaw.

Letterman and Fallon are naturals. I love Fallon more everytime I see him.

Leno looks funny. He got laughs just from wiggling his head and talking like that. Fallon has his niche too. Acting crazy. Letterman is a jerk. Cher called him an asshole to his face on his show. But he's a funny asshole.

I agree!

I think Leno is funny. He's from a more gentle era of comedy though and it may not be in tune with what people are used to seeing through the prime-time line up. When Cosby, Seinfeld, and the like had their shows, you had a whole 4-6 hour block of comedies and even dramas that were more gentle than what you have today (L&O SVU for example). Now the audience is a bit more edgy and Leno seemed ill suited.

NBA got rid of the highest rated late night show because they didn't like his audience. They lost that audience with Fallon ' s failure to reach those numbers. Liberals are happy to deny reality by now claiming that Leno has become unpopular.

They canned him because he was old. Just like you will be if you aren't already,

Old and funny is cool. Don Rickles Bill Murry Steve Matrin Geroge Carin

Old and not funny...gets you fired.

Young and not funny is no better. Like Jimmy Fallon for example.

He is shtick at best. Annoying as hell.

Also, there are many apparently many that did not think Leno was dull. He still had the best ratings.

Last edited:
They canned him because he was old. Just like you will be if you aren't already,

Also, there are many apparently that did not think Leno was dull. He still had the best ratings.

The Tonight Show brand has always gotten good ratings. Lets give it a year and see how Fallon is doing

That is rather obvious and also very obvious how the Democrats are rallying around his successor.

Was Jay Leno Canned by NBC For Criticizing Obama? - Conservative Byte

You are unspeakably gullible to believe this comic-book shit.

NBC is a commercial, for-profit corporation. Like any for-profit TV network, there are exactly three reasons they would drop a show or a host:

1. Ratings and money
2. Money and ratings
3. Both 1 and 2

Period.

The objective of everything you see on commercial TV is to make money, by snagging enough audience to charge big ad rates. That's IT. Ideologies don't pay the bills. Even Fox Noise knows that.

Perhaps this post put it most obviously:

Are you fucking kidding me? :lol:

Jay Leno read jokes off a teleprompter. If NBC had any issue with Obama jabs, those jokes wouldn't have made it on there in the first place.

Jesus child-molesting Christ some people will believe anything.

Sheesh. Gullible's Travels.

NBC called themselves the Green Channel at one time. Funny how it happened around the time that Obama was trying to push shutting down deep-water drilling.

They're trying to conceal what they're up to by saying they want to appeal to young people. In fact, they are the top network answering to the White House. ESPN has been talking about Gays coming out in sports non-stop for weeks, so my guess is they are the White House's sports network.

It's not a coincidence that whatever topic the White House wants to focus on these stations do as well, as if on cue.

It's not about money in a commercial sense. Obama has promised these folks a bailout if they go broke anyway, just like he promised insurance companies if they went along with him on Obamacare.

:lmao:

You have to be profoundly ignorant of how commercial broadcasting works to put up a post like this. Paranoia probably helps though. Yes, it's always about money, and money is always "in a commercial sense". :rolleyes:

NBC's been around since 1926 and has reach everywhere. It's so big, the entire ABC network was born from it. It ain't about to "go broke".
rofl.gif

NBC called themselves the Green Channel at one time. Funny how it happened around the time that Obama was trying to push shutting down deep-water drilling.

If you're referring to this -- that was 2007, which would be during the Bush administration, over a year before O'bama was even elected, and three years before Deepwater Horizon, so yeah, "funny" how they were able to anticipate all this three years prior.

But hey, when you're making myths, facts and linear time just get in the way.

Last edited:

Also, there are many apparently that did not think Leno was dull. He still had the best ratings.

The Tonight Show brand has always gotten good ratings. Lets give it a year and see how Fallon is doing

I predict his ratings will be high. Just that I happen to feel the demographic that actually watched the Tonight Show, are not the young people....18 to 30. No way.

The age group I would assume that would comprise the major portion of the viewing audience is....40 to 70.

We will see if the Leno humor appeals more to them than Fallon.

Forum List

Back