Jane Fonda

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Get the tissues ready......

1."'I have so little time left!' Jane Fonda, 76, reveals she can't stop crying as she comes to terms with her own mortality

2. ...admits she has been brought to tears on more than one occasion recently as she comes to terms with her own mortality.

3. In a thoughtful blog post entitled 'Crying', which has since been removed, Jane wrote: '[I've been thinking], how come my tears are so close to the surface? And I’ve come to feel it has to do with age. I have become so wonderfully, terribly aware of time, of how little of it I have left; how much of it is behind me, and everything becomes so precious.'

4. 'I've listed sad things but what startles me even more is how I get emotional about nice things,.....

5. The thrice-married prolific blogger, who has three children, also joked she is becoming so weepy these days that she can 'only wear waterproof mascara from now on'."
Jane Fonda 'keeps crying as she comes to terms with her mortality' | Mail Online

And....in two related stories......

6. "You don’t know America if you don’t know the Jane Fonda cult. Or rather, the anti-Fonda cult. At places where soldiers or former soldiers congregate, there’ll be stickers of her likeness on the urinals;...."
Rick Perlstein reviews ?Jane Fonda?s War? by Mary Hershberger · LRB 17 November 2005

7. One enterprising manufacturer sells urinal cakes with Ms. Fonda's likeness....

jane fonda urinal cakes | eBay

https://www.google.com/search?q=jan...GMOfn0AGN7oH4AQ&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1120&bih=578

The burden of evil people is to be afraid to die. It is part of the punishment for living lives of evil.

Good observation. I certainly hope Hanoi Jane hasn't gone on all these years thinking we're immortals. She should have heard this quotation at least once in her life: There is nothing certain in this life except death and taxes.

We should all be very very relieved that we are not each other's final judge.

The burden of evil people is to be afraid to die. It is part of the punishment for living lives of evil.

Really? Because Ms. Fonda stood up and said, "hey, this Vietnam War is a really, really stupid idea", we did eventually get out of there, saving thousands of American lives.

I guess she could have said nothing and concentrated on her acting career.

Bet you never thought you would hear me say that. (Niether did I) But really I have to thank you for that link to Rick Perlsteins article. He absolutely destroys the foundation of the anti-Jane cult. And the lies and urban legends that engulfed her because of her antiwar stand. He draws a poignant picture of a true American patriot. Of her grace and poise even in the face of persecution by Nixonites and constant harrassment by the FBI.
The story of her cathartic meeting in Waterbury with Veterans was especially meaninful. The Veterans who had come to the meeting full of hate left without the lies and recrimination. As one said, "That was the beginning of my healing."

And so the cults of hate in America should take a lesson from Janes story. Hate is nurtured by lies and propaganda. Now I know you won't mind if I copy and paste a few excerpts from your article;

"A doctored photograph was circulated (it showed up in several newspapers) showing Kerry on a speakers’ platform with Fonda. The picture was found to be a fake, but the association had already been planted. ‘John Kerry with Tits’: five syllables full of implications for the politics of gender, power and anxiety in America".

" a former pow, Air Force Major Fred Cherry, recalled Fonda’s voice ringing out over the prison public address system during an ‘extended torture siege’ in 1967. Fonda didn’t speak out against the war until 1970. (She visited Hanoi in 1972-S.B.)"

"No wonder Nixon was keen to attack Fonda. Her visit to the pows provided the occasion. Fonda, who was carrying 200 letters from the pows’ families, was asked if she would like to meet any prisoners personally. All the captives she met were volunteers, all openly critical of the war. Of course this was the opposite of what the urban legends suppose: that they were tortured into seeing her. But that is the reason the urban legends exist. They are a prophylactic against the anxiety that these pows, the symbolic stand-ins for American innocence, had stabbed themselves in the back."

"The cult matured in the 1980s when America finally began to accept that it had lost a war which hadn’t been worth fighting in the first place. This was around the time Ronald Reagan observed: ‘Boy, I saw Rambo last night. Now I know what to do next time this happens.’ The moment had come to fix the blame where it properly belonged: not on Lyndon Johnson, not on Richard Nixon, but, as Burke points out, on the oldest story in the world, ‘the seductive woman who turns out to be a snake"

OK, that's enough. Thanks Again-S.B.

1."'I have so little time left!' Jane Fonda, 76, reveals she can't stop crying as she comes to terms with her own mortality

2. ...admits she has been brought to tears on more than one occasion recently as she comes to terms with her own mortality.

3. In a thoughtful blog post entitled 'Crying', which has since been removed, Jane wrote: '[I've been thinking], how come my tears are so close to the surface? And I’ve come to feel it has to do with age. I have become so wonderfully, terribly aware of time, of how little of it I have left; how much of it is behind me, and everything becomes so precious.'

4. 'I've listed sad things but what startles me even more is how I get emotional about nice things,.....

5. The thrice-married prolific blogger, who has three children, also joked she is becoming so weepy these days that she can 'only wear waterproof mascara from now on'."
Jane Fonda 'keeps crying as she comes to terms with her mortality' | Mail Online

6. "You don’t know America if you don’t know the Jane Fonda cult. Or rather, the anti-Fonda cult. At places where soldiers or former soldiers congregate, there’ll be stickers of her likeness on the urinals;...."
Rick Perlstein reviews ?Jane Fonda?s War? by Mary Hershberger · LRB 17 November 2005

7. One enterprising manufacturer sells urinal cakes with Ms. Fonda's likeness....

https://www.google.com/search?q=jan...GMOfn0AGN7oH4AQ&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1120&bih=578

I went through that stage also,,,,,when they told me I had testicular cancer...turned out to be a benign growth.
They told me they were going to take my nutz, so I told him I wanted ball bearings put in my sack..

Last edited:

Really? Because Ms. Fonda stood up and said, "hey, this Vietnam War is a really, really stupid idea", we did eventually get out of there, saving thousands of American lives.

Yabut, the facts aren't near as interesting as the lies.

I went through that stage also,,,,,when they told me I had testicular cancer...turned out to be a benign growth.
They told me they were going to take my nutz, so I told him I wanted ball bearings put in my sack..

But then you couldn't get through aiprot security without getting, er uh, felt up ...

You wouldn't want that, right?

This wouldn't be much better and they come in several sizes.

Neuticles.com

Sorta like ping pong balls.

:cool:

She did a hell of a lot more then that. She went to North Vietnam and was photographed sitting in a loaded active anti aircraft weapon. Further she broke into military bases and attempted to incite riots.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

But then you couldn't get through aiprot security without getting, er uh, felt up ...

You wouldn't want that, right?

This wouldn't be much better and they come in several sizes.

Neuticles.com

Sorta like ping pong balls.

:cool:

For what it's worth they didn't castrate me...

Forum List

Back