NBC Purged Jay Leno Because He Dared Criticize Obama

I like nice people. Some people like assholes. Some people like people who act nice. Fallon acts like he's nice. Leno was nice. I would watch ether one, but not on NBC, because they're assholes.

I have known two people who knew Leno and both of them said that he was an asshole.

Oohhhh I don't know about that. I was stuck with a flat on Mulholland when this guy on a motorcycle came by and offered to change it for me. When he took off his helmet, it turned out to be Jay Leno. He was a superb gentleman.

What an asshole!!!!!!!

i like nice people. Some people like assholes. Some people like people who act nice. Fallon acts like he's nice. Leno was nice. I would watch ether one, but not on nbc, because they're assholes.

i have known two people who knew leno and both of them said that he was an asshole.

oohhhh i don't know about that. I was stuck with a flat on mulholland when this guy on a motorcycle came by and offered to change it for me. When he took off his helmet, it turned out to be jay leno. He was a superb gentleman.

suuuuuuuuure

All of this is about much more than mere 'comedy' it is just another indication of how our freedom of speech is being eroded and the willingness of this administration to engage in 'Stalinistic' tactics to silence it's opponents.

Look at the IRS scandal ...we all know that if bush had been president when it was shown how the IRS was being used to go after political opponents...he would have been impeached......and impeached real fast.

Yet our cowardly congressmen....fearing being labeled racist keep pussyfooting around this outrageous and criminal misuse of the IRS.

Due to it's all pervasive political agenda NBC has forfeited any pretense for real journalism....it has lost its credibility and its ratings reflect all this.

Jimmy Fallon will flop and not that far down the road....all because NBC could not allow Jay Leno to joke about their messiah...pathetic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bDOF18xbb0]Trayvon Tragedy: Did NBC Edit the Zimmerman 911 Tape to Serve a Political Agenda? - YouTube[/ame]

That was during the Writer's Guild strike, moron. WGA stands for "Writers' Guild of America". They're the ones who give a comic and the show substance.

Jay Leno says good night to 'Tonight Show': His writers look back....

Beth Einhorn on Being the Only Woman Writer for The Tonight Show

>> Each airing of Leno cost about $350,000[53] to $400,000[48] versus up to $3 million for an hour-long drama, saving NBC $13 million each week without the network needing the show to beat its competitors.[48] Those costs include the services of 22 writers,[31][54] whom Leno called the "top 5% of the highest-paid . . . in the Guild."[23] (Wiki)

The full cast of writers over the years is listed here. I count at least 65.

Commercial television is a big business. They're not about to turn over a show to a single guy to do everything.

duh.gif

You might wanna snap this up before it goes onto eBay:

bridge-to-sell1.png

My, you're so clever.

If you can’t convince them, confuse them, right?

FYI, a diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

You're not much of a diplomat.

?? Who the fuck brought up "diplomacy"? :confused:

I don't claim to be a "diplomat", wherever that came from, but I do know the difference between facts and made-up bullshit. And I give free demonstrations. QED.

Is my information wrong? Or is that which I refuted wrong? You tell me.
"Diplomat"? You may address me as "Mythbuster".

I can think of several names that better describe you.

I was speaking metaphorically of course.

Sorry that got by you.:D

BTW, Jay did write his own jokes.

I recall that during the strike, there were so many rumors about Leno and the WGA that it became impossible for me to check out each of them. One of the most persistent was that WGA West President Patric Verrone had previously worked for Jay on The Tonight Show and therefore given him a “pass” for the monologue. While Verrone had indeed worked for The Tonight Show long ago, it had been for host Johnny Carson, not Leno. I can report that, at one point, members of one late night show’s writing staff contacted me because they’d heard directly from a writer in the room when Verrone met with Leno ostensibly regarding Letterman getting that WGA waiver for Worldwide Pants (because Dave owned his and Craig Ferguson’s late night shows, while Leno worked for NBC) and to tell the Guild he was being pressured by NBC to go back to work. It was claimed Leno matter-of-factly told Verrone that he was going to be writing his own monologue once back on the show. The writer in the room claimed Verrone seemed fine with it. Rumors also reached me that one of the late night producers had called Verrone to complain, and that Verrone had told him the union would not go after Jay. That is until I broke the story of the Leno-Verrone meeting, and then “Verrone had to pretend to be outraged,” the sources told me.

At the time, tempers were high within the late night world. And everyone inside it was furious with the WGA for seeming to not take any action against all the hosts who’d returned tp work, but especially against Leno. “The union has demonstrated to every striking writer that there is no punishment for violating their rules, opening the door for across-the-board scabbing,” one late night writer wrote me. “Verrone has put his personal relationships ahead of the cause.” There was even a call for Patric to step down.

The reason why the situation reached critical mass around Leno was because Jay had been a credited member of The Tonight Show writing staff for most of his tenure behind the desk. And, as such, had by Guild rules to put his pen down and not hire scabs and not ask his writing staff to perform work while the strike was on. It didn’t matter that on the air that first night back, Jay respectfully acknowledged the worthiness of the WGA’s demands. But at the same time he admitted his own strike-breaking creative process whereby “I write jokes and wake my wife up” in order to try them out on her. That’s why, on January 3rd, the WGA told Leno that he violated its rules by penning and delivering punch lines in his monologue. The Secret Case Of WGA vs Jay Leno: Cleared Unanimously; Offered Apology; UPDATE: But Why The WGA Cover-Up? - Deadline.com

I'm sure he had a staff that he picked, and they all had to be members of the WGAw. He didn't just read the jokes off of a teleprompter with zero input like Obama. I think Jay knows how to spell "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" as well.

Last edited:
Saw, your tinfoil beanie needs adjustments.

That goes for all the ODSers here. If you just apply another layer of foil, everything will become clear.

Last edited:
Jay was very effectively showing that Obama was a dumbass, incompetent and a embarassment to America....Jay was doing major damage to the phoney image of obama foisted on people by a media with a political agenda.

Leno Goes After Obama: Things So Bad For President, Fox Changed Slogan To ?See, I Told You So!? | Mediaite

So the powers that be said enough is enough is tooooo much we cannot deal with this ...pull the plug on Leno. Quite obvious.

...... Link?

No, I mean a real link, not that Alex Jones and Dimbart and Brent Bozo and Obamaisastupididiot.com crapola, I mean a reputable news source that quotes NBC or Jay Leno saying that was the basis.

I won't hold my breath on that, racist asshole. You take your time. And don't forget to keep bumping your own thread so you can pretend somebody's reading it.

Last edited:
Jay Leno can take much of the credit for people laughing at Obama...he made it respectable and acceptable....when Don Rickles first made a joke about Obama the audience was ready to lynch him....now it is quite acceptable to laugh at Obama.....and most people are...thus he has become a lame duck.

Never could really get used to the guy...

After years of Johnny Carson, it was kinda like watchin' a Consolation Prize, and I stopped watching the Late Show, within a few months after Leno came on board...

But that was a long time ago, and Leno lasted longer than some...

Tell the truth, I thought the guy was past his Sell-By (Freshness) Date, years ago...

Next contestant for Host, please...

other efforts to limit free speech.....and basically that is what the Firing of Jay Leno is all about....whether or not the American People will have the freedom to laugh at their elected leaders and the government.

But there is much more to freedom of speech than just being able to laugh at a oafish, narcisstic and incompetent presidential phoney....no....it goes much deeper than that...it goes to the very heart of our liberties.

This erosion of free speech began long before obama....he has merely accelerated it with the help of his minority status...his administration made it appear that not only was laughing at the imposter racist but to oppose his policies or his administration was also racist....this sort of thinking was embraced by the leftwing and politically correct types....which composes a huge percentage of our population....even a lot of republicans are politically correct.....thus their hesitation to really go after obama......out of fear of being labelled a racist....thus they have allowed our traditional status as a country founded on free speech to be limitied...to be marginalized....to be made unacceptable.

Many more outrageous examples>>>>>>

such things as>>>>>>>>>>>>>New Obama Attack On First Amendment: President Secretly Signs Bill Limiting Free Speech, Sign Of Things To Come - Downtrend.com

Obama Calls for Amendment Limiting Free-Speech Rights | CNS News

Ongoing Threats to Free Speech

Forum List

Back