Nation's largest health insurer about to exit obamacare???!!!

^Exactly.

And, as an example, this is what lupus meds would cost without insurance:

How Much Does Lupus Treatment Cost? - CostHelper.com

That's just the medication, not the clinic visits, treatment for complications, etc.

Prior to the PPACA, lupus would be one of those preexisting conditions that an insurer might refuse to cover. Even someone with insurance in place might hit a lifetime cap and be SoL.

I've been insured since I was eighteen. I'm nearly 72 now. Never been dropped by any insurance company. I have heart problems, PAD, diabetes, and COPD. I never had an Obamacare type policy and I have great insurance paying zero office visit and zero deductible. I have Medicare and my other insurance pays what Medicare doesn't pay. All I pay are the Medicare premium and the insurance premium.

People like you are why we need to get rid of health insurance. You're obese and a smoker and who knows what else. But you know someone else will pay for your self-inflicted problems.

And yet it's provided access to millions who didn't have it before. Funny that.

Yes - another handout but even if we approve of that, it could have easily been done under the old system Just expand medicaid to include poor people without kids and to also take people with pre-existing conditions. But obozo insisted on overhauling the whole healthcare industry with his 2500 page law.

And yet it's provided access to millions who didn't have it before. Funny that.

Yes - another handout but even if we approve of that, it could have easily been done under the old system Just expand medicaid to include poor people without kids and to also take people with pre-existing conditions. But obozo insisted on overhauling the whole healthcare industry with his 2500 page law.

(A) It's not a "handout"
(B) It's 906 pages, not 2,500, and you can thank Congress for that
(C) You're essentially describing single-payer, which is what will be the end result

But thank you for a reasonable post. :)

Imagine how healthy the population would be after just ten years of letting all the sick and disabled die off!

It's health care that's allowing the defective to breed. If they all died as infants like God intended then all thke bad genes would be gone in two generations.

Besides, too many people is causing greed and global warming!

Isn't that right?

Imagine how healthy the population would be after just ten years of letting all the sick and disabled die off!

It's health care that's allowing the defective to breed. If they all died as infants like God intended then all thke bad genes would be gone in two generations.

Besides, too many people is causing greed and global warming!

Isn't that right?

Thank you, Sarah Palin. :cuckoo:

No luck involved. It was a question of priorities. I didn't drive a new Ford F150 pulling a nice boat. I took care of my family.

Does that matter? Do people who own boats not deserve the opportunity to buy healthcare?

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance. Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.
No, the ability of nearly everyone to now by in is new. Privite companies were not required to provide access even at outrageous prices. That's capitalism for ya, and part of the problem.

Yes. Back then the idea was to get your insurance while you were young and healthy and hold onto it. Once you had your insurance, if you suffered an illness, the insurance would pay.

They would pay right up until they decided to cancel your policy, and then, you couldn't buy another one anywhere. Obamacare fixed that.

You are speaking of an individual insurance policy Stupid. We were discussing employer sponsored group insurance policies. When one is part of a group, the insurance company has to cancel the whole group - not just one policy holder.

I've been insured since I was eighteen. I'm nearly 72 now. Never been dropped by any insurance company. I have heart problems, PAD, diabetes, and COPD. I never had an Obamacare type policy and I have great insurance paying zero office visit and zero deductible. I have Medicare and my other insurance pays what Medicare doesn't pay. All I pay are the Medicare premium and the insurance premium.

People like you are why we need to get rid of health insurance. You're obese and a smoker and who knows what else. But you know someone else will pay for your self-inflicted problems.

Smartass, I weigh 162 lbs and stand 5 feet ten. My COPD was caused by asbestos exposure. You're a special kind of stupid. What if I said you were on AIDS, ugly and on food stamps? How would that go for you. Stupid Idiot.

Everyone in the country agrees that the VA is the worst healthcare in the country. It' s a single payer program.

Why would we want to double down on stupid?

^Exactly.

That's just the medication, not the clinic visits, treatment for complications, etc.

Prior to the PPACA, lupus would be one of those preexisting conditions that an insurer might refuse to cover. Even someone with insurance in place might hit a lifetime cap and be SoL.
didnt read did ya,,,,,,never had a prob finding insurance

Everyone in the country agrees that the VA is the worst healthcare in the country. It' s a single payer program.

VA care varies by location. Some of it sucks, some of it's excellent...at least according to the veterans utilizing the system, and I'll take their word over some media wonk.

"Doubling down on stupid" is the same rationale that says "The UK system is single payer and it sucks..." therefore let's ignore all the other countries whose systems have improved on the British system.

The problem with being stuck in a particular mindset is that you assume it's unchangeable. As soon as it does change, you freak.

^Exactly.

didnt read did ya,,,,,,never had a prob finding insurance

So you say. Assuming it's been the same carrier throughout, it's possible. Probably employer-provided, so you'd have no idea what the premiums would be if your brother and his wife had to get pay them on their own (assuming y'all talk about things like that; my brother and I don't).

My point in posting that link was to show how much the treatment for this disease would have cost someone who had no insurance.

That's all. If you choose to make something else out of it, I can't stop you.

And this is ENTIRELY obozo's fault. Not a a single repub voted for this nightmare when it passed in 2010. We need to go back to what we had before obamacare.

Nation's largest insurer may exit Obamacare due to losses

nov 19 2015 UnitedHealth Group, the largest insurance company in the U.S., on Thursday slashed its earnings outlook, citing new problems related to Obamacare, and told investors it may exit the program's exchanges.

"In recent weeks, growth expectations for individual exchange participation have tempered industrywide, co-operatives have failed, and market data has signaled higher risks and more difficulties while our own claims experience has deteriorated," Stephen J. Hemsley, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group, explained in a press release.

The release added that, "UnitedHealthcare has pulled back on its marketing efforts for individual exchange products in 2016. The company is evaluating the viability of the insurance exchange product segment and will determine during the first half of 2016 to what extent it can continue to serve the public exchange markets in 2017."

Don't worry yourself. This is the purpose of ACA. We're driving toward three our four mega-corporations that will dictate our health care. United will be absorbed by one of these and be fine.

And this is ENTIRELY obozo's fault. Not a a single repub voted for this nightmare when it passed in 2010. We need to go back to what we had before obamacare.

nov 19 2015 UnitedHealth Group, the largest insurance company in the U.S., on Thursday slashed its earnings outlook, citing new problems related to Obamacare, and told investors it may exit the program's exchanges.

"In recent weeks, growth expectations for individual exchange participation have tempered industrywide, co-operatives have failed, and market data has signaled higher risks and more difficulties while our own claims experience has deteriorated," Stephen J. Hemsley, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group, explained in a press release.

The release added that, "UnitedHealthcare has pulled back on its marketing efforts for individual exchange products in 2016. The company is evaluating the viability of the insurance exchange product segment and will determine during the first half of 2016 to what extent it can continue to serve the public exchange markets in 2017."

No we shouldn't go back to the status quo.
We need real healthcare reform that favors the consumer. The healthcare pricing in the US should be competitive with the rest of the world. Before Obamacare the cost of healthcare in the US was outrageous and it still is. It doesn't take a genius to see that. Americans were getting fucked over and we still are getting fucked over.
It really can't be that tough, the rest of the world isn't getting fucked in the ass by the healthcare industry, no it's just the US.

Don't worry yourself. This is the purpose of ACA. We're driving toward three our four mega-corporations that will dictate our health care. United will be absorbed by one of these and be fine.

Y'all didn't seem to mind it when the big banks started gobbling each other up...

VA care varies by location. Some of it sucks, some of it's excellent...at least according to the veterans utilizing the system, and I'll take their word over some media wonk.

"Doubling down on stupid" is the same rationale that says "The UK system is single payer and it sucks..." therefore let's ignore all the other countries whose systems have improved on the British system.

The problem with being stuck in a particular mindset is that you assume it's unchangeable. As soon as it does change, you freak.
:rofl:

Y'all didn't seem to mind it when the big banks started gobbling each other up...

Pretty sure you got no idea what "Me'all" is about.

:itsok:

Tell me you'd be in support of reinstating Glass Steagall and I'd be encouraged.

:itsok:

Tell me you'd be in support of reinstating Glass Steagall and I'd be encouraged.

Repealing Glass Steagall was a mistake. I'd support reinstating it, but likely not for the same reasons as you. I'd much rather end the Fed entirely.

Forum List

Back