Nation's largest health insurer about to exit obamacare???!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
And this is ENTIRELY obozo's fault. Not a a single repub voted for this nightmare when it passed in 2010. We need to go back to what we had before obamacare.

Nation's largest insurer may exit Obamacare due to losses

nov 19 2015 UnitedHealth Group, the largest insurance company in the U.S., on Thursday slashed its earnings outlook, citing new problems related to Obamacare, and told investors it may exit the program's exchanges.

"In recent weeks, growth expectations for individual exchange participation have tempered industrywide, co-operatives have failed, and market data has signaled higher risks and more difficulties while our own claims experience has deteriorated," Stephen J. Hemsley, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group, explained in a press release.

The release added that, "UnitedHealthcare has pulled back on its marketing efforts for individual exchange products in 2016. The company is evaluating the viability of the insurance exchange product segment and will determine during the first half of 2016 to what extent it can continue to serve the public exchange markets in 2017."

And this is ENTIRELY obozo's fault. Not a a single repub voted for this nightmare when it passed in 2010. We need to go back to what we had before obamacare.

Nation's largest insurer may exit Obamacare due to losses

nov 19 2015 UnitedHealth Group, the largest insurance company in the U.S., on Thursday slashed its earnings outlook, citing new problems related to Obamacare, and told investors it may exit the program's exchanges.

"In recent weeks, growth expectations for individual exchange participation have tempered industrywide, co-operatives have failed, and market data has signaled higher risks and more difficulties while our own claims experience has deteriorated," Stephen J. Hemsley, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group, explained in a press release.

The release added that, "UnitedHealthcare has pulled back on its marketing efforts for individual exchange products in 2016. The company is evaluating the viability of the insurance exchange product segment and will determine during the first half of 2016 to what extent it can continue to serve the public exchange markets in 2017."

We don't need do anything. Obamacare is self-destructing every day.

Good. We're getting closer to single payer every day. It's good to know the right can't do anything to stop it. After all, the voted to kill Obamacare more than 50 times.

Predicted, actually hope, United Healthcare would fail. Worst experience I've had thus far with health insurance, yet. Had them year before last. Never, ever again. Awful, deplorable customer service!

• Banned
Good. We're getting closer to single payer every day. It's good to know the right can't do anything to stop it. After all, the voted to kill Obamacare more than 50 times.

After govt failed with obamacare you think america wants MORE govt involvement in health care.? THINK

• Banned
We need to consider getting rid of healthcare insurance. As recently as 50 years ago most middle class americans did NOT have it and health care was good and much cheaper.

Well, Bernie wanted to go there but his plan would cost $15 Trillion and he had to finally admit we couldn't go to single payer.

^^^^ bingo. It's a bad system, not what we need anyway so, crash it and start over with what other modern nations already have.

We need to consider getting rid of healthcare insurance. As recently as 50 years ago most middle class americans did NOT have it and health care was good and much cheaper.

I had good health insurance through my employer 50 years ago.

I did too, until they dropped me.

I've been insured since I was eighteen. I'm nearly 72 now. Never been dropped by any insurance company. I have heart problems, PAD, diabetes, and COPD. I never had an Obamacare type policy and I have great insurance paying zero office visit and zero deductible. I have Medicare and my other insurance pays what Medicare doesn't pay. All I pay are the Medicare premium and the insurance premium.

I've been insured since I was eighteen. I'm nearly 72 now. Never been dropped by any insurance company. I have heart problems, PAD, diabetes, and COPD. I never had an Obamacare type policy and I have great insurance paying zero office visit and zero deductible. I have Medicare and my other insurance pays what Medicare doesn't pay. All I pay are the Medicare premium and the insurance premium.

If everybody were as lucky as you there would be no need for Obamacare. Sadly, most not.

If everybody were as lucky as you there would be no need for Obamacare. Sadly, most not.

No luck involved. It was a question of priorities. I didn't drive a new Ford F150 pulling a nice boat. I took care of my family.

No luck involved. It was a question of priorities. I didn't drive a new Ford F150 pulling a nice boat. I took care of my family.

Does that matter? Do people who own boats not deserve the opportunity to buy healthcare?

Does that matter? Do people who own boats not deserve the opportunity to buy healthcare?

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance. Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance. Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.
No, the ability of nearly everyone to now by in is new. Privite companies were not required to provide access even at outrageous prices. That's capitalism for ya, and part of the problem.

Predicted, actually hope, United Healthcare would fail. Worst experience I've had thus far with health insurance, yet. Had them year before last. Never, ever again. Awful, deplorable customer service!
Had them for nine yrs.....0 probs

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance.

In the sense that everyone has always had the opportunity to buy a Lexus.

Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.

Many chose not to, true. And they're the ones howling the loudest now about being "forced" to take adult responsibility.

However, either you really don't know as much as you claim to, or you're lying about people waiting until they have a major accident or illness.

Here's a test for you: What would happen if you waited until after you smashed up your car to get auto insurance? (Hint: Your premiums would be obscene.)

Why pretend the old system of health insurance was any different?

The only area in which it was different was in preexisting conditions. That would be the equivalent of an auto insurer saying "Sorry, we don't like the model you're driving. No coverage."

Stop lying.

Forum List

Back